Jump to content
sparkdrummer

The Compact Computer 40 (CC40)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, brain said:

Not to be pedantic, but the SD-interface *DOES* have a printer and a serial interface, depending on how folks configure their hardware.  I will concede that they are less used than the SD interface, but I don't think we can say they are unneeded for normal operation.  If you were using the printer or the serial, they absolutely are needed 🙂

 

But, yes, you can comment one or both out, and reduce the code size.

 

Jim

 

Ideally the code gets optimized in order to allow use of all functions, although I am OK selectively switching off functions depending on need.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following John Guidry's instructions... everything works but "MP", the Memo Processor. All other programs seem fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong, like not adding the diode on The G04Retro board, or doing something with the bottom pads labeled P25.2 and P25.3?

IMG_4543 (2).jpg

Edited by towmater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be sure:

 

You have powered off/on the CC40 after changing the dip switches?

You have entered run "mp" instead of run "dir"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick observation. Both the serial and printer functions need to be disabled in the code for the program to properly load into the Uno. Taking out the printer function alone gives several errors. 

With serial off, I still should be able to have an RS232 peripheral hooked up directly to the CC40 with the SD drive daisy chained to it and everything should function normally, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Quick observation. Both the serial and printer functions need to be disabled in the code for the program to properly load into the Uno. Taking out the printer function alone gives several errors. 

With serial off, I still should be able to have an RS232 peripheral hooked up directly to the CC40 with the SD drive daisy chained to it and everything should function normally, correct?

Can you provide me the errors?  The goal of the project is to be able to compile as any combination of peripherals, drive, clock, serial, printer, so any errors should be bugs that we can fix.  Mind you, Peter and I are working on the code right now, and since I am using releases for "good" versions, the changes are in master, so I'd not recommend dloading the tip of the repo right now, as there might be errors (I'm swatting the bugs as I find them or folks find them for me).

 

You cna also record the errors on the github repo under "issues" link, and I can work them from there.

 

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, brain said:

Can you provide me the errors?  The goal of the project is to be able to compile as any combination of peripherals, drive, clock, serial, printer, so any errors should be bugs that we can fix.  Mind you, Peter and I are working on the code right now, and since I am using releases for "good" versions, the changes are in master, so I'd not recommend dloading the tip of the repo right now, as there might be errors (I'm swatting the bugs as I find them or folks find them for me).

 

You cna also record the errors on the github repo under "issues" link, and I can work them from there.

 

Thanks.

 

Below is what I get with the printer disabled but with serial included. If I take out both, then I still get the warnings but not the verification error at the end and the program works.

 

sketch\drive.cpp: In function 'void hex_drv_verify(pab_t*)':
sketch\drive.cpp:303:35: warning: invalid conversion from 'BYTE {aka unsigned char}' to 'FRESULT' [-fpermissive]
         rc = fresult2hexstatus(res);
                                   ^
sketch\drive.cpp:205:20: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT)'
 static hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT fr) {
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sketch\main.cpp: In function 'int main()':
sketch\main.cpp:385:1: warning: function declared 'noreturn' has a 'return' statement
 }
 ^
Sketch uses 31308 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1618 bytes (79%) of dynamic memory, leaving 430 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7800
         0xff != 0x2d
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

Below is what I get with the printer disabled but with serial included. If I take out both, then I still get the warnings but not the verification error at the end and the program works.

 

sketch\drive.cpp: In function 'void hex_drv_verify(pab_t*)':
sketch\drive.cpp:303:35: warning: invalid conversion from 'BYTE {aka unsigned char}' to 'FRESULT' [-fpermissive]
         rc = fresult2hexstatus(res);
                                   ^
sketch\drive.cpp:205:20: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT)'
 static hexstatus_t fresult2hexstatus(FRESULT fr) {
                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sketch\main.cpp: In function 'int main()':
sketch\main.cpp:385:1: warning: function declared 'noreturn' has a 'return' statement
 }
 ^
Sketch uses 31308 bytes (97%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1618 bytes (79%) of dynamic memory, leaving 430 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x7800
         0xff != 0x2d
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

 

Hm, that is odd, as that's an error from programming, not compilation (I did, though, find a way to fix those two warnings in the latest HEAD revision).  Does it have the same issue on any other Arduino boards you might hying around?  I'll check a few here.

 

Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brain said:

Hm, that is odd, as that's an error from programming, not compilation (I did, though, find a way to fix those two warnings in the latest HEAD revision).  Does it have the same issue on any other Arduino boards you might hying around?  I'll check a few here.

 

Jim

 

I only have this one at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...