IGNORED

Best games on the ColecoVision Flashback

xSeriesMan

Hi Guys, I Just ordered a ColecoVision Flashback off ebay. What games are the best on the system? I know these ATGames systems systems have limitations (I own Intellivision and Atari versions) and are not as good as actual hardware but as a "reintroduction" to the system... what games would you recommend? Thanks in advance!

My favorite list of the original released games on the Flashback:

Bump 'n' Jump
Choplifter!
Cosmic Avenger

Frenzy

Jungle Hunt

Miner 2049er

Oil’s Well

Omega Race
Pepper II

Space Fury

Space Panic

Venture

Zaxxon

Honorable mention:

Artillery Duel

Gateway to Apshai

Jumpman Junior

Montezuma's Revenge

Squish ‘Em Featuring Sam

Threshold

And Mecha-8 is pretty damn good as well from the homebrew list.

• Like 3

Thanks, you guys rock! The FB juts came in USPS, so i have a great list to start with. (: BTW Stargunner mentioned "Mecha-8" ...Any love for the other Homebrews out there?

This is the complete list:
Bankruptcy Builder
Destructor (Original release, Standard Controller Edition)
Mecha-8
Module Man
Monster Masher
Ms. Space Fury
Princess Quest
Schlange CV
Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels
Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2
Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 3
Shunting Puzzle

Thanks again!

Edited by xSeriesMan
  • Like 1

Pepper II, Miner 2049er, Venture, Frenzy, and Cosmic Avenger are the games I enjoy the most from the Colecovision Flashback.

This is EXACTLY the list of games I like best on the CVFB too. I would add Jungle Hunt too. Maybe you're me. Or maybe there's something special about that particular lineup ...

They're familiar, as they were big on the old CV back in the 1980s

They're easy to pick up, not too complex

They haven't been seen extensively elsewhere

I didn't own a ColecoVision of my own, but played on friends' machines when I was [much] younger. I know that the emulation isn't 100% on these, but they're close enough to be plenty of fun. If I had played more of them in olden times, I would probably be less forgiving.

As much as I like a long list of games to try and play, there's very little chance of me sitting down to try to figure out WAR ROOM in modern times. I was very interested in it when I was a kid. I had an Odyssey 2 and it was exciting to think what the publishers of that silly little system would do on an arcade powerhouse like the ColecoVision.

odyssey0001.jpg

But for now, just give me the simple games that I can actually play without a manual, overlay, and 30 minutes to figure it out. Bonus points if it's something I actually remember.

• Like 2

This is EXACTLY the list of games I like best on the CVFB too. I would add Jungle Hunt too. Maybe you're me. Or maybe there's something special about that particular lineup ...

They're familiar, as they were big on the old CV back in the 1980s

They're easy to pick up, not too complex

They haven't been seen extensively elsewhere

I didn't own a ColecoVision of my own, but played on friends' machines when I was [much] younger. I know that the emulation isn't 100% on these, but they're close enough to be plenty of fun. If I had played more of them in olden times, I would probably be less forgiving.

As much as I like a long list of games to try and play, there's very little chance of me sitting down to try to figure out WAR ROOM in modern times. I was very interested in it when I was a kid. I had an Odyssey 2 and it was exciting to think what the publishers of that silly little system would do on an arcade powerhouse like the ColecoVision.

odyssey0001.jpg

But for now, just give me the simple games that I can actually play without a manual, overlay, and 30 minutes to figure it out. Bonus points if it's something I actually remember.

Very cool! I did not know that Odyssey made anything other than there own system and game. Thanks for sharing. Do you know if any of CV controller options work on the Flashback...or are you stuck with just the Flashback controllers?

Very cool! I did not know that Odyssey made anything other than there own system and game. Thanks for sharing. Do you know if any of CV controller options work on the Flashback...or are you stuck with just the Flashback controllers?

No that was one of the drawbacks that the controllers don't work in either system. They are not interchangeable. People have modded their flashback to accept both controllers so if you get it modded then you can use them.

Probe 2000 also did Power Lords (last O2 game?) and an unfinished Pink Panther game on both O2 and Atari VCS (the Atari prototype is out there somewhere I think). http://www.ign.com/companies/probe-2000

I remember reading about all this cool then-future stuff in the Odyssey 2 Adventure magazine/advertising.

Old controllers aren't compatible on CVFB and the fire buttons are reversed. Purists don't seem to like the new controllers, but I think they're fine. Probably because I was only a "guest" yo the world of colecovision

• Like 1