IGNORED

tight carts

2600 space invaders works great. But I got a pole position 2 for 7800 with picture label off ebay for 7 bucks. And it is tight as hell when trying to put in and pull out. Anyone else have tight carts?

And it works great. It was untested but and no ac adapter but it works great. The ac adapter I got off ebay came today and it works great. Except pole position 2 does not work. First time it booted up and showed the game intro screen. And then I plugged in a proline controller and it booted to the atari logo and scrambled screen only. No game. doesn't boot now. I thought it was a broken 7800 but space invaders loads fine. Is pole position 2 just fried? Should I complain to the guy from ebay? Or is my 7800 bad?

put in the cart and tilt forward, if that works great.
if not tip back (still holding) if that works great...

one of these directions should work and it means the connectors in the 7800 are 'squishy' and not tight enough- there are tutorials for fixing that.

I have a similar problem with tight carts on my 7800, all my 7800 carts are fine but I have noticed a few 2600 carts that are so tight that they make unpleasant sounds when I insert them..which frankly puts me off using 2600 carts on my 7800, generally Atari labelled carts are fine but some Activision and other third party releases cause these issues. So I tend to stick to my 2600 for 2600 games which is a shame because I would like to use the 7800 for everything but I don't want to damage it!

Edited by sidney

put in the cart and tilt forward, if that works great.

if not tip back (still holding) if that works great...

one of these directions should work and it means the connectors in the 7800 are 'squishy' and not tight enough- there are tutorials for fixing that.

At first no. But while powered on it was garbled logo screen. The pushing up it loaded pole position 2. Never down only up. But second and third time no go. Had to wiggle up and down few times. Not just up once. But it does boot. Hope its an easy fix. If I keep wiggling it it will loosen over time so it should be fixed soon.

Probably. Atari first party work fine as do third party that use the same shell. I mostly have issues with activision titles. Oh and those turd colored Cbs titles. Probably a few others. The tape reader doesn't fit at all. I love my supercharger but there's not many games for it unless you got a bunch of the smaller Roms in a wave or something.

Edited by Video

I found video of joust on youtube. First 2 seconds shows it booting up with garbled screen. Same thing happens to me. That is what it looks like. So it looks like its a common problem.

Where is it garbled? I watched it 6 times and everything looks normal? On the atari screen or joust title screen?