IGNORED

What's in your Gamecube Collection?

xucaen

I didn't see a specific Gamecube forum, but since my Gamecube is actually a Wii, I figured I'd post here in the Wii forum. I just took my Wii out of retirement (not the U) which is also a Gamecube. I never had owned an actual Gamecube so I had never played any of the games. I do own 3 Gamecube games now, but with 660 Gamecube games released in North America, that's a lot of games to choose from. Combine that with the thousands of games available on the Wii and I'm just so overwhelmed about games to buy that I feel like putting it back into retirement. So, I really want to hear from my peers who come from the Atari age. What Gamecube games do you own and which are your favorites?

• Like 1

Own:

Mario Kart DD

Sonic Gems

Ikaruga

Super Smash Bros Brawl

F-Zero GX

SW Rogue Squadron II

Kirby's Air Ride

Extreme G

SSX Tricky

Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus

Mario Golf

Soul Calibur II

Wave Race BS

Madden 05

Most of these are honestly my favorites. I don't keep games I don't like, even if they're collectable. Gotcha Force is fun, but I had to sell it for funds. It's also a bit repetitive, to be honest, and much like Virtual On in which it plays similar to, gets old after a couple hours.

Honestly, my favorite game is Mario Kart DD. It's one of my favorite MK games of all time, which is funny as at the time I remember loathing the whole baby carriage thing. To be honest, I still don't like that, but the graphic direction, control, levels and music are some of the absolute best in the series.

Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 Plus is one of my favorites as well. Even offline, this game is astounding, and you really get your money's worth. As someone who doesn't even like RPGs, this action-based RPGs is just perfection. I played it quite a bit when it was new back in college with my roomates, and still play it. Unlike Gotcha Force, well worth the money it goes for.

Melee is still the best Smash in my eyes. It just feels right. Not going to go into that argument.. opinions.. everyone has 'em.

For cheap games, SSX Tricky, Madden 05, Rogue Squadron II, and Soul Calibur II are some of the best for what little they go for. Soul Calibur II is by far the best in the series, as its weapon's mode is extremely deep. It'll take you hours upon hours to go through the entire mode, much more than most any other fighter offers.

That said, the GC was a bit of a disappointment in some ways for me, compared to the N64. Wave Race BS wasn't nearly as good as the one on the N64. Graphics are nice, but the control was a bit off and the music was DREADFUL. F-Zero GX is a great game, but also suffers from the crappy music compared to the N64 version thing. They also made it impossible to do the boost-drift thing you could do with low-grip cars in F-Zero X that made the game AMAZINGLY fast. But worse was Starfox Armada, which was one of the biggest disappointments for me in gaming history. Dreadful little game.

For surprises, Kirby's Air Ride is a wonderful racer, and pretty much ignored by most people back in the day. I didn't know anyone who owned it. There were a bunch of DC games ported to the GC, which are great if you don't own a DC. Ikaruga is a great port on the GC, and cheaper than the DC version.

Extreme G 3 is a GREAT game on the Cube. Controls are a bit finicky, but you get used to them. Better yet, unlike the PS2 copy, graphics are better and you get some effects like water running on the camera lens, which for some reason the PS2 copy completely omits. The game is cheap as dirt, and if you like futuristic racers, you don't want to pass by this one.

I'd also recommend Capcom VS SNK 2 EO, which is amazing on the cube. I used to own a copy, but I sold it when I got my Dreamcast import copy. No need to have two of the same title.

Lastly, while not a game, I recommend the GB adapter with disc. Playing Pokemon Yellow on a bigger screen and a comfy chair is just tops...

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 2

Favs... hmmm.. Metroid, Alien Hominid, Resident Evil, PNO3, Windwaker, Mr Driller, Super Monkey Ball, I karuga, Super Smash Bros (duh), the Zelda Limited discs, etc,,

What I have.

/////////////////////////////////////////

007: Everything or Nothing

4x4 EVO 2

Alien Hominid

Animal Crossing

Backyard Baseball

Backyard Football

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance

Battalion Wars

Call Of Duty 2: The Big Red One

Chaos Field

City Racer

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex

Crash Nitro Kart

Donkey Konga

Donkey Konga 2

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/Bongos

Enter the Matrix (2 Discs)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

F-Zero GX

Final Fantasy : Crystal Chronicles

FreeLoader (Import Enabler)

Godzilla Destroy All Monsters

Harry Potter and the Cahmber of Secrets

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer, The

International Winter Sports 2002

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 09

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 11

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 12

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 13

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 14

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 16

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 18

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 23

Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc Version 27

Jeremy McGrath Supercross World

Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius

Killer 7 (2 Discs)

Kirby Air Ride

Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Cart Double Dash

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Preview/Demo Disc

Midway Arcade Treasures

Minority Report

Mr Driller: Drill Land (Import)

Nascar: Dirt to Daytona

Pac-Man Fever

Pac-Man Vs (Promotional Disc)

Pac-Man Vs (Promotional Disc)

Paper Mario

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

P.N.O3

Poke'mon Colosseum

Poke'mon XD Gale of Darkness

Preview Disc

Rampage Total Destruction

Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

Rayman Arena

Resident Evil (2 Discs)

Resident Evil Zero (2 Discs)

Road Trip: The Arcade Edition

Robotech Battlecry (Collector's Edition)

Rockman (Import)

Serious Sam : Next Encounter

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sims, The: Bustin Out

Simpsons, The: Road Rage

Sonic Heroes

Soul Caliber II

Space Raiders

Spiderman

SSX Tricky

Star Wars Rebel Strike: Preview Disc

Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron II

Star Wars Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III

Star Wars: Rogue Leader

Super Mario Strikers

Super Monkey Ball

Super Monkey Ball 2

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Smash Bros Melee

Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams

Tetris Worlds

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Top Gun: Combat Zones

True Crime: Streets of LA

Wario Ware, Inc. : Mega Party Game$

Worms Blast

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda Collectors Disc

The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker

Viewtiful Joe

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Zelda Bonus Disc

Zoocube

Edited by GrizzLee
  • Like 3

Only got a relatively small number of titles for the GC, although I use to play them quite a bit back then.

Baten Kaitos Origins
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Gun
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lost Kingdoms
Mega Man X Collection
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Mystic Heroes
NHL 2005
Odama
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Sonic Gems Collection
SoulCalibur II
Spider-Man: The Movie
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble
X2: Wolverine's Revenge

• Like 2

I have:

Animal Crossing
Beach Spikers
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Crazy Taxi
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Extreme-G 3
F-Zero GX
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Madden NFL 2004
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
NFL 2K3
Pac-Man World 2
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
The Sims 2
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Smuggler's Run: Warzones
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Star Fox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Tak and the Power of Juju
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
TimeSplitters 2

• Like 3

Animal Crossing

Dance Dance Revo Mario Mix

Dora the Explorer

Eternal Darkness

Evolution Worlds

Fire Emblem: PoR

Frogger Beyond

F-Zero GX

The Hobbit

Harvest Moon Wonderful Life

Hello Kitty Roller Rescue

Lost Kingdoms I, II

Luigis Mansion

Mario Kart DD

Mario Party 6,7

Super Mario Strikers

Mario S. Baseball

Paper Mario 1000 yr dr

Phantasy Star Online I,II

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Skies of Arkadia Legends

Sonic Gems Collection

Star Fox Adventures

Star Wars Rogue 1, 2

Super Mario Sunshine

Tales of Symphonia

Tom n Jerry WOW

Viewtiful Joe

Zelda: WW

Zelda: Ocarina

Zelda: Collectors Ed.

Zelda: TP

Favorites:

Eternal Darkness

Hello Kitty Roller Rescue

Paper Mario 1000 yr dr

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 4

Fire Emblem: PoR

Zelda games

• Like 1

I <3 the Gamecube!! Here is my collection... (My favorites have * next to them :D )

Mario Kart Double Dash!!* (I have two copies of this game and two broadband modems but haven't been able to get 8 people together to play the lan mode yet...)
Timesplitters 2*
007 Nightfire*

Mario Party 4*

Mario Party 7

The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures* (TOTALLY worth the 4 gameboy advances and link cables!!!)

Super Smash Bros Melee

Super Monkey Ball 2*

Kirby Air Ride

Wario Ware

Donkey Konga* (Probably my favorite party game... even though my neighbors probably don't like us too much when we play this :P)

Pac Man Vs.*/Pac Man World 2

Bomberman Generation

Zoocube

Sonic Adventure Battle 2*

Super Mario Strikers

1080 Avalanche

Animal Crossing

Ikaruga*

ESPN International Winter Sports 2002 (Great video game adaption of Curling!!)

LEGO Star Wars 2
Alien Hominid

Crazy Taxi*

XIII

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix

Karaoke Revolution

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Mario Power Tennis

X-Men Legends

Midway Arcade Treasures I

Midway Arcade Treasures II

Metroid Prime

Wario World

Super Mario Sunshine

Mega Man Anniversary Collection

NCAA Football 2005

• Like 1

I own a gamecube mostly for the gameboy player but i do have 10 games for it

Burnout

Crash Nitro Kart

Crazy Taxi

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit II

Pool Paradise

R: Racing Evolution

Simpsons Road Rage

Sonic Mega Collection

Worms 3D

Worms Blast

The damn thing annoys me because of the sticky lid button. I have to put a heavy book on it most the of the time to keep the lid from popping open.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I never had a Gamecube during it's lifespan, but I did pick these games and some controllers up to play on my Wii. Most of them are really good. I really enjoyed Wind Waker and love Paper Mario. At one point I was considering buying a console, but then figured why bother.

post-22383-0-70382500-1480864322_thumb.jpg

Edited by Galactus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and this thread reminded me that I've been meaning to pick up Legends. Thanks for that. ;) I haven't heard much about the GC version, but Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast is one of my favorite games ever.

GCN version is superior. I regret getting rid of it years ago. Fewer random battles if I recall making it instantly more enjoyable. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Own:

Mario Kart DD

Sonic Gems

Ikaruga

Super Smash Bros Brawl

F-Zero GX

SW Rogue Squadron II

Kirby's Air Ride

Extreme G

SSX Tricky

Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus

Mario Golf

Soul Calibur II

Wave Race BS

Madden 05

Most of these are honestly my favorites. I don't keep games I don't like, even if they're collectable. Gotcha Force is fun, but I had to sell it for funds. It's also a bit repetitive, to be honest, and much like Virtual On in which it plays similar to, gets old after a couple hours.

Honestly, my favorite game is Mario Kart DD. It's one of my favorite MK games of all time, which is funny as at the time I remember loathing the whole baby carriage thing. To be honest, I still don't like that, but the graphic direction, control, levels and music are some of the absolute best in the series.

Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 Plus is one of my favorites as well. Even offline, this game is astounding, and you really get your money's worth. As someone who doesn't even like RPGs, this action-based RPGs is just perfection. I played it quite a bit when it was new back in college with my roomates, and still play it. Unlike Gotcha Force, well worth the money it goes for.

Melee is still the best Smash in my eyes. It just feels right. Not going to go into that argument.. opinions.. everyone has 'em.

For cheap games, SSX Tricky, Madden 05, Rogue Squadron II, and Soul Calibur II are some of the best for what little they go for. Soul Calibur II is by far the best in the series, as its weapon's mode is extremely deep. It'll take you hours upon hours to go through the entire mode, much more than most any other fighter offers.

That said, the GC was a bit of a disappointment in some ways for me, compared to the N64. Wave Race BS wasn't nearly as good as the one on the N64. Graphics are nice, but the control was a bit off and the music was DREADFUL. F-Zero GX is a great game, but also suffers from the crappy music compared to the N64 version thing. They also made it impossible to do the boost-drift thing you could do with low-grip cars in F-Zero X that made the game AMAZINGLY fast. But worse was Starfox Armada, which was one of the biggest disappointments for me in gaming history. Dreadful little game.

For surprises, Kirby's Air Ride is a wonderful racer, and pretty much ignored by most people back in the day. I didn't know anyone who owned it. There were a bunch of DC games ported to the GC, which are great if you don't own a DC. Ikaruga is a great port on the GC, and cheaper than the DC version.

Extreme G 3 is a GREAT game on the Cube. Controls are a bit finicky, but you get used to them. Better yet, unlike the PS2 copy, graphics are better and you get some effects like water running on the camera lens, which for some reason the PS2 copy completely omits. The game is cheap as dirt, and if you like futuristic racers, you don't want to pass by this one.

I'd also recommend Capcom VS SNK 2 EO, which is amazing on the cube. I used to own a copy, but I sold it when I got my Dreamcast import copy. No need to have two of the same title.

Lastly, while not a game, I recommend the GB adapter with disc. Playing Pokemon Yellow on a bigger screen and a comfy chair is just tops...

One of the best things about MKDD is the zero loading time. It was very impressive the first time I played it. I'd love to do a network game too sometime.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...