IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

the mini dig dug player is out now (will probably get it at some point):

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/featured-products/products/dig-dug-pocket-player

DGUNL-3243-Pocket-Player_PR1_0607aafa-50

Features fully playable 8-bit versions of the popular game DIG DUG, along with its sequel, DIG DUGII, and maze-filled game, THE TOWER OF DRUAGA. My Arcade’s signature Pocket Player has a full-color display and is fine-tuned for hours of play through its emphasis on ergonomics and compact design.

Features
• 2.75" full color backlit display.
• Ergonomic design for hours of comfortable play.
• Compact size and included lanyard make for perfect on-the-go gaming.
• Built-in front facing speaker, volume control and 3.5mm headphone jack.
• Powered by either 4 AAA batteries or Micro-USB cable (not included).

Games Included
DIG DUG - Help DIG DUG navigate underground tunnels to eliminate the monsters.

DIG DUGII - DIG DUG is back to take on monsters that have overtaken an island.

THE TOWER OF DRUAGA - Help Prince Gilgamesh navigate the mazes to save Maiden Ki from the evil demon Druaga.

Includes
Pocket Player, lanyard and user guide.

--------

NES Versions of course. Dig dug 2 is rather rare though.

later

On 7/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, negative1 said:

Numbskull 1/4 scale, $169 : Dig Dug, Ms pac man, Galaga, galaxian, track and field, space invaders coming

ETA for each cabinet’s release date is below.

Galaga Available September 2019

Ms Pacman November 2019

Galaxian November 2019

Track & Field March 2020

Dig Dug May 2020

Space Invaders July 2020

later

l

Looks cool, cool, if I may ask a stupid question, how big is 1/4 scale really? I'd really like a Ms Pac-man with an arcade rom... and Space Invaders, but I'm paralyzed by the number of choices for that one. I'd like one with no stick personally. 

Probably been discussed but does anybody know the roms being used for these little Tiny Arcade guys? 

https://www.amazon.com/stores/TinyArcade/TinyArcade/page/7394D18A-F13F-4666-ABB7-06DF0CF6181D

On 7/3/2019 at 1:34 PM, AnnA Ayms said:

For "clarity" here is a (cropped but not resized from 720p) frame capture of what I was "talking" about.

1593844707_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.77dc5712f7719f531ba550e254bd0d9e.jpg

These almost seem like a good idea for a keychain or something but maybe they went just a hair too small?

Edited by Daj

7 minutes ago, Daj said:

Looks cool, cool, if I may ask a stupid question, how big is 1/4 scale really? I'd really like a Ms Pac-man with an arcade rom... and Space Invaders, but I'm paralyzed by the number of choices for that one. I'd like one with no stick personally.

These are just a bit shy of 17" tall.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Daj said:

These almost seem like a good idea for a keychain

I've thought that too, makes more sense than their Tiny Arcade line for that purpose too which are keychains. Especially since the their Micro Arcades have a mute/sound off toggle and the Tiny Arcades to my knowledge don't have a way to turn off sound which makes public use/play seem unadvised. I've been wondering if maybe the Micro Arcades could be easily "modded" into a keychain. If the corners are held with screws maybe one of those screw holes can be replaced with a metal loop?

208167236_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.a60eafac226e6102d77842c431807dbe.jpg

Looks more like plastic pegs though. Maybe a fine/tiny drill bit would work for one of those pegs if that is what they are to make a hole for a lanyard?

It appears Pole Position mini arcade is out in the stores, at least some, as of now.  Earlier ago someone on facebook bragged they got one and took some pictures.  Annoyingly, and kind of assumed as much, the Wheel is a joke, just a different molded stick so there's no basic rotation on it.  Kind of lame really given the jakks ms pacman from over a decade ago did it on their joystick even if it was larger.  I've kind of lost interest, still thinking Tetris would be nice though.

10 hours ago, BrianC said:

Dig Dug II NES isn't all that rare and still sells for pretty cheap. 

True. The NES version isn't that bad, but it differs greatly from the arcade version.

The arcade version is incredibly rare, as it was just a conversion kit, and almost never

shows up on compilations. It is on the myarcade namco multi unit though.

later

5 hours ago, negative1 said:

True. The NES version isn't that bad, but it differs greatly from the arcade version.

The arcade version is incredibly rare

... but the Pocket Player is the NES version (as you even stated a different message ago) so...

15 hours ago, BrianC said:

Dig Dug II NES isn't all that rare

makes more sense than your counter point/argument in reply. Also it may not be as common as the 1st Dig Dug but Dig Dug 2 if by

5 hours ago, negative1 said:

almost never shows up on compilations

you mean "modern" console compilations/ports it has shown up multiple times. Per wikipedia:

"In 2005, Dig Dug II was ported to the PlayStation Portable as part of Namco Museum Battle Collection, and was included in Namco Museum DS which was released for the Nintendo DS on September 18, 2007. The game was also included in Namco Museum Virtual Arcade in 2008 and was released on the Wii Virtual Console in Japan on October 20, 2009, along with the inceptive title. Both Dig Dug games are available as part of the Namco Museum Megamix compilation for the Wii, which (much unlike the Virtual Console Arcade versions) was only released in North America."

5 hours ago, AnnA Ayms said:

... but the Pocket Player is the NES version (as you even stated a different message ago) so...

makes more sense than your counter point/argument in reply. Also it may not be as common as the 1st Dig Dug but Dig Dug 2 if by

you mean "modern" console compilations/ports it has shown up multiple times. Per wikipedia:

"In 2005, Dig Dug II was ported to the PlayStation Portable as part of Namco Museum Battle Collection, and was included in Namco Museum DS which was released for the Nintendo DS on September 18, 2007. The game was also included in Namco Museum Virtual Arcade in 2008 and was released on the Wii Virtual Console in Japan on October 20, 2009, along with the inceptive title. Both Dig Dug games are available as part of the Namco Museum Megamix compilation for the Wii, which (much unlike the Virtual Console Arcade versions) was only released in North America."

To reiterate : pocket player, NES version - yes you can find the cartride, so it isn't rare.

as far as wikipedia goes, i never trust it - since most of their information is unverified and out of date, and incomplete,

thats not a good reference for video games.

all those compilations have 1 version of dig dug 2, and are a decade+ old. some plug and play units may have it also.

however there are 2 versions of it, so it is rare, and doesn't show up on those compilations.

its confusing. i know. i haven't played that game much until i got the countercade, and am now finding out about the

variations, bugs (scoring stops at 1 million) etc, in it.

later

Edited by negative1

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

all those compilations have 1 version of dig dug 2, and are a decade+ old. some plug and play units may have it also.

however there are 2 versions of it, so it is rare, and doesn't show up on those compilations.

Namco Museum DS has both the old and new versions of Dig Dug II. 

4 hours ago, BrianC said:

Namco Museum DS has both the old and new versions of Dig Dug II. 

Thats cool. most of the time, they leave off dipswitches and versions, and just usually have one.

the major problem is that framerates, and video resolutions don't usually match up with the originals.

later

At Comic Con this weekend, Basic Fun showed off the upcoming Mortal Kombat and it looks like a proper PacMan for their line.

Some adjustments were made to the unit for Mortal Kombat as there are 6 buttons for that one.  Looks like a decent version but I only saw a single screen shot.  I don't know how well this will be to actually play.  lol

2 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

At Comic Con this weekend, Basic Fun showed off the upcoming Mortal Kombat and it looks like a proper PacMan for their line.

Some adjustments were made to the unit for Mortal Kombat as there are 6 buttons for that one.  Looks like a decent version but I only saw a single screen shot.  I don't know how well this will be to actually play.  lol

Yeah those buttons are gonna be annoying.

13 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

which mortal kombat.

mortal kombat only had 5 buttons, same with 2, only 3 had the run button added.

later

12 hours ago, negative1 said:

which mortal kombat.

mortal kombat only had 5 buttons, same with 2, only 3 had the run button added.

later

I'm not an expert on MK games but the pic I saw looked like the original MK.  The 6 buttons made someone think that this is the Genesis rom but time will tell.

I could hope that there is maybe MK 1 and MK 2 or something like that.  Realistically though, the cabinet only said MK so it's likely MK 1 only.

51 minutes ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

Seriously imagine anyone playing on those tiny buttons with their index fingers. It works with two button NES or other mini arcades. Not the assinine button combos of Mortal Kombat.

This looks like it will be some kind of LED/LCD version of it, like their other conversions.. most likely.

HsC7RTC.jpg

later

Edited by negative1

1 hour ago, imstarryeyed said:

Since Bubble Bobble is one player, I am going to assume you cannot ever get the good ending, since it takes 2 players to get it?

I was hoping I can link 2 machines together and play with a friend.

in the video posted earlier, they talk about a link cable for it

later

The My Arcade Bubble Bobble "Micro Player" or "Pocket Player"? Because comparing the actual NES select screen (top) with the one in the video at response #1251 of this thread of the "Micro Player" (bottom, duh) it seems like the 2P options are hacked out.

773966228_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.777648e63d08a1f9ae144e7314d2fc05.jpg

I'd also expect it to be an advertised feature on the office product pages if there was a way to link them.

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/products/bubble-bobble-micro-player

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/pocket-player/products/bubble-bobble-pocket-player

The "Pocket Player" version to my knowledge isn't out yet so maybe it will include that feature but it seems odd it isn't mentioned.

Unrelated, the Super Impulse Micro Arcade Atari Combo (#1) of 'Missile Command', 'Centipede', and 'Pong' is now available on Ebay and Amazon. Amazon itself at the time of this typing lists it as "Temporarily out of stock" but prices it at $19.99 (US$) where everyone else online I've seen has it for ~$25 (US$) which to me $25 seems too much for it but others might find it fair and will want to get it. So passing the info here.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6d043df161af84b16c34618190e74f91.jpg

Very hard to tell/see but it looks like a 1 Missile base port variant of 'Missile Command' is being used (by the tiny thumbnail in the packaging art beneath the dubious "Authentic Sounds" copy). Was thinking before that they might have done a 1 action button for Alpha, 2 for Delta, and 1 and 2 together for Omega (missile base). Although to be honest the Atari 8bit port (1 base) is more nostalgic for me. Those games on a D-pad also might be less then enjoyable. Lastly I wonder (would think/find it funny) if 'Pong' was the "Bonus Game" in all the Micro Arcade Atari Combos.