IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

2 hours ago, AnnA Ayms said:

The My Arcade Bubble Bobble "Micro Player" or "Pocket Player"? Because comparing the actual NES select screen (top) with the one in the video at response #1251 of this thread of the "Micro Player" (bottom, duh) it seems like the 2P options are hacked out.

773966228_NewBitmapImage.thumb.jpg.777648e63d08a1f9ae144e7314d2fc05.jpg

I'd also expect it to be an advertised feature on the office product pages if there was a way to link them.

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/products/bubble-bobble-micro-player

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/pocket-player/products/bubble-bobble-pocket-player

The "Pocket Player" version to my knowledge isn't out yet so maybe it will include that feature but it seems odd it isn't mentioned.

Maybe its a feature that didn't work, so its not included, and maybe they'll add it to the other cabinets.

later

On 7/23/2019 at 10:45 PM, AnnA Ayms said:

Very hard to tell/see but it looks like a 1 Missile base port variant

Someone in the Tiny Arcade Facebook (facebook, blah) group received theirs and posted pics, it is a 3 bases port but only 1 action button is used which activates the closest base. Supposedly the frame rate is smooth. Maybe during the weekend some video of it in action will be posted by an someone.

not a multi-link cable, but a multi-charge cable for myarcade:

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/products/multi-cable

DGUN-2979_Mulit-Cable_PR1_480x480.jpg?v=

$10

My Arcade Multi-Cable - USB Splitter Cable for Micro Player Mini Arcade Cabinets - 1 USB A to 4 Micro USB - Connects up to 4 Micro Players

• 5 foot long cable length
  • Perfect for displays with multiple Micro Player mini arcade cabinets
  • 1 USB A to 4 Micro USB
  • Wall power adapter not included

Do you own and display a collection of our Micro Player mini arcade cabinets? Instead of using 4 separate micro USB cables plugged into different wall adapters to power individual Micro Players, our Multi-Cable provides a single USB A cable that can plug into a wall adapter (not included) and splits into separate micro USB plugs to power up to 4 Micro Players simultaneously. This is perfect if you're looking to display your collection or want to build out a series of Micro Players without having to use up 4 power outlets. 

INCLUDES
Multi-Cable

ITEM NUMBER
DGUN-2979

later

43 minutes ago, Akito01 said:

This kinda came out of nowhere! Did we know this was going to be a thing? Was tempted to get it until I remembered I have no room on the shelf. 

20190731_213851.jpg

Yup I heard about this and another PacMan (this time it's supposed to be similar to the Ms PacMan they made).  It was mentioned by Basic Fun back in February when they were at Toy Fair.  They also showed the Mortal Kombat and PacMan in the packaging at Comic Con recently... I'm more surprised that these are showing up already and I look forward to adding it to my collection... even if I suck at the Mortal Kombat games.  

But I wonder what happened to this particular unit?  Was it engaged in a few rounds of Mortal Kombat?  It looks like it took a beating!  lol

21 hours ago, Akito01 said:

This kinda came out of nowhere! Did we know this was going to be a thing? Was tempted to get it until I remembered I have no room on the shelf. 

20190731_213851.jpg

this was mentioned a few pages ago, when we were wondering about how the buttons were

going to be configured, but it was just a tiny little portion of screenshot from a video.

later

On 7/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, AnnA Ayms said:

A video overview of the Super Impulse Micro Arcade Atari Combo.

Thanks for posting that useful video. The product is worse than I thought it would be. Sounds are just simple Arduboy beeps, graphics are small (as expected), and the hardware buttons are noisy. 

I figured the game selection was a poor fit for the hardware (analog controls needed for all 3 games, two of which were horizontal originally), but I was curious if the developers had some tricks up their sleeves. Nope. They didn't even have sleeves. 

Once again, Atari Licensing's greed has gotten ahead of their taste or intelligence. Do not want. 

• Like 1

I suspect (purely speculation) that the Super Impulse Micro Arcades aren't selling or getting the fan/community interest that the Tiny Arcades do by a significant amount. It doesn't help that the other two (Tetris and Pac-Man) were already released as Tiny Arcades (and also by other mini arcade makers). It also seems like the arcade cabinet form factor is preferred a lot more by both collectors and general consumers (novelty, and their general lower cost for starters). Also the update of their web-page https://superimpulse.com/micro-arcade/ no longer mentions these as Series one. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't continue with the Micro Arcade releases (or more accurately I'd be surprise if they do continue). Further speculation, I'm guessing the next line/series of Tiny Arcades will be based off of this Atari license (seeing that they already have it for the Micro Arcades and have/had 3 more planned).

On 8/1/2019 at 8:26 PM, AnnA Ayms said:

The genesis one I've heard/read but it sounds somewhat "hacked" as I've read the uncensored codes don't work.

Soooo... Genesis version, censored, an extra block button, and a big pic of MK3 Scorpion on the side? I'd say you get what you pay for, but half the time the expensive stuff sucks too.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, Flojomojo said:

Replicade Tempest is down to $99. Soft sales, perhaps? 

https://newwavetoys.com/products/replicade-x-tempest

I have the Tempest cab. I paid $99 on the website when I ordered it a while back.

I plan on doing a video review of Tempest and Centipede sometime shortly. They both play really well surprisingly, though the tiny controls take getting used to. I bumped the sensitivity up to maximum on both games.

I hadn't uploaded to youtube since my Mega SG unboxing video, which was cringe worthy. Had to take a hiatus for a while to deal with my midlife identity crisis. My confidence is high now so slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Later,

Alita...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

I have the Tempest cab. I paid $99 on the website when I ordered it a while back.

I plan on doing a video review of Tempest and Centipede sometime shortly. They both play really well surprisingly, though the tiny controls take getting used to. I bumped the sensitivity up to maximum on both games.

I hadn't uploaded to youtube since my Mega SG unboxing video, which was cringe worthy. Had to take a hiatus for a while to deal with my midlife identity crisis. My confidence is high now so slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Later,

Alita...?

I would love to see your future review of both of them.

I bought Tempest and I love it,I dont own Centipede yet.

I did adjust the speed of the dial some for Tempest which helped tremendously. 

Now,I will turn it up all the way,thanks for the tip!?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AnnA Ayms said:

84c0081b-f345-43fa-8828-7dc3dbfec366_1.4c9674abf490b45fa93e5d99fd763ee6.jpeg.b792265b3203e506a6a7360579af033d.jpeg

(and seeing how these are the NES roms/ports)

ok, that seems backward to me, i never had an original NES.

i had the toploader mini for awhile, but got rid of it when i got into emulation,

and i used a joystick.  looking back at it now, they had the buttons reversed too.

later