IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

I just bought 3 4-way daisy chained link cables, a Famicom converter, and the Bubble Bobble cab from Myarcadegaming.

Remains to be seen if the converters are wired properly. Some aren't, and create the same incompatibility issues with real hardware that the NOAC clones do, namely A13 and mirroring pins occasionally being jumpered in the converters, because 90% of retail carts have them jumpered like that.

6 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

I just bought 3 4-way daisy chained link cables, a Famicom converter, and the Bubble Bobble cab from Myarcadegaming.

Remains to be seen if the converters are wired properly. Some aren't, and create the same incompatibility issues with real hardware that the NOAC clones do, namely A13 and mirroring pins occasionally being jumpered in the converters, because 90% of retail carts have them jumpered like that.

I purchased 3 of those cables and in a couple days I am setting up my my arcade mini arcade of all 14 units.

I will post a pic soon!

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

I have a similar issue with the rotary knob on the Tempest Replicade. Still hella fun game though...

It's a minor problem but I really like that thing, the trouble with the Namco cab is much more severe

On 8/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, negative1 said:

Looks like they modified the bubble bobble roms to have the happy ending for 1 player;

That's actually pretty neat that they bothered

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In case it hasn't been mentioned here yet, I wanted to give a warning: Bubble Bobble 2 is very glitched on the Bubble Bobble Pocket Player. Any platforms that moved are stationary in the background for whatever reason, and the first boss doesn't scroll to the side properly (leaving Bub stuck on the righthand side). Its not COMPLETELY unplayable, but definitely very annoying.

• Confused 1

I don't even bother with those things anymore and only kept the 2 (3) in 1 unit on my desk.  But MUST BUY TMNT PINBALL.  That thing is amazing for what you get.  Skee Ball seems too neutered, we have the actual snap together foot long one from late last year at home and whack a mole I could see a child getting behind but with the d-pad it's lacking.

https://superimpulse.com/boardwalk-arcade/tmnt-electronic-pinball/

That looks like a class piece of work and I can see myself hunting that down as I love pinball and TMNT so it's too much.  Kind of curious if the board is a test bed with anything hidden in there like some others that had hidden hacked out goodies with games sharing boards.

Edited by Tanooki

On 9/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, negative1 said:

preview of skee ball, whack a mole, and mini teenage mutant turtles pinball:

later

The TMNT pinball unit looks great,I hope theymake a full line of pinball machines. 

Super Impulse has a Cracker Barrel exclusive Pacman Tabletop edition coming out soon which should be available through the regular retailers,Amazon,Walmart etc. later.

There will also be a Tabletop Ms. Pacman and Space Invaders as well. Cool stuff!?

I was checking out Basic Fun's page and I was excited to see that they are releasing a 'Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?' handheld this month! Same form factor as the 'Oregon Trail' unit released earlier. I was hoping they would do this! Oh, I also saw a reproduction Speak and Spell from them at Rural King today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simbalion said:

I was checking out Basic Fun's page and I was excited to see that they are releasing a 'Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?' handheld this month! Same form factor as the 'Oregon Trail' unit released earlier. I was hoping they would do this! Oh, I also saw a reproduction Speak and Spell from them at Rural King today.

Are they including a copy of the 1984 almanac?  :D

56 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Hey folks,the Cracker Barrel website has the mini tabletop Pacman available to order now.

They may not last too long if their exclusive Tiny Ms. Pacman/Galaga is an example of how fast they sell out.

Ordered, ugh... $30.57 with tax and shipping.

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/toys/novelty-toys/pacman-table-game/704241

...in a Taito or Nintendo style cab no less!  lol

2 hours ago, save2600 said:

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/toys/novelty-toys/pacman-table-game/704241

I might buy it, but would probably never play it.

The controls on the side are too painful to think about using.

later

That thing is for pure display / collecting. The fact that it actually can play a game is more of a novelty ? 

I mean, at this point if your desire REALLY is to sit down and enjoy playing a miniature toy game of Pac-Man, there are about 12 dozen other choices out there for you. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, save2600 said:

Yes,the shipping part does suck,so I ordered 2 units in case I love it and regret not getting a second one later. Covered!

19 hours ago, NE146 said:

That thing is for pure display / collecting. The fact that it actually can play a game is more of a novelty ? 

I mean, at this point if your desire REALLY is to sit down and enjoy playing a miniature toy game of Pac-Man, there are about 12 dozen other choices out there for you. :lol: 

If it's the same engine as the other two, continuous munching, bad ai, neutered difficulty ramp, then I don't want it.

Cute as it may be.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

If it's the same engine as the other two, continuous munching, bad ai, neutered difficulty ramp, then I don't want it.

Cute as it may be.

Yea,I really bought it because it looks so cool and i collect the tiny arcade stuff.

Playing it may suck,I will find out soon!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

Cute as it may be.

Honestly, the fact that's its playable is just an extra.

I gave up on anything this small as being accurate or playable for periods of time, they are just

for showing off in collections.

The myarcade portables and mini units are actually worthwhile for the cost.

later

1 hour ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

I may look for it next time I go to Cracker Barrel. If it's super impulse, it's gonna be janky.

The my arcade cabs actually play pretty well because they use the nes roms. Those were not perfect but they were programmed with love.?

and the namco mini compilation one uses MAME and arcade roms, and is the best out of all of them for those games, even though

there are some genesis versions on there.

later

While on a trip I bumped into a shop having a few of these micro arcades: I never saw them before and they were quite a nice surprise! Naturally, I was disappointed to realize they are the NES version instead of the original arcade (really bad for games like Karate Champ!) I *HAD* to buy something, though :P so I chose the Bubble Bobble one since, for what I could remember, the NES conversion was quite ok.

I am actually enjoying it! 

• Like 1

I was holding back on these because I already collect Tiny Arcabe,My Arcade and Basic fun Arcade Classics mini machines.

But I saw them at Bed Bath and beyond  and had coupons so I couldn't resist.

Does anyone here know if more have been released and seen in stores?

Thanks for the help!?

20191016_044225.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I was holding back on these because I already collect Tiny Arcabe,My Arcade and Basic fun Arcade Classics mini machines.

But I saw them at Bed Bath and beyond  and had coupons so I couldn't resist.

Does anyone here know if more have been released and seen in stores?

Thanks for the help!?

20191016_044225.jpg

these were reviewed awhile ago.

basically, unless you're a hardcore collector, you don't really need them.

unless you're filling out a collection.

later