IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

Basic Fun has a new game out now!  It's the colour version of Tetris... I don't recognize the rom version... all I do know is that I want it.  

Seeing as these usually come out in packs of 2 new releases, I wonder what the other new release will be.  It's always a fun time when the new releases come out and we have no real idea of what game it will be.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

Basic Fun has a new game out now!  It's the colour version of Tetris... I don't recognize the rom version... all I do know is that I want it.  

Seeing as these usually come out in packs of 2 new releases, I wonder what the other new release will be.  It's always a fun time when the new releases come out and we have no real idea of what game it will be.

any pictures or videos of it.

i'm bored with tetris, but i'm sure there will be tons of people that will get it.

later

53 minutes ago, negative1 said:

any pictures or videos of it.

i'm bored with tetris, but i'm sure there will be tons of people that will get it.

later

Saw some pics on Facebook in the BasicFun fan club page.

I'm a bit tired of the LCD Tetris because of the limited game play... pretty sad that I beat the game on my first game.  lol  Here's hoping this version is a little more interesting.

• Like 1

Anyone have a review of the My Arcade Space Invaders machine yet?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0897SHB6P/?coliid=I2J6ZZ0TL5E28Y&colid=2OITNLEKZQUYB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The one Amazon review says the screen is too dim.  I really wanted to get this due to the mirror effect with the screen.  That's one of the features from the arcade that is hard to replicate.

7 hours ago, NE146 said:

Is it a mirror with background? I was kind of assuming it was simply a drawn playfield like in the SNES version.

I got mine today!

The unit is a couple inches deeper than all the other My Arcade minis to accommodate the mirror to recreate the Arcade effect.

It really is fantastic,by far the most well made and impressive My Arcade Mini.

The controls are super as well,its worth the slightly higher than normal pricetag. 

My only knock was my collectible box it came in has a crack right on the front of it. A rather sad usual thing when you cant see it first in a store where you can bnb pick a non damaged one. I am on the fence about just accepting it or sending it back for a new box.

Yes,it does look,play and have the feel of the original Arcade version!?

8 hours ago, Noah98 said:

Anyone have a review of the My Arcade Space Invaders machine yet?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0897SHB6P/?coliid=I2J6ZZ0TL5E28Y&colid=2OITNLEKZQUYB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The one Amazon review says the screen is too dim.  I really wanted to get this due to the mirror effect with the screen.  That's one of the features from the arcade that is hard to replicate.

The screen is fine and well lit enough.

It is in  my opinion very well made and well worth purchasing. 

It really is the closest I have seen to the original Arcade one. Enjoy!?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I got mine today!

The unit is a couple inches deeper than all the other My Arcade minis to accommodate the mirror to recreate the Arcade effect.

The controls are super as well,its worth the slightly higher than normal pricetag. 

My only knock was my collectible box it came in has a crack right on the front of it. A rather sad usual thing when you cant see it first in a store where you can bnb pick a non damaged one. I am on the fence about just accepting it or sending it back for a new box.

Nice..Can you post some pics? I'd be curious to see it :)

17 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Nice..Can you post some pics? I'd be curious to see it :)

Long story,I can post more later like with the machine on.

I have surgery on my good hand today I mangled at work.

No playing any games for at least a month. I cant type well with my off hand or do much of anything. 

if you look closely at the box it looks like someone shot a bb off it.

The unit I took a side pic so you can see the depth of the machine.20200729_071013.thumb.jpg.50385228a122d670ad0d55882db53f48.jpg

20200729_070820.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.

18 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I got mine today!

Wow! I think this one will me a must-have for me then! If they are willing to go with a mirror in this unit to replicate the feel of the original Space Invaders I really wish they would explore some more of the black and white era of arcades. One of Midway's early baseball arcades would be cool to have in this form factor!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, simbalion said:

Wow! I think this one will me a must-have for me then! If they are willing to go with a mirror in this unit to replicate the feel of the original Space Invaders I really wish they would explore some more of the black and white era of arcades. One of Midway's early baseball arcades would be cool to have in this form factor!

It's very well worth the extra $5.they charge for this one.

??

I like your ideas for some other oldies too!

10 hours ago, Noah98 said:

Thanks for the info!  I might have to get this one. I hate the dpad/joystick combos on the standard units.  This has just a standard joystick and a cool screen, so I think it might be worth it, even with the higher price!

i know the US midway version better, they never had a joystick (only the Japanese ones did):

118124217158.jpg

Buttons were more precise.

later

9 hours ago, negative1 said:

i know the US midway version better, they never had a joystick (only the Japanese ones did):

118124217158.jpg

Buttons were more precise.

later

I agree, when I played Space Invaders in the arcades back in the day, it had buttons.  I would prefer that, but at least this unit doesn't have the stupid dpad like the other ones do.

1 hour ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Other than Atari Video Pinball and Cinematronics Warrior what other games could benefit from the mirror treatment in a little cab like this?

Asteroids Deluxe, Omega Race... I'm trying to think of what else used that technique...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zoyous said:

Asteroids Deluxe, Omega Race... I'm trying to think of what else used that technique...

From this awesome thread here's lists of games that did it but I confess I don't think a lot work work in a small form cabinet.

Half Silvered Mirrors
Asteroids Deluxe
Battlezone
Boot Hill
Dark Planet
Discs of Tron
Frogs (Gremlin)
Kozmik Krooz'r
Omega Race
Solar Quest
Space Invaders Deluxe
Space Tatics
Terminator 2
Varkon
Video pinball (Atari)
Warlords
Warrior
Zzzap (possible)

Many Mirrors
Sea Wolf

Mirrored for no apparent reason
Kick(man)

Used mirrors to bring screens together
Darius
Ninja Warriors
Xmen (6 player)

And some screenshots to help ...

Dog Patch

IMAGE_84B4E5A0-B2ED-4B0B-9D9D-079FA9A1F6F2.JPG

Boot Hill

16658063983_2a1f87b584_b.jpg

Asteroids Deluxe

17252328116_2b4b7cd2dd_b.jpg

280 Zzzap

14665397066_6a1894757d_b.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I didnt see it on the list or the website,but I believe Satans Hollow qualifies as using the same technique or technology with the mirror effect. 

Satan's Hollow (one of my two most played classic arcade games along with Pooyan) does not use the mirror effect. It's all in-game graphics.

• Like 2