IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Sure,but that doesnt make it right! 

I did like how Basic Fun mixed it up with Spy Hunter and Mortal Combat.

And now My Arcade is doing Contra, now that's different.

Never said that it did, I also like Spy Hunter and hope for Paperboy someday!

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, negative1 said:

contra review: wonder if people care that its actually the arcade version,

for once. when a lot of people only played the NES version.

later

Ooooh I care.  They rarely do that, other than their like big $100 systems with a mix of arcade and console sequels to those titles like the Namco one from a year back or two.  The thing is, this opens a fairly large door to some interesting potential games as this gets Konami in the open and with the vertical screen choice as well meaning either way being possible.  Perhaps next could be arcade Gradius?  Gyruss?  Who knows, but it's nice to speculate.

• Like 1

It looks like I will have to go Amazon for any of these mini arcades now as it seems our local Walmarts are dropping them from their stores. I checked out the two near me and the Basic Fun units no longer have any shelf space and the My Arcade units are down to one or two spaces. Target never did carry much, usually a few My Arcade titles and their Namco Museum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simbalion said:

It looks like I will have to go Amazon for any of these mini arcades now as it seems our local Walmarts are dropping them from their stores. I checked out the two near me and the Basic Fun units no longer have any shelf space and the My Arcade units are down to one or two spaces. Target never did carry much, usually a few My Arcade titles and their Namco Museum.

That's what I do now,order them from Amazon since you cant find them in stores. 

I was ordering from my Arcade directlybut I got a badly damaged box.

It was a bit of a pain to get it exchanged. 

They are less likely to pawn off a damaged box through Amazon I think.

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like american girl is reselling the numbskull pac-man:

https://www.americangirl.com/shop/p/courtneys-pac-man-arcade-game-grn44

(DOLL is separate):

Courtney loves going to the arcade with her friends to play video games, and PAC-MAN is one of her favorites. This gnarly arcade game has a working joystick and buttons, and plays just like the real thing from the 1980s with authentic arcade sounds, multiple levels, ghosts, and fruit. It has a built-in rechargeable battery—no quarters needed!

Cannot be shipped outside the U.S. or Canada. Shipping to Canada available only via Ground; rush shipping to Canada is not available. Cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.

later

38 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Is amazon any better. Otherwise, better to to try to find it in person.

later

Amazon wont have the boxed version I collect,those are Walmart exclusives.

But yes,whenever and if I can,for quality of the box purposes I like to find whatever I collect in person.

I tried finding it in stores and they still advertised and carried #14,the wrong one.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, negative1 said:

looks like american girl is reselling the numbskull pac-man:

https://www.americangirl.com/shop/p/courtneys-pac-man-arcade-game-grn44

(DOLL is separate):

Courtney loves going to the arcade with her friends to play video games, and PAC-MAN is one of her favorites. This gnarly arcade game has a working joystick and buttons, and plays just like the real thing from the 1980s with authentic arcade sounds, multiple levels, ghosts, and fruit. It has a built-in rechargeable battery—no quarters needed!

Cannot be shipped outside the U.S. or Canada. Shipping to Canada available only via Ground; rush shipping to Canada is not available. Cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.

later

Never knew about this one.  What's the quality on it given the $150 price tag?

7 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Amazon wont have the boxed version I collect,those are Walmart exclusives.

But yes,whenever and if I can,for quality of the box purposes I like to find whatever I collect in person.

I tried finding it in stores and they still advertised and carried #14,the wrong one.

what about ebay, i've bought a few from ebay, they were always right. and i always checked with the seller.

later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Hello Kitty Loves Pac-man is actually a new game (well technically it was originally a limited time available expansion to the official Pac-man mobile phone game); larger sprites, better frame rate, volume options, eight new levels plus the original Pac-man maze (although the game ends after that one is completed). It also saves the sound setting and high score even after the power switch has been used to turn it off and back on. (Kind of sad that is an "exciting" feature but the previous generations of Tiny Arcades didn't do it.) The game is also generous with new lives so it is very easy to complete. It is more of a high score challenge than one of survival. Many levels have more than four power pellets and the "fruit" builds up a score multiplier which can be seen on the top right of the display.

Edited by AnnA Ayms
The video link didn't show as a video just the text of the link instead previously.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AnnA Ayms said:

The Hello Kitty Loves Pac-man is actually a new game (well technically it was originally a limited time available expansion to the official Pac-man mobile phone game); larger sprites, better frame rate, volume options, eight new levels plus the original Pac-man maze (although the game ends after that one is completed). It also saves the sound setting and high score even after the power switch has been used to turn it off and back on. (Kind of sad that is an "exciting" feature but the previous generations of Tiny Arcades didn't do it.) The game is also generous with new lives so it is very easy to complete. It is more of a high score challenge than one of survival. Many levels have more than four power pellets and the "fruit" builds up a score multiplier which can be seen on the top right of the display.

Ok, looks like i have to get this one also now.

later

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, negative1 said:

not games, but i don't get it, do you have to keep buying them to get them all.

they look terrible, marble madness with joysticks, what the heck...

later

Oh yeah, ever since the gambling psychologists managed to slither out of their antechamber of hell and infiltrate the games and toys industries, you have more and more of these packaged toys where you can't tell what you're buying, and they probably make one or two super scarce so you waste a bunch of money trying to get them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoyous said:

Oh yeah, ever since the gambling psychologists managed to slither out of their antechamber of hell and infiltrate the games and toys industries, you have more and more of these packaged toys where you can't tell what you're buying, and they probably make one or two super scarce so you waste a bunch of money trying to get them.

That actually doesn't bother me, because there's always someone on amazon or ebay, that sells the whole collection, and it

will be a lot easier to just get single ones, or all of them that way.

later

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

New Wave Toys - Asteroids x Replicade. I just put in my pre-order. I don't have any of these, but was not about to pass up Asteroids.

I did too!

Apparently they added some kind of post-processing to simulate the "glow" of a vector CRT and make the shots more easily visible. Hopefully they upload a video of it soon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

New Wave Toys - Asteroids x Replicade. I just put in my pre-order. I don't have any of these, but was not about to pass up Asteroids.

I'm sorry, but the overhaul version looks terrible, with the blue moulding, and the cigarette burns.

Like i would want a crappy looking version for that much money. No thanks.

I'll stick with the arcade 1ups and their terrible controls (which can be replaced), looking forward

to the asteroids partycade.

later

• Like 1

14 hours ago, negative1 said:

I'm sorry, but the overhaul version looks terrible, with the blue moulding, and the cigarette burns.

Like i would want a crappy looking version for that much money. No thanks.

I'll stick with the arcade 1ups and their terrible controls (which can be replaced), looking forward

to the asteroids partycade.

later

I actually liked the blue trim look but the machine wear and cigarette burns look were a no go for me.

Even though I was a smoker back in the 80's I personally would have NEVER put a burning cigarette on a nice arcade machine.

I do collect and like the New Wave Toys machines so I ordered the regular,new non damaged version.

Asteroids is a game i never played much because it was frustrating to me and quarters were limited when I was a kid,so I played a lot of Pacman and Space Invaders.

The battle worn version is numbered and limited to 500 numbered units and is almost sold out,go figure!. It wouldn't have looked good next to my other units because I like to keep my stuff in collector shape.

At least now I will have a machine I can play and practice Asteroids on for hours and hopefully enjoy and get good at the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I actually liked the blue trim look but the machine wear and cigarette burns look were a no go for me.

Even though I was a smoker back in the 80's I personally would have NEVER put a burning cigarette on a nice arcade machine.

I do collect and like the New Wave Toys machines so I ordered the regular,new non damaged version.

Asteroids is a game i never played much because it was frustrating to me and quarters were limited when I was a kid,so I played a lot of Pacman and Space Invaders.

The battle worn version is numbered and limited to 500 numbered units and is almost sold out,go figure!. It wouldn't have looked good next to my other units because I like to keep my stuff in collector shape.

At least now I will have a machine I can play and practice Asteroids on for hours and hopefully enjoy and get good at the game.

Maybe people will get the damaged Asteroids, and use that as practice to restore it back to normal for fun.

These machines are not for playing with. They are for collectors that only want them for looks, and put them on a shelf.

The miniature size and controls makes it impossible to play properly.

That said, someone did manage to get the killscreen on pac-man. I'm sure their hands were damaged from all the cramping that would occur.

later