IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

36 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I thought I replied to this already,if I did my bad!

There are less expensive options such as the base unit for $169. or $299. with trackball,sd card and 10 extra games.

I  purchased the Deluxe edition because I wanted everything in one easy purchase rather than try to track stuff down later. 

Glad I had time to think about and preorder it, without it selling out before I could decide. ?

Screenshot_20210725-170509_Chrome.jpg

I agree with you, it sounds like you get a lot for what you paid. It looks pretty cool, unfortunately I have to pass. There's some other routes I'd rather go for that much money.

There's soooo many options out there today that I can't buy them all. I'm even considering canceling my Amico Founder's Edition pre-order. New things have come along and every time I look, there's something else.

I recently pre-ordered the Evercade Vs. console and I'm really looking forward to that. I splurged and went with the black Founder's Edition, but for me, I saw some real value in the Vs. console due to the cartridges. I also wanted black to match everything else I have.

More power to you though. You sound really excited for the Engret II Mini, so I'm happy to hear you were able to order one.

Also, I'm not sure if you've ordered from Playasia before or not, but they are 100% legit. I've ordered some PS4 and Dreamcast games from them in the past. Everything always came on time and in great condition.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I just get a bit sick seeing a tabletop toy clocking in at an arcade1up price point for a full sized stand up cab with the riser in some cases.

Except this has ten times as many games that I would want to play as any arcade1up release has ever had, and a much better screen than they use ;) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Except this has ten times as many games that I would want to play as any arcade1up release has ever had, and a much better screen than they use ;) 

Another plus of the Taito Egret I forgot to mention is  I will be hooking it up to a big screen T.V.

Imagine the original Space invaders on that!?

I most likely will rarely be playing any of the games on the mini unit itself. 

Except to mess with the cool rotating screen a bit!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I agree with you, it sounds like you get a lot for what you paid. It looks pretty cool, unfortunately I have to pass. There's some other routes I'd rather go for that much money.

There's soooo many options out there today that I can't buy them all. I'm even considering canceling my Amico Founder's Edition pre-order. New things have come along and every time I look, there's something else.

I recently pre-ordered the Evercade Vs. console and I'm really looking forward to that. I splurged and went with the black Founder's Edition, but for me, I saw some real value in the Vs. console due to the cartridges. I also wanted black to match everything else I have.

More power to you though. You sound really excited for the Engret II Mini, so I'm happy to hear you were able to order one.

Also, I'm not sure if you've ordered from Playasia before or not, but they are 100% legit. I've ordered some PS4 and Dreamcast games from them in the past. Everything always came on time and in great condition.

There is definitely a to-each-their-own side to collecting,and way too much out there to buy everything. 

I am going to pass on the Playdate and so far the Arduboy as well.

I did order the black Evercade VS. because that looks cool and comes with 6 cartridges.

What I did want to say to you is,dont give up your Amico Founders edition. I think you would regret that later even if the system is only a minor success. 

2600 of them only out there? That's a very low number.

I still believe it's going to do pretty well overall.?

Thanks for the great Playasia endorsement.  I have only ordered from them once and it did go well.

The Taito Egret will be used mostly on my big screen so those games should look great. Very excited for that!

• Like 2

Well well lots of replies.  I don't really care how many games it has to justify it, that price is overly high.  And given 2/3 replies I got felt the same I'm not alone.  Comparable, to a degree, Neo Geo Mini, definitely the Sega Astro City mini for sure.  Both of them what... 1/3 of the price maybe 1/4 depending?  Ouch.  I'm not knocking it over anything else, just that.  Wolfy made that price far more respectable given the rotating panel it has for the games that need it, so 169 is solid, but it's lacking, severely given almost doubling it gets 10 games and a trackball.  Some of taito's best are trackball stuff like Arkanoid.

As I said earlier, I'm really looking forward to the Evercade Vs. for most of these types of games. I messaged Evercade on Twitter suggesting mouse support for their upcoming Atari arcade cartridges. They did say it was coming in the future.

Screenshot_20210726-165917.jpg

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

As I said earlier, I'm really looking forward to the Evercade Vs. for most of these types of games. I messaged Evercade on Twitter suggesting mouse support for their upcoming Atari arcade cartridges. They did say it was coming in the future.

That will be great to see what other controllers they produce for the EvercadeVS.

A mouse or trackball would be awesome especially for Centipede and Millipede.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well well lots of replies.  I don't really care how many games it has to justify it, that price is overly high.  And given 2/3 replies I got felt the same I'm not alone.  Comparable, to a degree, Neo Geo Mini, definitely the Sega Astro City mini for sure.  Both of them what... 1/3 of the price maybe 1/4 depending?  Ouch.  I'm not knocking it over anything else, just that.  Wolfy made that price far more respectable given the rotating panel it has for the games that need it, so 169 is solid, but it's lacking, severely given almost doubling it gets 10 games and a trackball.  Some of taito's best are trackball stuff like Arkanoid.

I'm beginning to wonder if you've played any of these games.

Arkanoid NEVER had a trackball, which game was that.

Its been a spinner since the beginning of time.

later

4 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Playing those games with a mouse is a terrible way to play them.

If its not a trackball, its not worth it.

later

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

Playing those games with a mouse is a terrible way to play them.

If its not a trackball, its not worth it.

later

Actually trackball games can work quite well with a mouse. I remember Tempest and Centipede for Windows 98 worked exceptionally well. I also had a 2600 compilation on the PC that worked excellent with the mouse. Even the newer Atari compilation on Steam works better with trackball games better than the controller. I'm looking forward to it. Who knows, maybe they will even offer trackball support in the future.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, negative1 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if you've played any of these games.

Arkanoid NEVER had a trackball, which game was that.

Its been a spinner since the beginning of time.

later

No it has a spinner knob, and I have, at a few places over the years but i do realize a trackball does make a nice substitute vs a joystick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoyous said:

The trackball is like a band that everybody knows is great and should have gotten more success and acclaim. It's your favorite band's favorite band. But somehow the trackball never quite breaks through to full mainstream acceptance.

Exactly, I've been using trackballs for years on my computer, got stuck using a mouse for about a year after my last one broke, but a few months ago someone foolishly dropped off two open box kensington ones with the center aligned ball at a goodwill for $10/ea...bought both.  When the one fails, I have a back up as they're a pain to get a hold of now, and if you can they tend to get expensive.  I'm used to playing some spinner knob style games using a trackball as it works very well as you can control the rate of spin better than just the on/off switch nature of a joystick.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I've brought my first Numskull Quarter Arcade (a Ms.Pac-Man) last week at a very good price

and while trying to find something by doing some buttons configurations, i have discovered that

there is a hidden test mode which you can test all the buttons and joysticks plus the volume knob

to see if everything functions.

Here's a few pictures:

20210831_203638_HDR.jpg

20210831_203639_HDR.jpg

20210831_203705.jpg

And i have also posted a video on my Youtube channel. To learn how to access

this hidden mode, just read the text underneath the video on Youtube. ;)

Edited by slydc
adding more info
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, slydc said:

Hi folks,

I've brought my first Numskull Quarter Arcade (a Ms.Pac-Man) last week at a very good price

and while trying to find something by doing some buttons configurations, i have discovered that

there is a hidden test mode which you can test all the buttons and joysticks plus the volume knob

to see if everything functions.

Cool of you to post this, thanks ?

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, slydc said:

LOL!!! At least you know that the trick works on Ms.Pac-Man ;)

Haha, I laughed too when I posted that. I noticed how ridiculous I sounded. ?

To elaborate further...

I have one Replicade at home (Dragon's Lair) and two others pre-ordered (1943 and Qbert). I had hoped to order either the regular Pac-Man or Mrs Pac-Man Quarter Arcade several months ago, but unfortunately, both were sold out at the time. I just so happened to see that they are both available again last night. There's no way I'm paying inflated ebay prices on these. They are already expensive.

• Like 2

Good timing. I just got the Ms. Pac-man quarter arcade also. (Will be getting pac-man and galaga in a week or two).

So far its ok. The joystick is very lacking. I can usually get around 300k on a normal sized or countercade/partycade.

But on this one, i've only got to 140k or so. The joystick just doesn't respond very well.

Quarter arcade is not very good at scaling the controls down where you need precise timing and response.

Dig dug is passable, since you don't need precision timing.

I'm wary of pac-man now, because you need exact timing to do the perfect eat and scoring patterns.

These machines are good to look at, but not very good for playing long term.

My ms pac man games usually take 1-3 hours depending on how far i get.

will post some video.

later

1 hour ago, negative1 said:

the upcoming numskull lineup:

2022-2023

========================

teenage mutant ninja turtles

turtles in time

space invaders (with mirror)

space invaders deluxe [part 2]

zoo keeper

qix

elevator action

pepsi machine power charger

later

I dont own any of the Numskull quarter arcades yet,but with this list you sold me at Zookeeper. 

I have been waiting for any company to make a mini arcade of that game.

This is great news!!!??

• Like 2

I don't either, but I do have their Street Fighter II CE mini cabinet and it's shocking good for its size.  It plays right, but I have trouble adjusting decades of motions of a full sized joystick down to a twig so I can't get the fireball motions off consistently and guile style back(hold) forward tend to fare worse.

• Like 2