IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

7 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Any regrets? I didn't bother since any regular basic joystick games I can already play on my iCade Jr.

No, I just have never particularly enjoyed the 194x games and thought I could live without it. It is a really cute cab and I should give them another chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

No, I just have never particularly enjoyed the 194x games and thought I could live without it. It is a really cute cab and I should give them another chance.

I really like the look of the Replicade real wood 1942 mini cab. I just went with the 1943 version instead because I have fond memories of playing  that game in my local arcade, when I was in Junior High, with my friends. That was probably in 87-89. Back when there was a cold hard debate over which was better, the NES or the Sega Master System. I went with the Master System.

• Like 2

update on the numbskull taito releases : zookeeper, qix, elevator action,  along with space invaders and deluxe and track and field.

(and pepsi machine charger)

they are all going to be plastic from now on, to keep cost down, and will include a curved 'crt' lens on top of the led to add a curved effect.

ninja turtles and turtles in time will have 4 usb ports for external controllers also:

yes they are going up in price, but everything else is also.

so even with plastic, it will still be more.

later

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ha, I was thinking they were a bit small too, but the buttons will probably work just fine. Replicade is pretty particular with their units; especially their newer ones.

I personally am going to pass on this one though. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not a game I would play. I only have so much room for this stuff. I did however pre-order Q-bert, and I'm hoping for Millipede, Star Wars, Space Ace or Tron in the future.

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Ha, I was thinking they were a bit small too, but the buttons will probably work just fine. Replicade is pretty particular with their units; especially their newer ones.

I personally am going to pass on this one though. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not a game I would play. I only have so much room for this stuff. I did however pre-order Q-bert, and I'm hoping for Millipede, Star Wars, Space Ace or Tron in the future.

I have had issues with every replicade so far.

I doubt missile command will be any different. Once you get to the higher levels, the buttons don't respond quickly enough.

So maybe after 100k or so, it won't be effective.

I will get a qbert at some point, but still skeptical about the joystick.

later

1 hour ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

so Replicade Missile Command is (finally) announced. I seriously doubt those pokey little buttons will fire properly

FCKp0BGUUAIs0CA.jpg

I ordered the field test edition because I thought it was way cooler looking than the actual arcade version.

Same as Asteroids and Q-bert,I  only ordered 1of each of those,the regular arcade edition. 

I dont need two versions of the same game in my mini arcade,just one.

• Like 2

Some British Youtubers have uploaded videos of the Atari 2600 Tiny Arcade. This one actually shows mostly game play footage and he shows each game for a decent amount of time (well I personally would have liked to have seen more of Warlords, it looked like if he waited a few more seconds a second ball would have appeared). It pretty much is like I predicted, the Micro Arcade releases just with better sound since they are no longer confined to a piezoelectric speaker. The fact he doesn't spend half the freaking video just looking at the box and commenting like most of these Youtubers and that you can hear his repeated sighs of boredom and frustration, what is this Christmas! I was so expecting the usual B.S. "isn't this amazing! it is so small!" shit from the typical US shill reviewers of these things. This was such a breath of fresh air. Weird it was released in England first though. Maybe Super Impulse realized they already burned out most of the fans' good will in the States.

• Like 3

It’s bizarre they went with the arcade versions of everything but… PAC MAN??? At least they didn’t include the Tempest 2600 prototype.

Are these really the same as the Micro Arcade handhelds? I am quite certain that the Centipede one is the 2600 version. Don’t remember the rest.

6 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Super weird that they have mostly arcade attempts at these games but the setup is clearly a home console. Yet NOT Pacman?? And so many paddle games with a joystick controller??

Very glad the guy did the review cuz there's no way I would buy this thing. And I'm a big 2600 fanboy.

One reason I'd buy this Tiny Arcade Atari 2600 for $19.99 would be the unique home version of Pac-Man that I remember well in 1982 at 9 years old!

PS-Its box with miniature presentation are also pretty cool, but their use of arcade and paddle games which all have slow frame rate lag sucks rocks.

Edited by TrekkiELO

18 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Posted this elsewhere but here’s the pic of my nascent tiny arcade collection. What should I grab next?

F3192822-62FA-4934-8226-6EEF69A7E7D8.jpeg

I had Oregon Trail, got on my nerves as you can only get drowned, snake bitten or dysentery enough times before it's just boring laughing at the ways to die.  Carmen though, rarely used, but love it, nice fun mysteries there and it saves too which is a boon.  But the win, that middle one, the whole line of three really.  My Arcade finally delivered something fantastic with those premium models.  Space Invaders with the reflecting screen was a nice touch, as was honoring the quarter feed limit of Contra that plays great too, and well SF2CE is very nicely done, works right basically but you need to get used to the smaller stick if you have the full size burned into your memories.

18 minutes ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

I didn't know they now had a Carmen Sandiego version of this. Is that recent?

Now if only they would make a Seven Cities of Gold handheld my life would be complete.

Carmen San Diego has been out for quite a while. 

I purchased it on clearance for $13. at Target a while back.

2 hours ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

I didn't know they now had a Carmen Sandiego version of this. Is that recent?

Now if only they would make a Seven Cities of Gold handheld my life would be complete.

Along with Seven Cities of Gold, I'd also like a handheld for Heart of Africa and M.U.L.E. to complete the Ozark Softscape trilogy via Electronic Arts! ?

Edited by TrekkiELO

Possibly I'm missing sarcasm, "

On 10/25/2021 at 6:14 PM, jgkspsx said:

It’s bizarre they went with the arcade versions of everything but… PAC MAN??? At least they didn’t include the Tempest 2600 prototype.

Are these really the same as the Micro Arcade handhelds? I am quite certain that the Centipede one is the 2600 version. Don’t remember the rest.

" but in case that was a legit statement:

♫♪♬♪ One of these things is not like the other, ... ♬♪♫♪

156074.jpgtinyarcadea2600reviewcap.thumb.jpg.f77d58b6617f3894cfc3233363164fcf.jpg

microarcadereviewcap.thumb.jpg.656e7862434bba869a0c22e9793e93a3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1