IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

I'd be tempted to middle finger Williams and make that Defender, same goes if MyArcade browns out on Rolling Thunder in the NOAC style cab too. I don't buy them otherwise, have an everdrive n8 as it is and a hidefnes modded toploader. That's why I went with the 10" arcade cab for the data east stuff and will for namco too.

Well then just jump it and make your own vinyl high quality art stickers cabinet for Rolling THunder then.

Hehehe... I already removed the jumpers so if I reassebled it right now it would run Rolling Thunder, without the B button.

Also Super Impulse Tiny Arcade have the three games coming up, Frogger, Dig Dug, and Galaga. Fourth jumper = mystery surprise??? I plan to find out sooner or later. One more thing, I did buy the Space Invaders cab and the ship does not "pause" when firing bullets like Galaxian does. So really bad programming on Galaxian's part. Hopefully they fix Galaga.

post-33189-0-48812300-1530488880_thumb.jpg

How did you get the Pacman and Space Invaders arcade ROMs on the Bridge Direct monochrome LCD games?!?! :o

Another thing, is there a way to access the control panel pcbs on the Brdge Direct full color and My Arcade noac game cabs? I want to tighten the My Arcade joysticks to make them more suitable for 4-way gameplay. Basically by inserting tape under the domed bottom of clone Dpads, you raise them up making them less likely to hit accidental diagonals. Only issue, both styles of arcade cabs have screws holding the control panel pcb in place, but it is impossible to fit the screwdriver tip inside the case to unscrew them.

You could also easily modify the clover leaf 4-way on that stargate cab into a circular 8-way using a conical dremel bit, if you cold remove the joystick and pcb.

Nothing is wrong. It's using the Japanese version of the ROM. Those were Namco's official names for the monsters in Japan.

And is the marquee and artwork from Japan? No it isn't. That is the artwork Midway used when it imported the game to the US. If they wanted the software to match the cabinet, they should have used the US ROM which contains the US names. It may be nit picky to some but I find it thoughtless and it has put me off buying it.

And is the marquee and artwork from Japan? No it isn't. That is the artwork Midway used when it imported the game to the US. If they wanted the software to match the cabinet, they should have used the US ROM which contains the US names. It may be nit picky to some but I find it thoughtless and it has put me off buying it.

Great Heirophant, you of all people should appreciate the inherent nerdom of using the Japanese ROMs. I thought that real video game otakus would appreciate that.

I could handle it, it's like a Neo CD controller, which they even copied too for external use if you care to play with it over HDMI to a TV. It wasn't the buttons that angered me and kind of turned me off it, but was the cheapo way of locking 14 specific games to either build, especially when the exclusive games 1/2 of them are favorites on the JP device, and then on the US one the general selection has better variety and more to do but has quite a few unique turds like football. It's basically like do you compromise, overspend and get both to fit the hole, or hope someone hacks it and put the entire library in there is a bit F U. I guess another choice would be, get a small DIY big red cab and maybe mame4droid or something and run your own library and give them nothing. Not that I like that choice as I'd like to see SNK succeed this time and not crumble again.

I don't have a Neo Geo cabinet, so I couldn't care less. I think the mini looks great, but in red only.

I didn't say own a Neo Geo cabinet, I asked if you had ever played these games on one as they were originally released.

Were you looking to actually play the games, or were you looking for a visually interesting art piece to install on a shelf? If it's the latter, then I can understand your disappointment with the color options.

Edited by keepdreamin

Yes, I have played on a Neo Geo arcade.

One of these

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/neo-geo-mvs-arcade-cabinet-variations

Can't remember which one, it was over 20 years ago.

I don't know where you are going with this, and why. None of which you mention has any connection to my interest in the Neo Geo mini. I would have expected a mini to look similar in design to the link I posted, i.e. Red. Hence my disappointment in the choice of blue and white.

I will be still be buying one, but the red and white only.

I think perhaps the fact is not everyone is goign to be an uptight whiny ass about the button layout on the Neo Geo Mini. Sure they're not A-D in a horizontal row, but it's not like how it is doesn't render the games unplayable other than to perfectionist uptight princesses. If people spent more time playing games than bitching about how they're presented they'd be a lot happier.

The design of the cabinet is all around sound in that little device, and it allows for those who live to cry about shit to use a neo-geo CD style controller and an HDMI cable to a larger TV anyway. Taking this stuff so personally and beating it into the ground like it's some game breaking garbage is just laughable. And this is coming from someone who does own a Neo Geo stock big red cabinet and the fucks I give about the layout on the little one are none and zero. The only legit complaint I have against it is splitting exclusive games over each of them forcing someone to potentially buy both to get what they want which sucks.

People who actually care about PLAYING neo geo games are going to want good controls. They're not going to be whining about cosmetics and color choices. :roll: Next time you go to your cab, wrap your hands in duct tape and stick them in oven mitts before you play. You should be totally cool since you're not an uptight whiny ass and all.

Youre assuming the controls dont work right by eye alone. Thats why I discount any arguments from people who havent used it as complainers.

You make use of your senses, yes? If you picked up a plate of food and it smelled rotten, do you go ahead and eat it or do you pass? According to your "logic" ( :lol: ), you aren't allowed to say anything unless you wolf down the contaminated food.

Same thing with seeing things with your eyeballs. Do you put on shirts that are 5 sizes too small, or can you figure that out before actually trying them on.

If one can see a cramped, oddly organized control layout, they don't need to try it. Especially if they've been gaming for years with the properly sized, organized layout.

So again, Tanooki. Feel free to go ahead and dip your hands in wet Quikrete and then put on some ski gloves before you play your Neo cab. Remember, you can't discount it unless you've tried it, RIGHT? :dunce:

i'm dipping my toes into the water with just one game so far:

the mini arcade version of ms pac man.

i'm a huge pac-man fan, but i'm tired of the non-arcade ports, especially the NES ones,

that you can play forever, because it never gets harder, and the ghosts never stop blinking.

the ms pac man one looks decent, so might be able to play it.

-------------------------

i've played official arcade ports on a tiny phone before (it had keyboard controls, and was square

shaped, the ports were JAVA programs).

i also bought the neo geo pocket, and sega game gear portable for their arcade ports.

the neo geo pocket i bought for the arcade perfect pac-man port, and it has 4 way restrictor

for the controls also:

https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/07/06/pocket-power-pac-man/46429/

tumblr_kzok9x9tFI1qa5kxw.jpg

5898_back.jpg

90835-Pac-Man-2.png

of course, i will be getting the namco myarcade unit later this year.

will be interesting to get to the kill screen on pac-man, and seeing if other game glitches work,

and which rom revesions of dig-dug, and galaga are included.

the dig dug NES version is too easy, and you can play forever, the galaga NES port gets

too fast too quickly though.

later

Edited by negative1

Dreamin you're dreamin, it's just an excuse mill by you and others of your type that pass judgement on something without having it in front of you to feel it. You can't compare the stank of rotten decaying food to basic buttons and play. It will either work or not. I really don't want to keep going in circles on this so well get the last word if that will make you feel better about yourself. There's nothing properly sized about any of it, it's a mini arcade so it's not going to have a comfortable full sized stick or any buttons, this thing is like myarcade/arcade classics sized stuff.

negative -- good point on that, and the ngpc game is really fantastic having done a solid job on that conversion. Crush Roller also works excellent using that ring too. I wish i still had that little piece of plastic.