IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

Not that I really care (actually, it's because of stuff like this that makes me not care as I'll never purchase these things), but on games like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Q*bert, Frogger, etc... they really should be putting the joysticks in the middle. It's the little things that make a big difference. Going out of your way to replicate artwork, cabinet, emulation (though typically half-assed), etc., yet the joystick is on the left? Pffft.

Probably done that way by design to appease the Nintendo thumbpad generation, but that there deserves another pfffft. :lol:

I agree it's all about the D-Pad comfort.

Maybe we could just re-drill a hole and move the stick over (but it would leave a gap).

later

I just played the My Arcade Dig Dug and the problem with the stick if it were in the middle is,while you play your hand would partially block the view of the screen while playing.

I like where it is for viewing purposes!

I hope the new line of My Arcades are distributed thru Walmart again for $25.,much better than the price tag of $35. when ordering from the website.

Pretty darn good machines for the price I think. :thumbsup:

finally, the elusive Namco Multi portable, slated for an August 19th release in Europe/UK, for UKP 120 = $150

which is expensive, but still worth it for arcade ports.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Museum-Mini-Arcade-Electronic/dp/B07L3YYPZN/ref=pd_sim_63_3/261-9002661-5608764?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07L3YYPZN&pd_rd_r=f6079dd6-714f-11e9-9c07-456f1e30d3e2&pd_rd_w=4iGWQ&pd_rd_wg=ygdVC&pf_rd_p=1b8636ae-4f21-4403-a813-e8849dd46de4&pf_rd_r=9H0VN72NZ3PP3333ZHM3&psc=1&refRID=9H0VN72NZ3PP3333ZHM3

81nJozSaKdL._SL1500_.jpg

81wbZp9m8%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

81k9IRV4XzL._SL1500_.jpg

71R%2BidL1RJL._SL1500_.jpg

71UnzwSMzRL._SL1500_.jpg

611NVolihyL._SL1500_.jpg

it runs MAME, so it should be easy to mod.

later

• Like 1

Centipede is much worse. If you don't patch it, the battery drains and dies out no matter if you turn it off or not.

It needs a firmware patch.

later

how do I fix mine? Battery lasts maybe 24 hours until dead again if I juice it up before unplugging it. And that is not actually playing it.

Not that I really care (actually, it's because of stuff like this that makes me not care as I'll never purchase these things), but on games like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Q*bert, Frogger, etc... they really should be putting the joysticks in the middle. It's the little things that make a big difference. Going out of your way to replicate artwork, cabinet, emulation (though typically half-assed), etc., yet the joystick is on the left? Pffft.

Probably done that way by design to appease the Nintendo thumbpad generation, but that there deserves another pfffft. :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 5.53.07 PM.png

This could have been great if they'd done the Tengen version. Add the A button for the boost and hack the menu to eliminate 2 player option.

I may still get it though. Also they should have used a pink bezel plastic to complement the yellow Pacman cab.

i'm not sure if this mini atari console has mentioned before:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QPBJ183/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=funstock-21&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07QPBJ183&linkId=cda124824df201e9bab8b56cacc201c6

only in the uk so far, for august:

Yea,that looks cool. I love the box art for the Pong one!81-DQzCwMlL._SL1500_.jpg

later

finally, the elusive Namco Multi portable, slated for an August 19th release in Europe/UK, for UKP 120 = $150

which is expensive, but still worth it for arcade ports.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Museum-Mini-Arcade-Electronic/dp/B07L3YYPZN/ref=pd_sim_63_3/261-9002661-5608764?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07L3YYPZN&pd_rd_r=f6079dd6-714f-11e9-9c07-456f1e30d3e2&pd_rd_w=4iGWQ&pd_rd_wg=ygdVC&pf_rd_p=1b8636ae-4f21-4403-a813-e8849dd46de4&pf_rd_r=9H0VN72NZ3PP3333ZHM3&psc=1&refRID=9H0VN72NZ3PP3333ZHM3

81nJozSaKdL._SL1500_.jpg

81wbZp9m8%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

81k9IRV4XzL._SL1500_.jpg

71R%2BidL1RJL._SL1500_.jpg

71UnzwSMzRL._SL1500_.jpg

611NVolihyL._SL1500_.jpg

it runs MAME, so it should be easy to mod.

later

This should be great and if anyone wants to avoid the single game mini players this is a great solution to that!

The Data East one is very nice so this should be as well.

Thank you.

In other news, my Arduboy units arrived.?

post-33189-0-35265400-1557376754_thumb.jpg

The tetris game is really slick. Very well designed. Infinite rotation on high levels, and I did pull off a two line Tspin earlier, gave a boatload of points. I realized T-spin was essentially broken in the lcd basic fun arcade, allowing the score almost every time it dropped a tpiece by rotating any orientation in the slot. T spin requires three corner to be occupied which the basic fun monochrome lcd unit doesn't adhere to. I think if you can overlook the monochrome display and monotone chirps, the Microcard tetris is worlds better quality than the other tiny arcade version based upon the reviews. The speakers on those things were atrocious!

The Sirene mermaid game on the game boy is really fun too. I can't wait to see some of the others people created. These are solid devices and hold charge out of the box. I haven't plugged mine in yet...

• Like 1

just checking back on the myplayer units.

it looks like some are just pre-orders, and not shipping yet.

the galaga unit comes out may 28th.

no updates on any of the other 3 units that were supposed to be

coming out this month.

later

Edited by negative1

just checking back on the myplayer units.

it looks like some are just pre-orders, and not shipping yet.

the galaga unit comes out may 28th.

no updates on any of the other 3 units that were supposed to be

coming out this month.

later

I gotta say My Arcade has been kinda weird on these.

First all 4 mini units and 4 pocket players were due out in April then pushed to May.

Now only 1 of each is up for preorder and no word yet on the release of the rest.

Gotta wait and see I guess!

myarcade update:

Elevator Action is now on pre-order sale:

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/mini-arcades/products/elevator-action-micro-player

DGUNL-3240-Micro-Player_PR1_large.png

Ms. pac-man is also ready for pre-order:

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/mini-arcades/products/ms-pac-man-micro-player

DGUNL-3230-Micro-Player_PR1_480x480.png

*UPDATE, thanks for the correction, yeah ms pac-man

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 2

myarcade update:

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/mini-arcades/products/elevator-action-micro-player

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/mini-arcades/products/ms-pac-man-micro-player

later

just placed my order,thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

myarcade update:

later

i got a ship notiication yesterday on the ms pacman...

Is that really the NES Ms Pac Man? If it is then Tengen and Namco put out different games as that doesn't look like the black cart I own. Sky Kid and Mappy appear to more likely be their NES/FC counterparts though. For all we know for certain is nothing, but they could just be copycats newly done up, source ports but changed, or just oddly emulated.

Is that really the NES Ms Pac Man? If it is then Tengen and Namco put out different games as that doesn't look like the black cart I own. Sky Kid and Mappy appear to more likely be their NES/FC counterparts though. For all we know for certain is nothing, but they could just be copycats newly done up, source ports but changed, or just oddly emulated.

I prefer the arcade version, but the NES Namco version is super challenging. It's one of the hardest versions

out there, and has 4 new mazes (the 4 on the bottom):

53558.png

later

• Like 1