IGNORED

How long will an atari 2600 stay at this price?

AskewTV

Why bother with real consoles when you can go the emulation route for free..

Nostalgia. I have practically all the Atari games on my Ouya - makes a perfect retro game system - and I am now pricing 2600 consoles on ebay. Yuck, overpriced for broken "not tested" consoles. Plus you can only play paddle games on a real console, at least until they start making Bluetooth paddle controllers for emulators.

US Copyright law is unconstitutional, and therefore illegal.

Do you have a link or reference to the Court decision that made this decision? I assume that it was a lower court, and so there will be an appeal.

I am considered the copyright "expert" for my organization, and I yet somehow managed to miss this important development.

The federal judiciary is not final say on what is constitutional, nor does it have the constitutional authority to rule on the constitutionality of acts of Congress.

"Intellectual property" does not exist. It is a legal fiction. This legal fiction is included in the US Constitution to encourage a steady flow of innovations in arts and sciences into the public domain by giving innovators a monopoly for a limited time. Current copyright law is not a limited time within the scope of that constitutional clause. Everything from before about 1985 should be in the public domain.

To go back to emulation, emulation itself is 100% legal regardless of your opinion of the above. The question is that of ROMs. I'll answer that making use of ROMs for which you own an "authorized" copy is legal even under the current unconstitutional regime.

If you are concerned, I would buy another one right now and store it away. I finally found another Dreamcast that wasn't a totally crazy price and stored it away, just in case the first one dies, which it probably will...

He is 13 years old and therefore likely doesn't have the funds to buy doubles of things. Besides, now that he has an Atari any extra money he gets would have to go towards spoiling all his new girlfriends.

• Like 1

He is 13 years old and therefore likely doesn't have the funds to buy doubles of things. Besides, now that he has an Atari any extra money he gets would have to go towards spoiling all his new girlfriends.

Thirteen? Excellent! Congratulations on your first Atari AskewTV. It warms my heart when someone your age discovers Atari. May it work, trouble free for many years to come. :)

• Like 3

Thirteen? Excellent! Congratulations on your first Atari AskewTV. It warms my heart when someone your age discovers Atari. May it work, trouble free for many years to come. :)

Thanks! ;)

I hope prices stay the same for the next few years so I can continue to afford cib 2600 games. Then in about 25 years they go sky high, so I can sell them for a tidy profit before I retire. Sounds like a rule of Acquisition. As long as I don't let my kids get in the way of my profits.

6d1afdbb44521eef7a1fad61d0b518ca.jpg

Edited by adamchevy