IGNORED

Is Iron Soldier as good as the cover looks?

Buyatari

Now that is all anyone has to say ! Destroying an entire city sounds right up my alley. Last game I did that with was with the Destroy All Humans series. While many dislike the series I really enjoyed them perhaps for this very reason.

I don't have a CD unit right now. Not sure that I ever had one now that I think about it. Still I have a feeling that I will pick one up to play Iron Soldier II assuming everything goes as planned.

As for Iron Soldier 3 ehh not as much interest but if I do play it then it will be on the PS1. I'm not buying a Nuon.

Great to hear. If you ever decide to pick up a JagCD, World Tour Racing is my favorite Jag game though some do not like it due to dips in framerate which is understandable and IS2 is simply fantastic in my opinion. IS3 on NUON is pretty good though I wish the Jag had been successful enough to have been supported long enough to get a version. I wonder what that would have looked like! Lol!

Great to hear. If you ever decide to pick up a JagCD, World Tour Racing is my favorite Jag game though some do not like it due to dips in framerate which is understandable and IS2 is simply fantastic in my opinion. IS3 on NUON is pretty good though I wish the Jag had been successful enough to have been supported long enough to get a version. I wonder what that would have looked like! Lol!

Just took a look at Jag CD add on prices.... HOLY CRAP they haven't always been so expensive have they?

Still knowing most people consider it in the top 10 of Jag games is a good sign. Of all the Atari systems I have the least experience with the Jag. I've played 3 games ever if that on the system.Not because I've avoided it so much but it isn't common and often all I get is a red screen on the systems I did find. Somewhere I have a boxed system so hopefully it works fine. The game is cheap so I'm going to buy one and try this. In truth I would be ok with an ok game I just didn't want it to be unplayable put a bad taste in my mouth Adventurevision bad.

If you get a lot of red screens the cartridge slot most likely needs cleaning. A store loyalty card with a cloth stretched over it along with a bit of rubbing alcohol tends to do the trick. The cartridges should be cleaned as well.

Another world? They released another world for Jaguar?

The same game from Sega Genesis or something else?

It was released before the spate of releases for modern consoles and PC. It even has the upgraded graphics (you can toggle between old and new.) I played through it and it's a really good port.

Just took a look at Jag CD add on prices.... HOLY CRAP they haven't always been so expensive have they?

You can get Iron Soldier 2 on cartridge. It's not cheap like Iron Soldier though. The game is an upgrade pretty much all around. Songbird has it in stock: http://www.songbird-productions.com/catalog.shtml

• Like 3

If you get a lot of red screens the cartridge slot most likely needs cleaning. A store loyalty card with a cloth stretched over it along with a bit of rubbing alcohol tends to do the trick. The cartridges should be cleaned as well.

It was released before the spate of releases for modern consoles and PC. It even has the upgraded graphics (you can toggle between old and new.) I played through it and it's a really good port.

You can get Iron Soldier 2 on cartridge. It's not cheap like Iron Soldier though. The game is an upgrade pretty much all around. Songbird has it in stock: http://www.songbird-productions.com/catalog.shtml

Thanks for the help here. If there is a cart option then I'll most likely skip the Jag Cd seeing as they are selling for 800 bucks.

Looks like I have to pick up a few games now.

Is there a recommended site for AV cords?

Looks like I need one of those.

My opinion on Iron Soldier: is one of the best games for the Black Kitty,good graphics with a smooth framerate,good music,GREAT use of the Jaguar controller,Very Good gameplay,good dificulty curve,overall a great package. My only minor complain is the use of limited continues instead of unlimited continues.

By the way,how did you stumble across those posters of IS and Ruiner Pinball,considering that finding Jaguar-related merchandise is HARD?

Edited by KidGameR186496

My opinion on Iron Soldier: is one of the best games for the Black Kitty,good graphics with a smooth framerate,good music,GREAT use of the Jaguar controller,Very Good gameplay,good dificulty curve,overall a great package. My only minor complain is the use of limited continues instead of unlimited continues.

By the way,how did you stumble across those posters of IS and Ruiner Pinball,considering that finding Jaguar-related merchandise is HARD?

These are not posters. They are the hand painted original paintings.

It is what I collect these days. Years ago I chanced across a seller selling 2 paintings on ebay for NES games. I bought them and then I got hooked. Now I collect paintings for all video game systems even some arcade and PC games.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help here. If there is a cart option then I'll most likely skip the Jag Cd seeing as they are selling for 800 bucks.

Looks like I have to pick up a few games now.

Is there a recommended site for AV cords?

Looks like I need one of those.

Definitely cheaper to get the cart version of IS2 if you can as it will be much cheaper. I didn't realize Carl still sold them or I would have put that it was still available in my earlier post where I mentioned it. Thanks Hyper_Eye for pointing that out. I have the cart version but do not play it as I prefer having the awesome music in the CD version. The cart version has the FMV and music taken out. I don't really care about the FMV, but I love the music in IS2.

Edited by JaguarGod
  • Like 1

These are not posters. They are the hand painted original paintings.

It is what I collect these days. Years ago I chanced across a seller selling 2 paintings on ebay for NES games. I bought them and then I got hooked. Now I collect paintings for all video game systems even some arcade and PC games.

that's awesome,there is more of those for the jaguar?

Jag CD is just about the worst ratio of money spent to quality that I can imagine. Bleccccch.

Quite true, unless you can find a good deal from a forum member or someone who is selling a "broken" one that most likely just needs a proper cleaning or at worst a new laser. Or if you really want to play a bunch of the cool homebrew stuff that's been released lately. Otherwise there isn't much fun to be had at the price point.

I've owned this original painting for around 10 years now and it is one of my favorite Atari items.

Honestly, I've never played the game but the cover image for this one is just so awesome it can not be ignored.

I'm afraid to play it at this point for fear it won't live up to the awesomeness of the cover image.

So speak up Jag fans. Do I have anything to fear? I haven't even looked at Youtube video footage for fear it will ruin things for me.

It's one of the few Jaguar games where the actual game has a higher frame rate than the poster. Make of that what you will ;)

• Like 2

I guess it's appropriate that this guy's username isn't "Playatari". Kinda shows where his priorities are.

Spend your way to fandom, dude.

Well I was too old for the Jaguar when it came out. The 2600 was the system I grew up with.

I've played quite a bit of the 2600. Atari 800 too. I played even more Atari 800 games.

These days I don't have a lot of time to play games like I used to.

I sold many of the games I never played and used that to purchase the artwork. Which can get really darn expensive.

It was a decision I don't regret.

I've had this name tag for a long time and sometimes your priorities will change. I've been collecting since the mid 1990s but I've slowed down A LOT.

If I had to name myself today I think it would say something about video game art. I've been able to track down and purchase hundreds of paintings covering many game systems from PC to TI99 to Atari and even newer systems like the Xbox etc.

Lately I've been taking a second look at the Jaguar in part because up till now I've mostly ignored it. it just wasn't a system with childhood memories attached to it.

Yeah owning some of the artwork has been another reason for that I think. Is that a bad thing?

Anyway. Here is one just for you.

bubsy.jpg

Edited by Buyatari
  • Like 2

Well I was too old for the Jaguar when it came out. The 2600 was the system I grew up with.

I've played quite a bit of the 2600. Atari 800 too. I played even more Atari 800 games.

These days I don't have a lot of time to play games like I used to.

I sold many of the games I never played and used that to purchase the artwork. Which can get really darn expensive.

It was a decision I don't regret.

I've had this name tag for a long time and sometimes your priorities will change. I've been collecting since the mid 1990s but I've slowed down A LOT.

If I had to name myself today I think it would say something about video game art. I've been able to track down and purchase hundreds of paintings covering many game systems from PC to TI99 to Atari and even newer systems like the Xbox etc.

Lately I've been taking a second look at the Jaguar in part because up till now I've mostly ignored it. it just wasn't a system with childhood memories attached to it.

Yeah owning some of the artwork has been another reason for that I think. Is that a bad thing?

Anyway. Here is one just for you.

bubsy.jpg

I would faint of joy if you somehow have a Rayman painting in your collection.