IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

• 3 weeks later...
The first video of 2017 is here. Battle of the Ports - Mr. Do!
NOTE - The Amiga and Atari ST versions of Mr. Do! are not based upon the original arcade game which is why they are not featured on this video. The same goes for the Neo Geo remake. It's a different game.
Versions of Mr. Do! that should have been featured on this video but are sadly not include the Fujitsu FM7, PC98 and the Tomy Pyudai system.
The Wii virtual Console version is not considered for this video as it's nothing more than an emulation of the arcade version.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
NOTE: I've been having some major issues with my capture and editing PC recently. My normal software for editing Battle of the Ports, TraxaxPC decided it wanted to be registered again. Problem is that TraxAx is no longer on-line so I can't get the reg' code validated. Meaning I have software that's of no use now. Thanks to stupid digital media.

So I moved on to Sony Vegas Pro but that kept crashing during editing then kept freezing every time I tried to render the video.

I ended up editing the show again for the 3rd time on some crappy software known as VideoPad Video Editor. It really is rubbish. I couldn't even alter volume tracks and the way it works is so counter-intuitive. It's horrible software. Anyway, that's why this show was late and looks cheaply edited. Oh, and no scrolling text bar either :(

Time Code

00:11 - Arcade

02:21 - Apple ][

03:59 - MD Dos

05:52 - Famicom / NES

08:28 - All versions side by side

Enjoy!

Edited by Yakumo1975
  • Like 2

The CCs make up for the lack of the scroll. xD

Yeah, I was wondering when Mark was gonna start using YouTube's CC to bring back the subtitles and it looks like he's getting the hang of using Sony Vegas. Keep up the good work on those awesome videos... :)

The CCs make up for the lack of the scroll. xD

Thanks :) I may go back and add CC to the other videos lacking the scroll bar. I have the scripts so it's just a case of timing them.

Yeah, I was wondering when Mark was gonna start using YouTube's CC to bring back the subtitles and it looks like he's getting the hang of using Sony Vegas. Keep up the good work on those awesome videos... :)

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of Vegas now. Still wanting to know how to do more effects with it but that will come with time I guess. I'm glad people are liking the CC via YouTube.

New video out today, the $5 dollar NES / Famicom handheld

Something I've wondered: On the PCE/TG-16 Fardraut version, what do the letters that look like powerups do? They don't seem to actually be powerups or add to the score unless I've missed something.

And I think they look like Gauntlet ghosts, too. Although I didn't realize it until you said it. I had described them as flying scorpions. lol

Something I've wondered: On the PCE/TG-16 Fardraut version, what do the letters that look like powerups do? They don't seem to actually be powerups or add to the score unless I've missed something.

And I think they look like Gauntlet ghosts, too. Although I didn't realize it until you said it. I had described them as flying scorpions. lol

You know, I have no idea. I think they're only for points although I haven't paid much attention.

Hehe, Flying scorpions is a good way to describe those things but to be they're defiantly Gauntlet ghosts :D

People have been asking about this one for a while now so here it is :)
Battle of the ports - Rampage

• Like 1

It's time for a true classic from Sega's early 80's timeline
[video=youtube;lZWkabEPPeM]

Watched this one last night. As always, nice work!!! It brought back a lot of early memories of playing Zaxxon on the Colecovision when I was VERY young. It also makes me want to grab the 2600 version and the SMS 3D version with the glasses.

I'll have to reecord footage of the 128k Apple ][ version of Zaxxon with the Mockingboard enabled. Also, I gotta compile some additional info on the Amiga versions (yup, one for OCS/ECS and one for AGA) and show that Mark should be thankful he had no audio in the DOS port.. thank you, Rozner Labs.. >.<

Just wanted to say I enjoy the channel, particularly Battle of the Ports. Can I also say that I've used Segagaga Domain's resources for figuring out what Japanese Saturn games to buy for years... thanks for that, as well!

Thanks man. Sadly I can't work on Segagaga Domain any more due to time constraints but I am keeping it online for anyone that wants to reference Saturn games.

• Like 1