IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

Haha, you're sounding like AVGN especially during the crappy handheld versions... :grin:

Best version of MK3 I've seen was the PC port of course. The DOS version couldn't even run under Windows 95 due to timing issues so I guess that's why they came out with a native Win95 one,

Disclaimer: I'm more of a Street Fighter player than a MK one.

I've never been a fighting game fan. First, I just don't feel like there's much depth to them... second... I suck at them...

But I did rent MK3... or maybe it was MK Trilogy? Anyway, I remember renting it for the Playstation for the sole reason that I found a list of codes to see all the fatalities and brutalities and babalities and whatever-else-ities...

Other than that, no... not for me.

MK Trilogy is my favorite version of MK3.

For what it's worth, yes, I'm big on fighters, and the first game I owned was the GB version of MK2. Also for what it's worth I invariably used Chun Li in SF2, Nakoruru in Samurai Shodown, and tended to go with some variation on Mai Shiranui-Yuri Sakazaki-Kasumi Todo in KOF games. :P

I've always been a Capcom/SNK guy, and never got into the MK games as much as I did with SFII, KoF, etc. That said, I used to rent MK3 all the time for the Genesis back in the day. There was something about that game that made me want to actually play it. I still fire the Genesis version up every once in a while and remind myself how much I hate the command system in the MK games. :lol:

• Like 1

Haha, you're sounding like AVGN especially during the crappy handheld versions... :grin:

Best version of MK3 I've seen was the PC port of course. The DOS version couldn't even run under Windows 95 due to timing issues so I guess that's why they came out with a native Win95 one,

Disclaimer: I'm more of a Street Fighter player than a MK one.

I just can't stand Mortal Kombat every since it was released. Compared even to the first Street Fighter 2 MK3 is a mess IMO.

I've never been a fighting game fan. First, I just don't feel like there's much depth to them... second... I suck at them...

But I did rent MK3... or maybe it was MK Trilogy? Anyway, I remember renting it for the Playstation for the sole reason that I found a list of codes to see all the fatalities and brutalities and babalities and whatever-else-ities...

Other than that, no... not for me.

Fighting games can have depth if you're willing to learn all t he moves but for me they're just about a bit of fun.

MK Trilogy is my favorite version of MK3.

For what it's worth, yes, I'm big on fighters, and the first game I owned was the GB version of MK2. Also for what it's worth I invariably used Chun Li in SF2, Nakoruru in Samurai Shodown, and tended to go with some variation on Mai Shiranui-Yuri Sakazaki-Kasumi Todo in KOF games. :P

Nothing wrong with using Mai or Chun Li :D Use Mai quite a bit myself.

I've always been a Capcom/SNK guy, and never got into the MK games as much as I did with SFII, KoF, etc. That said, I used to rent MK3 all the time for the Genesis back in the day. There was something about that game that made me want to actually play it. I still fire the Genesis version up every once in a while and remind myself how much I hate the command system in the MK games. :lol:

Quoted just because that's how I feel :D

This week on Battle of the Ports we have a puzzle game.

i am loving these videos- they have wiled away many breaks now at work for me :)

Hehe, nice. Glad I could make dull break times more exciting. :D

よ!日本一 </Mai>

err, yes. Nihon Ichi indeed :)

I think the SMS port of Columns is really underrated. I'd rather play it than the Genesis version. Love the PSG soundtrack and the options to change the jewels into fruit or card suits.

I have to confess to never actually playing the Master System port before making this video. It was rather good from what I played.

This week's video seen Jaleco make a shooter that is actually rather good.