IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

Only ever played the C64 version and that was bad enough to put me off trying it on the ST or anything else

you've actually played the best port so you're very lucky not to have played the others :)

This week on Battle of the Ports we are going to take a look at one of the earlier cart racers which first appeared on the Super Nintendo. This is Street Racer.

• Like 2

I could never get into Street Racer. I thought the tracks were way too short, you can finish a lap in way less time than Mario Kart. The opponent AI is weird. Everyone says bunched together, making overtaking other racers really difficult. It's one of those games where you need to get in first place ASAP and keep it for the duration of the race. Depending on the version, the game looks really nice, but this is one of those examples where Euro devs made a game that looked cool but didn't design the game itself very well.

With all the drama in a certain A8 based thread,about plagiarism, people tend to forget just how rampant it was music wise on the C64

Rob Hubbard stealing 2 Synergy tracks for Master Of Magic and Zoids. .

Trans X for Commando loading music

Then Cabaret Voltaire for I,Ball.

Jean-Michel Jarre ripped off by Hubbard and others on C64.

Never made the connection with C64 Turrican title music and Transformers Animated Movie soundtrack until you pointed it out.

Great spot

Nice to see you covering non Arcade titles these days as well

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

Yesterday was a lovely Saturday. Not too hot and nice blue skies. Should have been a great day but...... I had to go to the office to finish up some loose ends.

Join me as we ride the bike to the train station, see the city, take a look at one of those Pachinko places and end at a Japanese grave yard located in a residential area.

Filmed using a GoPro Hero 7 Black. The video was originally recorded at 2.7k at 60fps. Unfortunately I couldn't get the same great quality to appear on YouTube.

Then Cabaret Voltaire for I,Ball.

In regards to that, Hubbard was asked by the programmer to compose his title track in that schema... so he mashed up a couple of CV tracks as the result, and how well it came out...

• Like 1

In regards to that, Hubbard was asked by the programmer to compose his title track in that schema... so he mashed up a couple of CV tracks as the result, and how well it came out...

☺ I have made clear in the SID Vs POKEY thread in the case of I, Ball he was asked to cover 2 tracks by Cabaret Voltaire.

As for :Zoids, Master Of Magic, Delta In-Game, Chain Reaction, I.K, Commando loading music...

I assume these are direct "influenced by" tracks of Hubbard's?

On 6/15/2019 at 2:10 AM, Eltigro said:

Man, I was really hoping that R-Zone port would be great!  lol jk

hahaha, it would have been something if it had been.

Two new Life in japan videos today.

Down at the game store selling my son's game. You actually get to hear me speaking Japanese in this video (Subtitled in English)

And the second video is of us getting a haircut down at the typical Japanese barber shop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Thanks dj_convoy.   I was out walking for about 2 hours.  Glad you enjoyed the video.

Love Capcom?  Love old Capcom?  Well you may just love this.

? Spotted slight slip up at start of video.

Amiga version coded by Probe, published by US Gold on the Go! Label, not other way around.

As for game itself, up there with Last Duel etc, too mediocre to warrant much playtime from myself back in the day.