IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

The Valis games, no matter the 16 bit console, or the PC Engine CD/Turbographx 16, are all extremely pricey, or pretty high in price compared to when I got all 3 Genesis, and #4 on SFC a matter of years ago. I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for any of them, now they go anywhere from $50, to well over $200.

7 hours ago, Bloodreign said:

The Valis games, no matter the 16 bit console, or the PC Engine CD/Turbographx 16, are all extremely pricey, or pretty high in price compared to when I got all 3 Genesis, and #4 on SFC a matter of years ago. I don't think I ever paid more than $20 for any of them, now they go anywhere from $50, to well over $200.

In Japan the Mega drive games are still fairly cheap.  The PC Engine ones are expensive though.

Received a mystery box from Printer Boy, yesterday.

The Syd Valis port's music is atrocious haha.

Most of the musics in the PCE port of Valis 2 are pretty good, the play controls are decent and fun, and the game's atmosphere is dark and brooding (something that makes Syd Valis really out of place). I was excited when I found out about the NEC-PC/MSX2/X68k ports, but wow.. most levels look horrible (color choice and design-wise)! And what's up with the flying stages??? I'm glad they changed the game for PCE CD.

Edited by turboxray

On 12/27/2020 at 9:16 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

During the last video, many people asked about the Revo VS the DS Lite and if the Revo could play GB and GBC cart. Let's take a look.

https://youtu.be/eDTYhWV6vxA

A good video for die hard fans of the GBA.  Definitely the Revo is a good little handheld I think.  While I think the Revo is better for playing GBA, it is still nice that the DS Lite (and OG DS for that matter) can play GBA carts.  Still, it is nice to know that there are plenty of options for playing various retro handhelds.

• Like 1

Great, now I know that Valis X exists.  Talk about sullying the good name of a series.  Why on earth did they ever allow that?  It would be like if the last game Sega made was a Sonic erotic visual novel (which probably exists somewhere).  Weird.

3 hours ago, turboxray said:

'Battle' might be a bit of an over exaggeration. More like preview haha. 

haha, true but I can't change the name of the show for this one video.

New video up today.  Crazy weather we are having.  The likes of we haven't had in about 15 years in this part of Japan.  -6 on the day of filming so let's go out and talk about how I ended up in Japan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...