IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

I never saw the original Gauntlet in the arcades back in the day, just Gauntlet II so that's the version I'm used to.  I don't think it's a bad, just more of an expansion pack than a full new game, but if it's not broke then don't fix it I guess.  My friend had a hacked version of this for the PC that renamed the characters to things like Love God, Whore, Hippie, and the elf to err... something I'm not going to say here.  IT became AIDS and I think they did something to Death as well.  The treasure chests became a well known part of the female anatomy for which this hacked version was renamed.  It was all very crude and crass, but to two ten year olds we thought it was the funniest thing we'd ever seen.  I wonder if that version was ever preserved?

The other day the missus and I took a trip up to Hagi. What's Hagi? Well, it's a very historical place plus has a load of national heritage. So we decided to drive up there and check it out. When in to houses that were built around 1890 and a school too. Although, that still looks quite modern. Curry, beer and some amazing looking fish based course are all to see. Oh, and some culture.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Battle of the Ports is back this week wit a really crappy game that was rated quite highly by the Amiga press.  Is it really that bad?  Let's take a look.

Now I know why there's three different regional versions on the SNES...all crap of course.

• Haha 1

I never knew there was a Lynx version.  Are there pictures of it running?  I've seen the Genesis proto and it looks just as 'meh' as the rest of them.  Hard to believe the 3DO had the best version of a game, what is the world coming to?

• 2 weeks later...

Coming a little earlier this week since I missed last week.
Battle of the Ports, Terra Cresta.  A classic from Nichibutsu.   What do you mean you've never heard of Nichibutsu?  Maybe you know them by Nihonbusan?  No?  Sadly they made a lot of crap but also many great classics.

Edited by Yakumo1975