IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

On 8/25/2021 at 11:58 PM, SlidellMan said:

Hey, did you get that E-mail I sent you? Anyways, is Shin Megami Tensei and its numerous ports on your list, or would that be too much of an endeavor?

Sorry man, I get hundreds of mails so you'll have to be a bit more specific than "Did I get your mail?".

As for the Shin Megami Tensei games, one will appear on Battle of the ports at some point.

This week a game many love on Battle of the Ports

On 9/4/2021 at 6:34 PM, Lostdragon said:

The myth possibly born from the supposed dummy cabinet Taito had running this? 

Just had a PC Engine inside? 

I'm not a huge fan of this one and the ST Port was over ambitious and suffered for it. 

Very possible.  That and a language barrier for sure. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Lostdragon said:

The myth possibly born from the supposed dummy cabinet Taito had running this? 

Just had a PC Engine inside? 

I'm not a huge fan of this one and the ST Port was over ambitious and suffered for it. 

My favourite story regarding Parasol Stars relates to the C-64 version. The story was at the time, the programmer had suffered a break-in, they'd taken all his drives and backup discs, and work was too far along to start again.

In actual fact, him and his wife were mid-separation, and she smashed all his stuff up in a fit of rage while blind drunk. Oops.

• Sad 2

On 9/11/2021 at 12:56 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

classic Atari arcade action this week on Battle of the Ports wit their 3D helicopter action sim.

One of my local arcades had a Steel Talons cabinet. You mentioned that when the player was hit, a speaker in the cab would bang loudly. I remember walking in there one time and someone playing got hit. The speaker on the back of the cab pinged so loud I jumped! I knew then I had to play it. I remember renting it on the Genesis after playing the arcade game and it being unplayable to the point that I questioned why they even bothered making it.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Tempest said:

What's going on with the 2600 version in your video?  It looks corrupted.

I can't believe that the there were only two released ports of Turbo.  For some reason I assumed that the various computer systems got ports. 

It's an early beta so it doesn't run well.

Unknown to me, there is actually a great 2600 homebrew around now.

New video today. - 7 inch IPS emulation station

1 hour ago, Yakumo1975 said:

It's an early beta so it doesn't run well.

It is a prototype, but the screen shouldn't be flashing like that and the roadside buildings shouldn't be all corrupted.  Here's what it should look like (I'm the one who first reviewed it):

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/turbo/turbo.htm