IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

It's time for another remastered Battle of the Ports. The original Shinobi video was uploaded 6 years ago.  Ran at 30fps 720p with no voice over.  It also only covered 9 versions of Shinobi.
This Remastered video runs at 60fps 1080p, has a voiceover and covers 12 versions of shinobi.  Editing and sound balance is also a lot tighter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

This month, the Immortal is 30 years old.  Released back in November 1990.  Let's celebrate by taking a look at all ports side by side.

Made me feel very old watching this one. 

I'd been intrigued by it on the ST, but didn't have a a 1Meg machine, so later picked it up on the Mega Drive and fell in love with it. 

But never tried it since completing it all those years ago. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Made me feel very old watching this one. 

I'd been intrigued by it on the ST, but didn't have a a 1Meg machine, so later picked it up on the Mega Drive and fell in love with it. 

But never tried it since completing it all those years ago. 

It's a really tough game.  It's one of those were you have to memorise everything in order to succeed.

New video today, About time, something that works well for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry for the delay in getting this one out.  It should have been released last week but real life is just too busy these days.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one.  The original Double Dragon Battle of the Ports featured 16 versions.  This video features 20 but is actually missing the Game Gear and Xbox 360 Double Dragon Neon as I felt neither of those should be included.
If I could have gotten the mobile phone ports working there would have been 22 versions.  Oh well.

Edited by Yakumo1975
fixed the link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 6:53 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

So sorry for the delay in getting this one out.  It should have been released last week but real life is just too busy these days.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this one.  The original Double Dragon Battle of the Ports featured 16 versions.  This video features 20 but is actually missing the Game Gear and Xbox 360 Double Dragon Neon as I felt neither of those should be included.
If I could have gotten the mobile phone ports working there would have been 22 versions.  Oh well.

Very good remaster.  I still really love the NES port, warts and all.  However, I need to check out the GBA version for sure.  Also, for what its worth, my son liked the look of the 360 version the best.  In the meantime, take care and keep up the great work.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 11:37 PM, Hwlngmad said:

Very good remaster.  I still really love the NES port, warts and all.  However, I need to check out the GBA version for sure.  Also, for what its worth, my son liked the look of the 360 version the best.  In the meantime, take care and keep up the great work.

I really did enjoy playing DD Neon on the 360 with my Son but we never did ply the remake of the arcade game.  I think it would appeal to the younger kids mainly due to the comic style looks.

Today, A game I had a lot of fun with back in the early 90s.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 3:11 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

I really did enjoy playing DD Neon on the 360 with my Son but we never did ply the remake of the arcade game.  I think it would appeal to the younger kids mainly due to the comic style looks.

Today, A game I had a lot of fun with back in the early 90s.

Definitely I need to play the Super NES version for sure here soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yakumo1975 said:

It's time to take a look at the all new follow up to the mighty RG350, this is the RG351

I have a modded RG351 and I gotta say it is really awesome.  Sure, it doesn't play N64 and/or Dreamcast that well.  But, it can run everything up until PS1 and is a joy to have in the hand.  Definitely Anbernic's build quality is top notch and I cannot recommend this handheld enough.  Granted, I really enjoyed my Retroflag GPi, but this beats it hands down in every way.  I highly recommend it.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2020 at 1:57 AM, Punisher5.0 said:

Those graphics on the 360 version look terrible and ruin the game. The SNES and Genesis versions with their sprite based graphics are where its at.

I couldn't agree more.

New video, today.  Even though this Divoom Timebox Evo was sent to me after reviewing the last Divoom item I bought, my views are completely unaffected.  I truly do like this item.  Great sound for the size and a very nice display.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:32 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

One of my favourite games of all time on this week's Battle of the Ports.

A very good episode as it is a hard pill to swallow when one is old enough to recall the time when TMNT were such a dominate force in the entertainment and/or toy industry.  Still, what a time to be alive back in the late 80s / early 90s.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 5:33 AM, Hwlngmad said:

A very good episode as it is a hard pill to swallow when one is old enough to recall the time when TMNT were such a dominate force in the entertainment and/or toy industry.  Still, what a time to be alive back in the late 80s / early 90s.

Tell me about it.  I still remember forking out 65 pounds for the SFC game when it was new.  That was an awful lot of money back then.  Still have that same copy now.  Still looks new too.

New video out today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

The series may be a joke these days but at the beginning it truly was something special.

I haven't had much experience with the N4S series, but the start of the series was something special, that's for sure.  Also, personally, I love N4S III: Hot Pursuit for the PS1.  Great game.

• Like 1