IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

• 2 weeks later...

Great episode, but I have a few gripes :)

1. The Atari 8-bit port you played was either an unofficial conversion of the 5200 version or a prototype.  Almost all 5200 to 8-bit conversions were exactly the same as the two machines were practically identical.

2. You missed the real Atari 8-bit XE port which has much better graphics and gameplay

3. You missed the PAL release of the NES port which added a bunch of the FDS fixes to the original NES port

4. The Atari 2600 version you played appears to be a CCE hack (note the logo on the title screen).  It should play the same as the real 2600 version but it might not.

Also note that the Apple II version was never released.  It's most likely complete, but it might still need some minor tweaking.  I believe the original source code disks have been found and will be dumped soon so we can answer that question once and for all.

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Also note that the Apple II version was never released.  It's most likely complete, but it might still need some minor tweaking.  I believe the original source code disks have been found and will be dumped soon so we can answer that question once and for all.

(Emphasis mine.)

Think my jaw hit the floor.