IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

I

Not bad on Zaxxon and amusingly enough I just got a hold of a version of it this month, the coleco tabletop version. I've got the box and manual here on the floor next to me as I have yet to put that up. The game is brutal, fair, but brutal.

I used to love those table top games. They were like the elite gamers choice. Over the LCD games.

I had a few back I the day such as Scramble and Pac-man. Also the tank and car Tomy 3D games.

Hey, I actually own 50% of the versions of this one! lol

Hehe, cool. Which ones do you own? I'm lucky enough to own all of them besides the arcade version.

Yeah, I made a comment on hi video about the Saturn port of Thunder Force AC. The fact the Saturn version gives you built-in autofire like on the MegaDrive original is a GODSEND.

Auto fire is a God send. Playing the Arcade game is tiring. The SFC version also has auto fire but it's rather slow.

Finally, R-Type II arrives to Battle of the Ports. Let's take a look at 7 different ports.

• Like 3

Hehe, cool. Which ones do you own? I'm lucky enough to own all of them besides the arcade version.

Auto fire is a God send. Playing the Arcade game is tiring. The SFC version also has auto fire but it's rather slow.

I have the Genesis and Super Nintendo ones. And yeah, the Super Nintendo one has auto fire, but it is not on by default. You have to enter the options screen and turn it on, iirc. It's been a bit since I've played it.

I have the Genesis and Super Nintendo ones. And yeah, the Super Nintendo one has auto fire, but it is not on by default. You have to enter the options screen and turn it on, iirc. It's been a bit since I've played it.

Yes, that's right. Start and select on the title screen to enter the options on Thunder Spirits.

When you mentioned Digital Eclipse, surprisingly the quality of the GBC port of Marble Madness is night-and-day in comparison to Makaimura. The latter plays like the arcade with NES graphics and C64-ish music/sound (as I noticed the Red Arremers actually use the same patterns in the arcade). Tis odd.

When you mentioned Digital Eclipse, surprisingly the quality of the GBC port of Marble Madness is night-and-day in comparison to Makaimura. The latter plays like the arcade with NES graphics and C64-ish music/sound (as I noticed the Red Arremers actually use the same patterns in the arcade). Tis odd.

I find Digital Eclipse to be a very lacklustre company. All of there emulation packs are basic as can be. Now I don't expect them to be as good as the stuff M2 put out but they could at least give s good screen filters.

It's time to head out to those sand dunes in this week's Battle of the Ports - Buggy Boy. Show 167.

Man... I'd like to see a proper comparison of part 2.

I have Lethal Enforcers II: Gunfighters for Sega CD.

I've loaded up the Genesis ROM in Fusion.

I swear it's the EXACT same game... only the Sega CD version has load times.

Considering the style of game I wouldn't figure the graphics could be improved upon, but I'd think they toss a few FMVs in like they did with Part 1 on the Sega CD... or maybe Part 2 just didn't have any FMV between stages originally in the arcade. I've never played it.

But there is also NO sound improvements!

I'd imagine you'd get the arcade music tracks on CD (or at least some kind of arranged music like CD games always had), better quality voices, improved SFX, even if not still "arcade" perfect, just some kind of attempt at improvement.

But I'm sure it's a carbon copy... a carbon copy that some how takes up a lot of CD space.