IGNORED

Is there a verson of this that will work with Android?

Larry

Thanks, Madi. That would be cool. Quite a few folks say "I don't want to be tethered to a PC." If this could work well with an Android phone/tablet and a RS232-USB converter that certainly would reduce the hardware requirements for "SIO2xxx" dramatically. I'll definitely check this out. The Bluetooth option is nice, but I think this would be very useful and probably more reliable.

-Larry

Thanks, Madi. That would be cool. Quite a few folks say "I don't want to be tethered to a PC." If this could work well with an Android phone/tablet and a RS232-USB converter that certainly would reduce the hardware requirements for "SIO2xxx" dramatically. I'll definitely check this out. The Bluetooth option is nice, but I think this would be very useful and probably more reliable.

-Larry

You probably can't beat an Android-based phone or tablet for portability that's for sure. But for my personal long-term solution, I have my RPi2 sitting in a cheapie case and use it for NOTHING except SIO2USB duties. I plan to spend another $85 or so at some point and pick up the Pi Foundation 7" touchscreen and case to mount it in, then set the whole thing right next to my A8 machines full-time, no need for an external monitor, keyboard or mouse.

Have any pics of your RPi2 setup? The first thought that comes to mind with you present setup is how do you know what images are mounted and to which virtual drives? The display sounds like a good addition.

-Larry

For now, the RPi2 is just connected to an old LCD monitor, keyboard and mouse and boots into the usual Raspian X Windows desktop. My SIO2USB device is plugged into a free USB port. When I get the touchscreen and case, the whole thing will be self-contained.

I presume that you can now use the RespeQt software version "as-is?" I.e. you don't have to use any terminal software emulation that I saw in some older threads? Can this setup run at 3X SIO, or is it restricted to 1X? I might try this myself -- sounds like it might make a good winter project. Any useful threads that you would recommend on the current setup?

-Larry

I presume that you can now use the RespeQt software version "as-is?" I.e. you don't have to use any terminal software emulation that I saw in some older threads? Can this setup run at 3X SIO, or is it restricted to 1X? I might try this myself -- sounds like it might make a good winter project. Any useful threads that you would recommend on the current setup?

-Larry

I can't post links at the moment, but there are some posts in this subforum down the page in a thread about RespeQt on Raspberry Pi. Works great. Install the Qt stuff, download the source from Git, compile (about 10 minutes on an RPi2) and you should be good. The commands are even helpfully provided in the thread.

I can run at 3X no problem, and faster most of the time with custom tweaked timing options in the current development branch of the code.

EDIT: here you go.

RespeQt on Raspberry Pi?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?/topic/248789-RespeQt-on-Raspberry-Pi%3F&share_tid=248789&share_fid=4675&share_type=t

Edited by DrVenkman