IGNORED

Humblebundle is offering a Capcom bundle for PS3/PS4 this week.

boog

Perhaps we need an official Humblebundle thread here. I only came across it about 18 months ago as I'm on a mailing list for a UK deals site. Someone posted a HB deal on there. I picked up the Total War bundle and am still playing it now - kicking some serious ass on Medieval Total War II. Haven't lost a battle for a few days, even against 2-1 odds. I'm a tactical genius, :-D

I actually owned that game years ago but the disk eventually stopped working. Never did as well as I'm doing now as I didn't really pay much attention to the nuances of the game.

I think a dedicated Humble thread is a good idea. I never bother to visit the site until someone makes a post here. Having a thread will remind some of us to check out the site more frequently.

This Capcom bundle is a good deal, even if you already have some of the games. I already have most of them on the 360 but am thinking of taking advantage of the deal to have it all on my PS3 as well.

I am going to guess they send you download codes, either instantly, via email, or both. That's how most sites handle this sort of thing.

Yes. You login to your Humble Bundle account and generate the codes. You then redeem a "prepaid card" on the Website or console.

I did the $15 tier and for some reason 3 of the game codes weren't valid, and I guess 2 of the discount codes (presumably for that you need to purchase the item you're getting the discount for). Strange. I've never had an issue with Humble Bundle like that before after thousands of transactions.

• Like 1

Since I'm personally not interested in their PC packages, I'd rather see standalone threads for the console/handheld related stuff.

It's not like it happens very often. We've had one Nintendo bundle to daye and I believe that this is the first Playstation bundle. And we've never had a Xbox bundle, which hopefully will change one of these days.

Damn, I wish that was available to me here in Europe, I'd gladly get Super Puzzle Fighter and Okami, even if the rest of the bunch isn't really to my taste.

It's so easy to make a US account and the PS3/PS4 are both region free, so you shouldn't let that stop you.

And at least on the PS3, your primary account can also play the DLC purchased on the system by another account. So if you care about trophies and such, you still get to collect those just as if your regular European account had made the purchases.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

It's so easy to make a US account and the PS3/PS4 are both region free, so you shouldn't let that stop you.

And at least on the PS3, your primary account can also play the DLC purchased on the system by another account. So if you care about trophies and such, you still get to collect those just as if your regular European account had made the purchases.

I was under the impression that game purchases from your account could not be transferred to one from another region, and having two accounts with their own game lists would be just the kind of minor irritation that would drive me to annoyance, plus it sounds like the kind of thing the terms of service would probably prohibit.

You're not transferring anything.

On my PS3, I have my primary North American account, a secondary North American account (I had a 2nd account from an earlier PSP, so it's been here ever since they gave out the free games after their break-in, which allowed me to get them all for the PS3 and PSP), a friend's account that gameshared some stuff with me years ago back in the 5 activation days, a European account, and now a Japanese account after some recent purchases over there.

But I only ever play games when logged into my primary account. It has never given me issues with the content purchased on other accounts that are tied to the same system, since it doesn't differentiate between what it has purchased and what other accounts have purchased on my system (and the PS3 is region free, so that's also a non-issue with PS3 content). The other accounts are only ever logged into either to make a purchase, redownload something, or if I know something that I own out of the North American region has been patched.

I don't own a PS4, but it's also region free and I assume that the situation is similar. If you have two PSN accounts and they both identify the same PS4 as your primary system, then regardless of which account you logged in with, all purchases across both accounts will be accessible to that account on that PS4.

In fact, any account logging into that PS4 should be able to access all that content.

Edited by Atariboy

Yes. You login to your Humble Bundle account and generate the codes. You then redeem a "prepaid card" on the Website or console.

I did the $15 tier and for some reason 3 of the game codes weren't valid, and I guess 2 of the discount codes (presumably for that you need to purchase the item you're getting the discount for). Strange. I've never had an issue with Humble Bundle like that before after thousands of transactions.

Try them again. I think you can only enter so many in a short period of time. I had to go back and enter the last few after about 15 minutes as it was giving me this error:

An error has occurred, please try again later (800101)

Anyone want these two Humble Bundle discount codes? One provides a 45% discount on Street Fighter V for the PS4 and the other offers a 50% discount on Mega Man Legacy Collection for the PS4.

I wish that Capcom Arcade Cabinet had been part of the deal. Maybe next time...

I already had most of these games so I decided not to buy the bundle. But, a couple notes about these games:

Don't know if it's still an issue, but one of the PS3 system updates broke Commando 3. If anyone just got the game with this bundle and the game doesn't work after installing/updating, just delete the game and install the base game without the update patch. Skip the update every time and the game will work fine... no online play or leaderboards though.

Final Fight requires a PSN login to play, even for single player.

Mega Man 9 & 10 both have some quality DLC add-ons available, including extra stages/characters/game modes.

Don't know if it's still an issue, but one of the PS3 system updates broke Commando 3. If anyone just got the game with this bundle and the game doesn't work after installing/updating, just delete the game and install the base game without the update patch. Skip the update every time and the game will work fine... no online play or leaderboards though.

Yup that happened to me too, I haven't tried it in a long while so I'm also not sure if it still happens.