IGNORED

Worst Jaguar cartridge title?

WozzyCat

Cybermorph. And Attack of the Mutant Penguins. My penguin-loving 11 year old son couldn't even figure it out.

AotMP is a great game, despite the controls being a little awkward at times. Think "Lemmings", but instead of guiding the lemmings to the gate you must kill them all before they get there, plus it has the über-cheesy storyline. Cybermorph has bland graphics and meh sound, but it's actually playable, which can't be said for FFL or CF.

I just chekc my cart collection and my least favorite games are:

- aircars

- BUbsy in Fractured Fairy tales

- Chekered flag

- Double Drgon 5

- Fight for Life

- Hyper Force

But the two worst for my are Chekred Flag and Doble Dragon.

It seems lots of us agree on those 2.

Curiously no one mentionned Troy Aikman Football, or maybe I just overead the topic

I'm surprised to see Syndicate getting a few mentions here. I count it among the best games on the Jag. I played all the way through it as a kid, and just finished my second playthrough this week. It's got plenty of depth for its time, the graphics are adequate, and the controls are something that can't properly be done on most consoles due to lack of buttons (just look at the Genesis/SNES ports). And I find it really satisfying to build up my corporation into a globally-dominating power from scratch. I realize opinions are opinions, but there's plenty of better (or worse?) competitors for worst Jag cartridge.

Of course, I also got plenty of enjoyment out of Checkered Flag back in the day. Despite the horrid controls, I actually beat the tournament mode in first place a couple times. I'm not sure which game I'd call the worst. I haven't put much time into games like Dragon, Club Drive, Brutal Sports Football, and Defender 2000 because my initial playthrough was so dull.

I'm surprised to see Syndicate getting a few mentions here. I count it among the best games on the Jag. I played all the way through it as a kid, and just finished my second playthrough this week. It's got plenty of depth for its time, the graphics are adequate, and the controls are something that can't properly be done on most consoles due to lack of buttons (just look at the Genesis/SNES ports). And I find it really satisfying to build up my corporation into a globally-dominating power from scratch. I realize opinions are opinions, but there's plenty of better (or worse?) competitors for worst Jag cartridge.

I personally love the game Syndicate, but my love for the game is based mostly on playing it on the PC, which was the ideal environment for it. The Jag version isn't a bad console port, but it's flaws showed why not all PC games make good console games. For instance, the graphical details of certain things that could be easily seen on a VGA monitor were often hard to see on a TV. The gameplay was also a bit clumsy with a controller, and there was some massive slowdown on some of the later levels. The last level, which was hard enough on the PC, was near impossible to finish on the Jag. All in all, I still think of it as a good game, but I can understand why some people don't like it at all.

I just chekc my cart collection and my least favorite games are:

- aircars

- BUbsy in Fractured Fairy tales

- Chekered flag

- Double Drgon 5

- Fight for Life

- Hyper Force

But the two worst for my are Chekred Flag and Doble Dragon.

It seems lots of us agree on those 2.

Curiously no one mentionned Troy Aikman Football, or maybe I just overead the topic

108 messages and this is the closest someone came to thinking Bubsy was the worst Jaguar game.

Yes! My years of positive PR of the Bubster has paid off! :D

As for me, worst Jaguar game? Bruce Lee the Dragon Story and would you believe Zero5?

• Like 1

I've played several football games on several systems and Troy isn't a bad football simulator, that's why.

People attack it based mostly on the looks of it, which doesn't make it a bad football simulator.

As I am French I did not uderstand the rules of american Football until I played Troy Aikman Fottball. It was a Jaguar Game and as it was my only console back then I spend some hours playing it and it was a ice introduction into maerican Football for me.

I LIke the game that's why I did not put on my list.

• Like 1

108 messages and this is the closest someone came to thinking Bubsy was the worst Jaguar game.

Yes! My years of positive PR of the Bubster has paid off! :D

As for me, worst Jaguar game? Bruce Lee the Dragon Story and would you believe Zero5?

Yeah sorry for all your hard work rehabillating Bubsy but I just find the game frustrating.

I can get Dragon. But Zero 5 ? Is that the difficulty that makes you say that ?

Yeah sorry for all your hard work rehabillating Bubsy but I just find the game frustrating.

LOL! I was kidding of course about my work on Bubsy, but I have had fun showing others the fun I accidentally found with that game. It is a frustrating game. I think I broke at least one controller in frustration learning it. :P

Always fun to see the hate level of stuff I worked

Not as much hate for Bubsy in this thread as I would have thought...lol (and even a few positive comments!!!!)

Will need to check out Supercross again as I suspect that may not have aged well...

I don't recall white men cant jump as being as bad as all the mentions (but its no NBA JAM)

Club Drive could have been great, everyone had high hopes for that one, but clearly missed the mark

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to hack Bubsy to accept 3 hits before dying? Change from 9 lives (cute, but impractical) and one hit, to three hits and three lives. Bet that would go a long way in helping people rediscover the game for those with a Skunkboard or the upcoming SD Flashcart. Or could have a cartridge made. Seems to be the #1 complaint about the game anyway.

If the game could be revised that way, I know I'd want a cart. :)

Not as much hate for Bubsy in this thread as I would have thought...lol (and even a few positive comments!!!!)

You should probably thank doctorclu for that. His obsession with the game made me give it a serious go, and I found that despite its flaws, there's a good time to be had with it.

Will need to check out Supercross again as I suspect that may not have aged well...

No, but to be fair, it didn't start well either. The game clearly needed a lot more time in development, a luxury I'm sure you didn't have then.

I don't recall white men cant jump as being as bad as all the mentions (but its no NBA JAM)

No, it's actually much worse. 8)

It would be awesome to hear some of your stories about the games you worked on, especially concerning the difficulties in development and such.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to hack Bubsy to accept 3 hits before dying? Change from 9 lives (cute, but impractical) and one hit, to three hits and three lives. Bet that would go a long way in helping people rediscover the game for those with a Skunkboard or the upcoming SD Flashcart. Or could have a cartridge made. Seems to be the #1 complaint about the game anyway.

If the game could be revised that way, I know I'd want a cart. :)

We thought of multiple hits, but that may have made things too easy, also it conflicted with the genesis code that it was being ported from. Most devs and testers on the Jag & lynx even if they were not hardcore gamers, played the games so many times that the games seemed easier than they may have been. I think we ramped the learning curves on most of the games too high. It was so people wouldn't beat the games in a day.

You should probably thank doctorclu for that. His obsession with the game made me give it a serious go, and I found that despite its flaws, there's a good time to be had with it.

No, but to be fair, it didn't start well either. The game clearly needed a lot more time in development, a luxury I'm sure you didn't have then.

No, it's actually much worse. 8)

It would be awesome to hear some of your stories about the games you worked on, especially concerning the difficulties in development and such.

Faran and I are planning on doing interviews sessions soon to cover the above games as we have already discussed Bubsy.

If you have questions about the development and challenges faced for the titles Faran helped produce, I'm writing those up at this time.

• Like 1

Syndicate, unfortunately for me. It's a computer game ported to a console, that, despite how many buttons it does have, does not have enough buttons for a comfortable computer control system. Having played the Amiga version, it works far superior and looks better, the only upside to the cartridge version is the lack of loading from scrapey floppy disks, but then again I'm weird and I like that sound XD Having to play with the manual slapped open next to me on the 'controls' section (not page, section) and thumbing through it whenever I try to remember how to do X is really inconvienient. It's a fun game and thankfully not very expensive so you can enjoy it, but not so much on the Jaguar...

I just resurrected my Jaguar after 15 years in storage, and the six carts I have are very disappointing. Zool 2, a Sonic derivative, was the most playable, perhaps one needs to love Chupa Chips to really enjoy it. What game should I look for to redeem this system?

Here's what I tried:

Pitfall - might as well play it on the Gameboy, although I may try and push through a few levels because of the high quality Genesis graphics

Iron Soldier - bored punching water towers and shooting the same helicopter over and over

Vortex - !Mortal Combat

Cybermorph - CyberLess, please

Supercross - so much as stub your toe off the track and you fall under your bike

I just resurrected my Jaguar after 15 years in storage, and the six carts I have are very disappointing. Zool 2, a Sonic derivative, was the most playable, perhaps one needs to love Chupa Chips to really enjoy it. What game should I look for to redeem this system?

Here's what I tried:

Pitfall - might as well play it on the Gameboy, although I may try and push through a few levels because of the high quality Genesis graphics

Iron Soldier - bored punching water towers and shooting the same helicopter over and over

Vortex - !Mortal Combat

Cybermorph - CyberLess, please

Supercross - so much as stub your toe off the track and you fall under your bike

This is off topic, but try

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246618-the-absolute-essential-jaguar-games

Might not be the system for you, maybe?