IGNORED

PAX forum/invited guest

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today was the big day. The room we were in is one of the smaller rooms but no means small. As the both of us sat there on the stage waiting for the door to open we were wondering how many would show up. We ended up with somewhere between 85 to 90% full. We were stunned. Didn't realize how many G-Fans would be at the con. I got things started and Matt would chime in and play off of me and vice versa. We managed to get to the last game just before time ran out. At the end we were given a rousing ovation by the crowd. Amazing. Went much better than I imagined.

Edited by RARusk
  • Like 1

I was there for the panel and I can confirm that it was A PACKED HOUSE!!! I arrived to line up 30 minutes early and the queuing area was already up against the wall. I seriously think you're underselling yourself, the enforcers probably turned some people away, the room was that full.

I agree that the chemistry between yourself and your co-host was well played. You described each game accurately but not taking it too seriously to the point of being boring while Matt cracked jokes, made funny observations and reactions along the way. It really kept the audience attentive as they waited for the next dose of info and humor.

And yes, there was roaring applause at the end which was well earned. I know you pushed to have this panel approved for many years until now and the turnout shows me that its approval was long overdue. Not even kidding, this was the best panel I attended in the entire show.

GREAT JOB!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Talked to Matt again at another small con in town and he wants to try a live LP using Godzilla: Save the Earth (Xbox) for next year. I have some mixed feelings about that since I've never done one and I don't know how well one can be done in an hour. Also I don't know if PAX would be interested in it although I should look through the panel listings of the previous events to know for sure. I will at least submit the Godzilla in Gaming panel again as a backup plan. PAX knows that it was a success and that gives us a better than average chance of doing it again. Good thing the submission window doesn't open for another six months so I have plenty of time to think things through.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...