IGNORED

INTEREST CHECK: New Reproduction Overlays...

pboland

• 4 weeks later...

So as of a recent purchase, I've now joined the ranks of 5200 owners. Some of my games have overlays and some don't. So query - is this project still alive?

Secondarily, is there a list somewhere of all games that actually used overlays?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Looked and couldn't find a price. So what is the price and how many do you get? Thank you!

Nothing has really changed since I posted these two statements below. Things are a little slow over the summer with the kids home and all, but the project is still moving forward. I haven't decide on a price for the set yet, but individually they will be $2.00 per overlay (minus the custom Keypad cover as that is an exclusive for the set). The set will be cheaper than if you bought them individually.

Quick update. Here are the titles that will be included in the new Super Overlays™ (two copies of each for a total 60 overlays):
- Ballblazer
- Berzerk
- Centipede
- Countermeasure
- Defender
- DigDug
- Galaxian
- Joust
- Jungle Hunt
- Kangaroo
- Missile Command
- MoonPatrol
- Ms. PacMan
- PacMan
- Qix
- Rescue On Fractalus
- RS_Baseball
- RS_Football
- RS_Soccer
- RS_Tennis
- Space Dungeon
- Space Invaders
- Star Raiders
- Super Breakout
- Vanguard
- Mario Bros.
- Pengo
- Gremlins
- Pole Position
- Custom Keypad cover overlay
The titles is green I still have to design.
Stay tuned….

Eventually. I do plan on having more 5200 overlays to offer. However, for this set I'm currently putting together, Tempest will not be in it.

All these overlays (minus the custom keypad cover overlay) will be available individually at a price of $2.00 per overlay. However, the Super Overlays™ set will be much cheaper than $2.00 per overlay (price to be determined).

I almost forgot, not only will this set have the custom keypad cover overlay, but it will also come in its very own special edition mini game box (which the overlays will come in):

attachicon.gif box1.jpg attachicon.gif box2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I started doing some of the printing. What is pictured here is only about half of what I'll need based on the interest in this thread. I'm hoping to be ready by October (yes, 2017). That's assuming nothing comes up that gets in the way. [first pic is the overlays, the second pic is the box prints]. The boxes prints still need to be laminated and cut and as I stated at the beginning I still need to print laminate and cut more overlays.

post-9874-0-02964000-1503709392.jpg

post-9874-0-93102600-1503709398.jpg

Edited by pboland
  • Like 4

Can't wait to order these! Space Shuttle would be a nice one to include.

I'm at the point of manufacturing and so the titles for this box set has been determined.

However, that doesn't mean I will never have a Space Shuttle overlay. It just will not be in this set. I plan on making more overlays as time goes on. All overlays will be available for individual purchase after the sale of the set (minus the box and special metallic keypad cover as those are box set exclusives). So there is still hope. :)

• Like 2

Nothing has really changed since I posted these two statements below. Things are a little slow over the summer with the kids home and all, but the project is still moving forward. I haven't decide on a price for the set yet, but individually they will be $2.00 per overlay (minus the custom Keypad cover as that is an exclusive for the set). The set will be cheaper than if you bought them individually.

Perhaps a finalized price for the complete set and set up a poll of who will actually commit to buying? This will help you on how many sets to initially produce keeping your costs down and possibly passing that on to members who commit.

For me if the cost savings is not drastic vs individual sets, I may just purchase individual titles. Own most of the Atari originals, but would like a whole new set if a decent price.

• 3 weeks later...