IGNORED

INTEREST CHECK: New Reproduction Overlays...

pboland

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part this project (as a set with box and dust cover overlays) is over.

I will never offer this set again.

I do have three copies that I'm still waiting on payment for and if I don't hear from them soon I will have these three copies up for sale. For now they are sold out.

If you still are looking for 5200 overlays and missed out on this offer you can still buy them individually @2.00 per overlay (this is my standard charge for individual overlays be it ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Jaguar, or Intellivision). No I will never be offering this set again so if you think you can just wait for it to come around again, it ain't happen.

As I add more titles to my overlay catalog I will use this topic to keep everyone up to date and of course I'm always looking for suggestions for overlay titles.

Thanks to everyone who helped support and make this project a great success.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

More to come...

• 4 weeks later...

2 copies available!

(see this post for pricing: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271311-super-overlays-set-new-for-atari-5200/?p=3874688)

Two of the sales didn't happen, so I have two copies that are now available. If you are interested please PM me.

If you missed out here is your chance to get one of two copies that remain.

Again, PM me if you are interested.

For the most part this project (as a set with box and dust cover overlays) is over.

I will never offer this set again.

I do have three copies that I'm still waiting on payment for and if I don't hear from them soon I will have these three copies up for sale. For now they are sold out.

If you still are looking for 5200 overlays and missed out on this offer you can still buy them individually @2.00 per overlay (this is my standard charge for individual overlays be it ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Jaguar, or Intellivision). No I will never be offering this set again so if you think you can just wait for it to come around again, it ain't happen.

As I add more titles to my overlay catalog I will use this topic to keep everyone up to date and of course I'm always looking for suggestions for overlay titles.

Thanks to everyone who helped support and make this project a great success.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...

i hope the seller made enough money to be worth the efforts the assortment assembled really makes it look like there could be a third party overlay pack for activision and parker brothers games it would be cool to have just a plain activision and parker brothers i wonder if he could do the silverized blueishness

i hope the seller made enough money to be worth the efforts the assortment assembled really makes it look like there could be a third party overlay pack for activision and parker brothers games it would be cool to have just a plain activision and parker brothers i wonder if he could do the silverized blueishness

Third party overlays are do-able. However, I'm not sure how many of those (Activision, Parker Bros, etc) actually use keypad function. I'll need to go through the manuals of each of the games and then design an overlay for that game. Now I just need to find the time. ;)

As for the "silvered bluishness" of Parker brothers, I'm already able to do this for cart labels:

post-9874-0-71492400-1516382650.jpg

Doing this for overlays is a different story. I'm not able to make overlays that look the same as the cart labels right now. I say "right now" because, I never know if I will actually find a way to accomplish this in the future or not. I use to tell people I couldn't make the cart labels until I figured out the "magic mix" of materials and printing to make it happen. So, for right now I don't have the ability to make the "silvered bluishness" Parker brothers styled overlays, but the cart labels are not a problem.

BTW, if you guys ever have any questions about overlays or cart labels, just ask.

• Like 2

i would like to know how you do your silvered colors is that the materials base?

well just to fill it out you could just have an item points reference like for pitfall 2

i'll try to come up with the keys

activisions (keep a theme within)

keystone capers * toggles music but the level select is a bit odd having to press zero then the level

megamaia # players * guided missile toggle

space shuttle (copy)

dreadnaught 1-7 levels

beamrider maybe do like a 2 color outline thing in yellow 1-4 and write (players)also in yellow then a red square around 1-3 and a

red level word * drop out

pitfall just steal the items point pics from the manual

hero 1-5 level skip

river raid 1-8 active have odd numbers one color for 1 player even numbers another for 2 player

kaboom copy

parkers

frogger copymod with arrows instead of cutouts

froggger 2 mod frogger 1

gyruss * players maybe have a little scoring advice like the enemy ship pic =100 enemy ball=500

montezuma 1-3 difficulty

popeye # players

return of jedi # game select

star wars 1-3 wave

super cobra #players

007 # difficulty * players

sega

congo 1 one player 2 two player maybe writen downward in an outline

buck maybe scoring table with pics of saucers, hoppers,posts,mothership

zaxxon * players (art)pics of the towers,turrets,robot,missile

cbs

blueprint copy

mountain king copy

wizard of wor copymod this game always bugged me that single player must be in control port 2 i was thinking maybe have a yellow player (controller 1 written on keypad area with in a yellow square)card and a blue player card(contoller 2 written on keypad in blue square) (#players *worriers)

gorf copy/art

miner 2049er 1-4 teleporters outline #lift control *players

i think this is about 25 good for a $50 pack

as for the box design i'm not a fan how small the box was woudl it be possible to do a double wide box with a divider just to be a bit bigger

have half be like actvision half be parker brothers then have like an "all new" diagonal band that says "plus bonus CBS" and maybe a starburst "with exclusive miner 2049er" you know baloney jazzville

Edited by bohoki

i would like to know how you do your silvered colors is that the materials base?

well just to fill it out you could just have an item points reference like for pitfall 2

i'll try to come up with the keys

activisions (keep a theme within)

keystone capers * toggles music but the level select is a bit odd having to press zero then the level

megamaia # players * guided missile toggle

space shuttle (copy)

dreadnaught 1-7 levels

beamrider maybe do like a 2 color outline thing in yellow 1-4 and write (players)also in yellow then a red square around 1-3 and a

red level word * drop out

pitfall just steal the items point pics from the manual

hero 1-5 level skip

river raid 1-8 active have odd numbers one color for 1 player even numbers another for 2 player

kaboom copy

parkers

frogger copymod with arrows instead of cutouts

froggger 2 mod frogger 1

gyruss * players maybe have a little scoring advice like the enemy ship pic =100 enemy ball=500

montezuma 1-3 difficulty

popeye # players

return of jedi # game select

star wars 1-3 wave

super cobra #players

007 # difficulty * players

sega

congo 1 one player 2 two player maybe writen downward in an outline

buck maybe scoring table with pics of saucers, hoppers,posts,mothership

zaxxon * players (art)pics of the towers,turrets,robot,missile

cbs

blueprint copy

mountain king copy

wizard of wor copymod this game always bugged me that single player must be in control port 2 i was thinking maybe have a yellow player (controller 1 written on keypad area with in a yellow square)card and a blue player card(contoller 2 written on keypad in blue square) (#players *worriers)

gorf copy/art

miner 2049er 1-4 teleporters outline #lift control *players

i think this is about 25 good for a $50 pack

as for the box design i'm not a fan how small the box was woudl it be possible to do a double wide box with a divider just to be a bit bigger

have half be like actvision half be parker brothers then have like an "all new" diagonal band that says "plus bonus CBS" and maybe a starburst "with exclusive miner 2049er" you know baloney jazzville

Thanks for the info on each game. I can look into making the box bigger. The trick is fitting everything into the price point (and of course time). I'm currently working on a few different label projects and overlay projects.

I do make the silvered labels using a combination of material (foil type label) and type of printer. Each label is also clear laminated and computer cut.

I do offer cart labels as well as overlays. For those interested just PM me.

• 6 years later...
On 10/23/2017 at 1:46 PM, pboland said:

It's Here!

post-9874-0-98435800-1508791397_thumb.jpg

It's official. Please see this topic if you are interested:

SUPER OVERLAYS Set (New!, for Atari 5200)

If you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Sorry for the bump, but I missed out on this first run of overlays, mostly because I have the games with overlays already.  Even so, I was very interested at the time for the next upcoming set of overlays that would hopefully include Tempest.  So I guess I will put it out there, have you gotten around to doing another set of 5200 overlays that would include other homebrew/prototype games?  So, like

Tempest

RealSports Curling

Blaster

Xari Arena

Scramble

Asteroids

Xevious

Sinistar

Adventure II

Stargate

Combat II Advanced

Millipede

Castle Crisis

Haunted House

Ratcatcher

The Last Starfighter

Necromancer

Final Legacy

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of (some have been created since the time of the first set of overlays).  If any of the programmers here who made those games could offer "official" design input, that would be even cooler to tie it all together.

• Like 1