IGNORED

Obscure NES/SNES games

34 minutes ago, Atariboy said:

The Super Nintendo is graced with an even more impressive and playable carrier jet fighter counterpart to this, Turn & Burn: No Fly Zone. Carrier landings on that game still impress me for a Super Nintendo game. And apparently they knew that they had something good with this game, since it got ported to the GBA as F-14 Tomcat early in the GBA's life and then received two similar sequels using the same game engine, Super Hornet F/A-18F (GBA) and late in the life of the GBA, F24: Stealth Fighter (Which saw a simultaneous and enhanced DS release at the same time). 

I also felt that Air Cavalry was pretty cool:

• Like 2

Loopz - Puzzle game where you try to place pieces in such a way so as to create loops out of them:

Rock 'n' Ball - Pinball game with a variety of gameplay ideas, including defeating enemies with the ball and scoring a goal like in soccer:

Fun House - Game show game where you try to hit targets with tomatoes while avoiding obstacles:

Edited by electricmastro
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Loopz - Puzzle game where you try to place pieces in such a way so as to create loops out of them:

Rock 'n' Ball - Pinball game with a variety of gameplay ideas, including defeating enemies with the ball and scoring a goal like in soccer:

Fun House - Game show game where you try to hit targets with tomatoes while avoiding obstacles:

You definitely know some obscurities!

Fun House looks a lot more fun than I would have thought,  Like,  why even have the license?  That looks better than (what little I remember of) the show...(I might even have this cart somewhere...)

The pinball game looks fun To Play,  but that music!  (ERrrrrrff!)  With a name like Rock n Ball,  I wouldn't expect the soundtrack to suck like that.  It was early enough (in life I mean) that I wouldn't expect it to have the ability to turn the music off,  but that would make it cool, because then you'd pick just SFX and add your own music and all would be well....I'll have to check it out anyway...

• Like 1

Palamedes - Puzzle game where you throw dice to match other dice across the screen:

M.U.L.E. - Business simulation game where you amass wealth through supply and demand for the survival of colonies:

Magician - An RPG where you learn spells using phonemes while maintaining vital stats:

Edited by electricmastro
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Palamedes - Puzzle game where you throw dice to match other dice across the screen:

M.U.L.E. - Business simulation game where you amass wealth through supply and demand for the survival of colonies:

Magician - An RPG where you learn spells using phonemes while maintaining vital stats:

Will check out Palamedes and M.U.L.E. sometime, especially M.U.L.E. since it is an old school 8-bit classic.

• Like 2

I miss Faria that was such a unique game.  It's a strange mix of like JRPG and Zelda/Mana style play.  Years ago I remember tweaking off collectors when I made threats for awhile due to a piece from that game being lorded over for big bucks.  I got one cheap, scanned it in very high resolution then slammed it up both as PDF and a clean open format up on digital press, it was the mail away map for the game which pretty much due to the crusty design of the era is required to enjoy it in places. :D

I do wish at times I still had it, but it's gone years now.  Price I'm sure probably sucks into the $100+ club by now, so no thanks. :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I miss Faria that was such a unique game.  It's a strange mix of like JRPG and Zelda/Mana style play.  Years ago I remember tweaking off collectors when I made threats for awhile due to a piece from that game being lorded over for big bucks.  I got one cheap, scanned it in very high resolution then slammed it up both as PDF and a clean open format up on digital press, it was the mail away map for the game which pretty much due to the crusty design of the era is required to enjoy it in places. :D

I do wish at times I still had it, but it's gone years now.  Price I'm sure probably sucks into the $100+ club by now, so no thanks. :D

Yep, not many action RPGs released on the NES, so it stands out more for that. Speaking of which, of course I'd also have to mention The Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper!. Definitely one of the better license-based games, but I think it's regular pricing would turn many people away though. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved Conflict on the NES. One of the nicer strategy war games. Other games in the same vein that I liked playing were The Perfect General [DOS] and Master of Monsters [Gen]. These days it has largely been replaced by Advance Wars (series) and Fire Emblem (series).

Tried the SNES version, Super Conflict, but the later levels take a long time to compete with the, move all units rules (I know a move 3 only mode exists).

SuperConflictSNESBoxArt.jpgSuperConflictMovingUnits.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's one of those rarities on SNES where it not only was a port, but a console crossover and handled well no less.  Wing Commander and WC Special Operations were also another set, shame the cheapos left the battery save out for a password.  Spectre for DOS made it too, an early 3D low poly game and intact without using the FX chip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forgot I already posted here. My original recommendation of Panic Restaurant for NES still stands. I also have a sealed

copy of Legacy of the Wizard.

There are even more rare Famicom games I think.I haven't seen a Famicom multicart with the switches on it to select the games in over 15 years.

Edited by lushgirl_80