IGNORED

The Witcher 3 first timer play impressions

Unbeliever

Again, with this post to Xbox One content, I'm late to the party. I'm notorious with being "late" to some games, as I usually wait to see if they drop in price or do some Accountant-level research before buying. I have to say it was well worth all the research and impressions from other gamer's to finally purchase this game.

I have never played the first two games, and from what I've read, it's probably a good thing. A clean slate, new to the series, no previous "stains" to color my observations of The Witcher, Geralt. And what a character he is! I don't think I've ever felt more empathy with a video game protagonist as I have with Geralt.

The game world is spectacular, and the subtleties you see are impressive. Of course it's not a perfect game, but damn, it sure comes close. Normally I "suck" at combat where you have to be able to pull off some moves to stay alive. Other games, like for example Lords of the Fallen, have me fumbling and dying quite a bit as I never quite seem to get the rhythm without getting constantly smacked by the bad guy. With Geralt, it's more intuitive (to me, anyway), and I have an easier time getting out of the way and following up with my own attacks.

The soundtrack is pretty well done in and of itself. I even got the musical accompaniment with it to rip and listen to whenever I want. Perfect in the background for my job. Sound effects are also well done, and sometimes the sound of a sword ripping into flesh makes me cringe. So I guess that would be a good thing? Yes, indeed.

This seems like a game I can spend some considerable time with, immerse myself into, and go so far as to say (gasp) hold me over for a good long time for other games down the road. My Xbox One collection is pretty small (about a half dozen games as of this writing), but the games I do have tide me over and for the first time, I don't feel like I have to buy all the new games as soon as they come out.

Just my two cents on this game. Most impressive.

Its great, I just started it some days ago after beating the 2nd game. Its vastly better than the last game which I didn't really care for all that much. Am really really shocked at how so much better they made this series. I especially love the mini game within called Gwent and am looking to get the physical game to play.

I thought you were kind of interested in the older games so thats why I made a comment on your status to avoid the old games. If you like the character and want a little bit of "backstory", this person does a really good youtube video. Its about 30 minutes, but she has a good voice and explains the story in the second game really well

I want this game. Looks amazing. Been meaning to pick it up when the time is right. Not sure if I'm ready for the commitment of an RPG right now. How long of a game is this?

Its pretty damn long 50-100 hours according to hltb

Skyrim is coming up next month so it could cause some burnout lol The complete edition will probably go on sale during thanksgiving etc...