IGNORED

Tombstone City - anyone go past day 1?

S1500

I did not mean to sound too overbearing ... in essence, you can play Tombstone City only when you know the few rules, but then it is actually not a big challenge anymore, maybe only when you play "insane" where two Morgs appear for each destroyed pair of saguaros. It's not like Invaders or Parsec that is getting faster and more difficult per level; here, there are only more saguaro pairs in later days.

I contemplated typing in the source code for this when I wanted to learn assembly... As a massochistic primer, so to speak.

I did not do it. :)

Not a good way to learn assembly IMO, but a good/interesting reference. I used the random number generator from Tombstone City back in the day, because I did not know how to make random numbers in assembly.

Here is a screenshot, I just gave it a go, for more than 2 minutes, for the first time in 30-ish years. Once you understand the mechanic it is not too difficult. The hardest part for me is positioning the schooner where I want it, since the game is played on the tile grid and moving just one tile can be touchy.

post-24952-0-03616500-1472954029_thumb.jpg

eheh... I remeber, back in the days, that I didn't understand a certain game mechanics (no spoiler)... I had reached day two only a couple of times, by chance.

I was a bit frustrated and stopped playing with Tombstone (I was only a little boy). After some time, I came back home after an holiday, and my father, who could not beat me at any TI game, was triumphantly waiting for me... because he did understand the game, so was able to reach day 6 or 7 rather easily! :-)

Finally he got his revenge! :-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...