IGNORED

Homemade Vectrex Reproduction Overlays

funknflow5200

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, I'm the author. The version you see is just a test program for the main thing.

I've been working on a much larger version of this with improved mechanics and expanded game-play.

How much would it be to run of one to start with, for a test copy of the game?

1 hour ago, funknflow5200 said:

absolutely- would just need the binary to work with. Which i now see posted above. I’m finishing up the overlay for KnightEx this weekend and could work on this next—- are you the author? 

Oooh, what does that look like?  I just bought that and SpideX, do you have an overlay design for that, too?

1 hour ago, ledzep said:

Oooh, what does that look like?  I just bought that and SpideX, do you have an overlay design for that, too?

I do not have spidex overlay, but i'd suggest using my psych B or solar quest gradient overlays for that one. KnightEX overlay will be done this weekend, I'll be sure to post it here.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 11:17 PM, funknflow5200 said:

absolutely- would just need the binary to work with. Which i now see posted above. I’m finishing up the overlay for KnightEx this weekend and could work on this next—- are you the author? 

The binary can be downloaded from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15La6gtLFfWDaJH9MLtBNOL_S6Dgl9tt-/view?usp=sharing

Edited by gorf68
Wrong address!
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

These are amazing and I fully anticipate making a purchase for some overlays in the near future. Just to confirm, the ordering method of PayPal to funknflow@aol.com (good and services) with a note stating which overlays (and which specific version, if applicable) and pricing of $13 per and $7 flat rate shipping in the US are still current practice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

These are amazing and I fully anticipate making a purchase for some overlays in the near future. Just to confirm, the ordering method of PayPal to funknflow@aol.com (good and services) with a note stating which overlays (and which specific version, if applicable) and pricing of $13 per and $7 flat rate shipping in the US are still current practice?

that is correct! still making and shipping these out every darn day.

• Thanks 2

So I'm planning on purchasing six game-specific overlays and one psychedelic overlay for my initial order. Is there one psychedelic overlay in particular that you think is the best/most versatile/most mind-blowing haha? Directed at @funknflow5200 as the author of these but certainly any psychedelic customers are encouraged to chime in, too!

My order has grown from six game-specific overlays to 10 plus Psych C. God help me ?

Before I order, @funknflow5200, do you make an overlay for the homebrew game Vec-Man? The creator has mock-ups of three suggested overlay designs on his website. I'm not sure how I feel about the brown background but I suppose there's some reason for it...

On 3/2/2020 at 2:25 PM, gorf68 said:

Hello funknflow5200,

Did you ever find the time to have a look at this? I've got my eproms, and my cartridge pcb's now. Just waiting for the burner and going to have a go at printing a cartridge and making a box for a one-off full build of the Trapped game.

This is all test work for my bigger game. It would be nice to have an overlay as well, not sure I can pull this off on my own!

On 5/17/2020 at 1:50 PM, sixersfan105 said:

My order has grown from six game-specific overlays to 10 plus Psych C. God help me ?

Before I order, @funknflow5200, do you make an overlay for the homebrew game Vec-Man? The creator has mock-ups of three suggested overlay designs on his website. I'm not sure how I feel about the brown background but I suppose there's some reason for it...

at this time- no- but use psych c for that game, it works great! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gorf68 said:

Hello funknflow5200,

Did you ever find the time to have a look at this? I've got my eproms, and my cartridge pcb's now. Just waiting for the burner and going to have a go at printing a cartridge and making a box for a one-off full build of the Trapped game.

This is all test work for my bigger game. It would be nice to have an overlay as well, not sure I can pull this off on my own!

i have not had time to yet but still plan on it at some point- do you have any artwork in mind yet? 

2 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Ok cool. Just sent the funds your way with a detailed description. Thanks for all that you do, Mr. Steven Kray!

got it! I'm waiting on more ink to arrive and then I will begin your order ASAP! (should be sent out priority by this weekend)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...