IGNORED

WTB: Gizmondo Charger

lisalover1

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find a replacement charger for my Gizmondo - it uses a very small and specific plug type that is not seen in almost any other adapter, and no adapter I have seen seems to work. So, despite it being a fairly standard-looking plug, it seems I will need to find an official one. Anyone have any suggestions, or could you link me to a universal adapter than has worked for you?

It is not special....you can find that really thin tip in those universal type adapters that come with a lot of interchangeable tips. It is 6V positive tip. I used a universal with mine when I had one. I think mine was a Jensen and had a switch on the front that allowed me to select the 6V, but any that have the small tip and can do this should work fine.

Edited by eightbit

It is not special....you can find that really thin tip in those universal type adapters that come with a lot of interchangeable tips. It is 6V positive tip. I used a universal with mine when I had one. I think mine was a Jensen and had a switch on the front that allowed me to select the 6V, but any that have the small tip and can do this should work fine.

Do you have a link to a place I can buy that adapter? I've tried at least three different universal power adapters, and none of them have fit.

Do you have a link to a place I can buy that adapter? I've tried at least three different universal power adapters, and none of them have fit.

If I am not mistaken (and I might be because it has been a LONG time) it was this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-JEN500-500MAH-Universal-Adapter/dp/B000BWYTA4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=835e6e330ab7719c1de05115ff597e8e

The smallest plug should do it. You can return it to Amazon if it does not work out. MAKE SURE to use 6V and the polarity is pos tip.

• 8 months later...