IGNORED

Resident Evil 4

DracIsBack

I just shelled out $25 and bought the XBox One version of Resident Evil 4 ... one of my favourite games of all time. I've easily been through this game two dozen times, first on the GameCube and later on the Wii.

Since the price was alright, I bought it on the XBox One, interested to see it in HD.

The experience was decent, though not perfect. The HD graphics are much sharper and you can see a lot more little touches that you couldn't before. With that said, the XBox One version has a problem where it suffers from sudden lag and slowdown at times. It seems so bizarre, but I don't remember slowdown on the GameCube or the Wii versions, but this is something you notice.

I also find the controls a bit frustrating. They're mapped fairly differently than the GameCube version IIRC, and I find myself accidentally landing in menus when I went to shoot and things like that. This was also frustrating.

I'd beaten the game so many times on the other two versions that I got used to having the unlimited rocket launcher descimating everything and the only real threat being when you accidentally blow yourself up. It was a trip to play through again like a new gamer to the game, though I also remembered what jumped out of which corner. The game is a lot easier with the wiimote IMO, with aiming and slashing quite simple. On the wii, I was easily able to slash Krauser every time he came near. The HD graphics made it easier to notice some things lurking around the corner that you didn't see in SD versions.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...