IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

What's happened with the existing one?

If you are talking about the Concerto, we have not heard from Fred at all this year. The few of us that have the beta units have varying success with the cart. I have two 7800s and one one will not play anything without crashing, freezing or other problems. My second unit plays about 80-90 % of games. neither of them work with the Pokey installed, even with my good unit, With a Pokey install on Concerto, It causes the game load to freeze. His last communication with us is he was having personal problems and said he would work on Concerto this year.

Are you still considering making an SD cart for 7800?. I think if you can get a working one out there soon there will be a market for it. I would buy it. Right how we are all hoping for a firmware update or a hardware solution as to why it does not work on all of our 7800's.

• Like 3

If you are talking about the Concerto, we have not heard from Fred at all this year. The few of us that have the beta units have varying success with the cart. I have two 7800s and one one will not play anything without crashing, freezing or other problems. My second unit plays about 80-90 % of games. neither of them work with the Pokey installed, even with my good unit, With a Pokey install on Concerto, It causes the game load to freeze. His last communication with us is he was having personal problems and said he would work on Concerto this year.

Are you still considering making an SD cart for 7800?. I think if you can get a working one out there soon there will be a market for it. I would buy it. Right how we are all hoping for a firmware update or a hardware solution as to why it does not work on all of our 7800's.

Mine works with Pokey, but every single 7800 ROM I try gets corrupted when loading into memory.My Pokey chip is in a safe place, but SainT, if you think you can do better, please have a go at it.

I'm sure there are good reasons why things have not been smooth going for the Converto, but with my normal gung-ho attitude to the world, I don't see why I couldn't come up with something which works properly. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. :)

• Like 4

I'm sure there are good reasons why things have not been smooth going for the Converto, but with my normal gung-ho attitude to the world, I don't see why I couldn't come up with something which works properly. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. :)

You have done amazing stuff so far. I can not wait for the Jag and the 7800 carts you come up with!

Sooner the better :)

• Like 2

Well the rest of us can't even buy it!

Once the fix is made to the original carts sold I think the plan is to make many more to sell. That is the assumption I am making anyways. I dont think he wanted to sell 200 sd carts that have various issues. If all of us chillax he will come around. I hope his life issues are turning around for the better.
  • Like 2

Just noticed this SainT; I'm up for this as I'm wanting a 7800 SD solution anyway. Would you be working on this after the Jag one or alongside?

I can highly recommend SainT's lynx card work and I'm looking forward his Neo Geo Pocket Color SD release too!

I'd be doing this after the Jag, which I have started making progress with again now that I'm waiting on final PCB's to test the NeoGeo Pocket. I have some other projects in mind also, so which order they happen in I'm not sure. Either way, the more things I have stacked up for the future the better! So if anyone has any requests, please do say... :)

I quite like the idea of a replacement backlit screen for the NeoGeo Pocket too, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. That's something else I'll look into one day... :)

• Like 4

Heh. I'll bet there are some people here so pathetically into it that they have BOTH.

:ponder:

Uuuummm that would be me. :-o

And I would probably end up buying bot SD Projects. Considering I already bought a Mateo's 16 in 1 to get me by until until a working SD Cart is released.

I know I am not the same as everyone but I have already supported competing products and I would do it again in this case.

• Like 4

Hell yes I would! I bought a Cuttle Cart 2 back in the day for like $80 bucks, and then joked that the only way I was going to sell it was for $500 bucks... and wouldn't you know, I got a PM offering $500 bucks.

So I sold it, so now I need another one.

• Like 1

And I would probably end up buying bot SD Projects. Considering I already bought a Mateo's 16 in 1 to get me by until until a working SD Cart is released.

I know I am not the same as everyone but I have already supported competing products and I would do it again in this case.

I often buy competing as well, which makes no sense for me, but does for the homebrewers! If Batari's were put on sale in completed form with label, I'd buy it 5 minutes ago. Doesn't seem imminent so I'm rooting for SainT! I've been waiting YEARS for this, since the CC2 ended production before I knew it even existed.