IGNORED

Altirra 2.8 Wine port for macOS Sierra

Fletch

With Atari800MacX not fully functional with macOS Sierra and with no guarantees that it ever will be, I decided to make a Wine port of Altirra 2.80. It seems to function just fine. The sound works, USB joysticks work, and the frame rate seems fine so I'm going to start to use it.

I tried to attach the file here on AtariAge, but it is over the 50mb limit. I created a DropBox and placed it there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/melq181cczed2jr/altirra.zip?dl=0

Hopefully Phaeron is ok with that. If not, please let me know and I will take it down immediately.

I hope this helps my fellow Mac users until a native solution appears.

-Pete

post-3523-0-76233300-1473473507_thumb.png

• Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I´ve installed Altirra without bottling it, because I use it in combination with eclipse (WUDSN). But for me, Debugging doesn´t work.

You´re package looks good, also debugging works, but how can I call it from eclipse? My method using a shell-file doesn´t work with your package.

• 2 weeks later...

I´ve installed Altirra without bottling it, because I use it in combination with eclipse (WUDSN). But for me, Debugging doesn´t work.

You´re package looks good, also debugging works, but how can I call it from eclipse? My method using a shell-file doesn´t work with your package.

Got it working, simpply had to place my shell-script in altirra.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler/ and point to it in Eclipse. Thanks for your work. :)

Altirra.sh.zip

Edited by skr
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Oh, boy. This file is extremely large. Just use the link for version 2.9 and copy the files Altirra.exe and Altirra64.exe (from the regular Altirra 3.0 distribution) to Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler. Overwrite the existing two files. It's simple like that. Don't forget the delete the corresponding Wine-folder in ~/Library/Application Support otherwise you won't see version 3.0 starting (on my system the folder is called "_1503363707767"), it's created again on that place after you started the file again.

• 1 month later...

Hi together,

to my mind, we are very close to have an emulator for the Mac users in a Ready to doubleclick version without having Wine installed!

Giga thanks to Phaeron for his fantastic and outstanding emulator. :-))) The community can't thank you enough, really!

Sadly, he doesn't own a Mac and therefore can't test the below file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nlorl93u6m5zih/Altirra.app.7z?dl=0

39.1 MB

Many Mac users have already done so with macOS 10.11.x and 10.12.x and it works fine! Please don't alter the name and put the app in the applications folder. From there one, you are all so good, it is very true, that in case of a new version, one has just to open the app package, go to this path:

/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler/

and replace Phaeron's Altirra.exe files. That is all! Even for a new version of Altirra! Again we are back with sound and even much, much more! :-)))

For those of you, who don't want to trust me, I have inserted my settings of Altirra with deeply respect to Phaeron:

post-32599-0-73207200-1525283843_thumb.jpg

Sadly, I am just a wannabe Padawan and therefore my IQ is not high enough to solve the last remaining question on how to transfer from WUDSN directly to Altirra?

The script to the Atari800MacX emulator works fine from WUDSN for years. Altirra is a little bit different, as described before.

The script 'Altirra.sh' in this path:

/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler/

has to be adapted. But how?

I have this here:

post-32599-0-51165700-1525284455_thumb.jpg

and this:

post-32599-0-05909100-1525284466_thumb.jpg

Further, I have tried out these:

WineExec=/Applications/altirra.app/Contents/Resources/Wine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Wine

/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/Wine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Wine
/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/Wine.bundle/Contents/Resources/bin/wine
/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler/Altirra.exe
/Applications/Altirra.app/Contents/Resources/wineprefix/drive_c/winebottler/Altirra.sh
/Applications/Wine.app/Contents/MacOS/Wine

${runnerExecutablePath} "${outputFilePath}"
${runnerExecutablePath} /singleinstance ${outputFilePath}
open -a ${runnerExecutablePath} ${outputFilePath}

but without success. :-(((

skr could make a big progress with: chmod 777 Altirra.sh in Terminal, thank you so much for! :-)

Please don't missunderstand, I don't want to have a version which runs on my Mac, I want to have a version which runs on all Macs, just doubleclick, no Wine installed.

The 'force' tells me, we are close, very close to that, but sadly, no one tought me the force and Luke has already passed away... :-(

Thank you all so much. :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the spirit of sharing experiences getting Atari emulators running under OSX.

I have Atari800 running nativley under OSX High Sierra (10.13.6) with full audio using these instructions on a thread elsewhere here.

I also used an automator script to create a launcher icon - which makes it pretty slick...

And for Altirra running under OSX I really recommend looking at Play On - it does the same as the above wine wrapper work, but is VERY simple and allows you to associate files with Altirra - so running Altirra from WUDSN etc is simple

I use both of these with a command line front end too (Attract Mode) - so these are both very flexible ways to emulate on a Mac right now...

sTeVE

• 3 years later...
On 9/9/2016 at 11:12 PM, Fletch said:

With Atari800MacX not fully functional with macOS Sierra and with no guarantees that it ever will be, I decided to make a Wine port of Altirra 2.80. It seems to function just fine. The sound works, USB joysticks work, and the frame rate seems fine so I'm going to start to use it.

I tried to attach the file here on AtariAge, but it is over the 50mb limit. I created a DropBox and placed it there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/melq181cczed2jr/altirra.zip?dl=0

Hopefully Phaeron is ok with that. If not, please let me know and I will take it down immediately.

I hope this helps my fellow Mac users until a native solution appears.

-Pete

post-3523-0-76233300-1473473507_thumb.png

Download link broken in 2021

i use altirra X86 direct with cross over even on catalina