IGNORED

RCA Studio II Multicart

flip

Look what i have received today!

rcamulti.jpg

Now need to dig up my modded RCA Studio II, can't wait to try this! =)

Oh and the work made on the multicart is great! Same as the label stickers and the manual.

You both get two thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;-)

• Like 5

Just tried the multicart and it works like a charm! And i tested each games/utilities on the cart and it passes in flying colors.

Major Kudos to Flip, ekeefe (TPA correction), stupus (manual & labels) and all homebrewers and dumpers out there, this

is worth every pennies!! (and more!)

So now that i have dig up my Studio II, i had a mod i wanted to try out for years but never taken the time to test it...

until now. And on my first attemp, it worked! What is it ? Simply a "pause" switch! Check the vid:

https://youtu.be/4uJJytxtjz0

So now i only have to try out how long can i pause a game and if this damage anything.Back to bench! :)

• Like 6

Btw, while waiting for stupus, I test fitted the multicart with instructions in an existing box. I found that the instructions leaflet may be a few mm too tall to nicely fit inside, so I used my paper cutter to trim off a little, without removing any of the printed text of course. YMMV, but be prepared to trim it a bit. Also I found that the rotary switches may protrude a bit making the box difficult to close but again YMMV and it may depend on the condition of the donor box. I wonder though how much it would cost to manufacture new boxes of this size (perhaps a bit thicker for the switches) and apply the box stickers.

So I finally received my multicarts yesterday! :)

Today I started production of the boxes.

I did color matching and some tweeks to the art and did a test print.

I think everyone will be very happy with the final results on these!

I will probably try 1 more test print with slightly altered color values but I think the current sample is very close to the labels in color.

The cart fits very well in the finished box.

The dials don't seem to effect the box closing at all.

I did make a insert out of thin bubble wrap to go in the bottom of the box to pad the dials against the box bottom and that works great. I will include these with the boxes.

As Carlson mentioned the manuals do fit tight in the boxes. However the manuals are identical in size to the original manuals and as I am sure most people have noticed the original manuals are a tight fit to the original boxes.

The manual needs to sit on top the cart in the box and then it will close fine, just tightly.

The manuals can't sit in the box bottom safely just as the original manuals couldn't.

Here is a pic of the assembled test box with the cart, manual and pad inside the closed box.

post-26050-0-42756800-1480732172_thumb.jpg

I will be contacting people starting this coming week in the order boxes were reserved and begin taking payments for the boxes as I am completing them. (They are quite time consuming to make.)

They will be $20 shipped in the usa.

They will be $18 plus exact cost of shipping method chosen by the buyer for orders outside the continental usa.

Payments by paypal. Paypal gift only for orders outside the usa. And preferred but not required for orders in the usa.

• Like 5

All of my existing games have been packed with manual in the bottom, underneath the cartridge. I thought that was the norm. All those manuals are a bit bent to fit the box, and that is why I trimmed a little off my manual to make it lay flat at the bottom of the box. If it is intended to lay on top, no problem.

All of my existing games have been packed with manual in the bottom, underneath the cartridge. I thought that was the norm. All those manuals are a bit bent to fit the box, and that is why I trimmed a little off my manual to make it lay flat at the bottom of the box. If it is intended to lay on top, no problem.

I have never opened a sealed rca game to know for sure how the manual was packed...maybe someone here can say for sure?

I have received games with the manual in both spots. And yes when the manual is in the bottom the top and bottom edges get bent up a bit.

Some of my manuals though are still flat....which makes me guess they originally came with the manual on top. But that many people then put them under the cart since you would access the cart more often than the manual.

Hello guys,

Here is an RCA Studio II multicart that I put together.

It's basically the same as the one Flip designed, that I helped with, but I replaced the two hex rotary switches with a small Arduino circuit.

The Black buttons select which system and game is selected. One of the Red buttons, shows an 'About' screen. The other displays the instructions for the currently selected game.

It has a OLED display that indicates which system and game is currently selected. The system and game selection is retained across power cycles in EEPROM.

Here are some pictures of it:

The PCB front and back:

Eds_multicart1.jpg

Eds_multicart2.jpg

Installed in my test Studio II:

Eds_multicart3.jpg

Right after power up:

Eds_multicart4.jpg

Running Paul Robson's version of Asteroids:

Eds_multicart5.jpg

Eds_multicart6.jpg

I'm curious what you think.

I hope you found this interesting.

ED

• Like 7

So the first group of multicart boxes should be shipping out tomorrow!

post-26050-0-06802300-1480901653_thumb.jpg

With the headway I made today I should have them all going out during this week.

So if you have not been contacted yet about finalizing purchase, plan to be within the next days.

Happy holidays :)

• Like 4

So everyone that emailed/messaged or showed interest in this thread has been contacted by pm now to complete their orders.

If anyone did not receive contact and wants a BOX still, please send me a pm.

I can probably still make about 8-10 more with my current supplies.

Here is the list of everyone contacted:

1. stupus - x
2. flip - free gift copy
3. Ed keefe - free gift copy
4. Blazing lazers - paid
5. Anonymous ebay bingo buyer - free gift copy
6. Toymailman - paid by trade
7. eebuckeye - paid
8. Kyljoy- paid
9. Krslam
10. Lazzeri
11. Spaceman
12. Atari2008 - paid
13. Mckafka99 - paid
14. Bassguitari - paid
15. FABombjoy
16. Rhcocker
17. carlsson

18. rayik

19. y-bot

20. stupus - x

these will ship by order of payments received now.

First batch will go out tomorrow and tracking will be provided.

thanks to all :)

• Like 1

So I believe all preorders are now paid but 1.

I sent out about half the paid orders today.

I will update those buyers with tracking tonight.

Those are all scheduled to arrive thursday. Except 1 lucky fellow Midwesterner should get their box wednesday. ;)

I have 8 more paid boxes to ship.

I am hoping I can get 4 out tomorrow and 4 out Wednesday if all goes well.

Thanks! :)

:ponder: ...

Hehehe, hint #2, this lucky Midwesterner and I ate a pretzel of epic proportions together with tempest earlier this year. :D

In other news, the next batch of boxes shipped today and tracking has been sent to those buyers.

All but 2 preorders are now paid. And I hope to get the last 4 paid orders out tomorrow.

Thanks!

• Like 1