flip

RCA Studio II Multicart

On 4/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, flip said:

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Two problems unfortunately: I don't have any shells anymore. I had about 15 donated for the initial batch, but they ran out within days... If you have a donor shell, it's easy enough to put the cartridge in...

Second issue is that, for the moment, I cannot post to the USA due to the COVID-19 problems. I am in Europe and I have no idea when those services will restart. I'll keep an eye out and let you know, but it could be a few weeks or months...

regards,

FliP

Ok Thank you! Just let me know when your able to post to the U.S again

As for shell, didn't someone have a 3D model on its way? Was it never finished, intended to be closed source or other? Also if you mark on the PCB what is front and what is back, do you strictly need a shell - to push the metal pins down to tell the console a cartridge is inserted?

12 minutes ago, carlsson said:

As for shell, didn't someone have a 3D model on its way? Was it never finished, intended to be closed source or other? Also if you mark on the PCB what is front and what is back, do you strictly need a shell - to push the metal pins down to tell the console a cartridge is inserted?

There was someone working on a 3D model. He had scanned in a cartridge and was converting the scan. I asked a while ago, and I believe he said he abandoned it due to other commitments. He was going to forward the files, but haven't heard back since...

The cart works perfectly without a shell - there's no pins to push down and it's clearly marked which side should face the front of the console...

FliP

• Like 2

Great, so donor shells would just be for completeness, not in order to get the functionality. Perhaps I'm biased because I have so many multicarts, flashcarts, memory card devices etc which are barebones rather than in a pretty enclosure.