IGNORED

What was that strange cartridge I saw at the flea market?

VICMODEM

Bonjour. A few years ago I went to the flea market and I found a really really strange cartridge. It was extremely big and brown in color. It had a label on the front with a title in rainbow colors and it had a picture of a car (not a real picture of course, a drawing). On the back there was another label (I think it was yellow in color?) and it appeared to be a list of things... Games maybe? So yeah unfortunately I did not grab the cart, which I really regret...

Thinking about it I think it might've been an Arcadia 2001 multicart. Some Arcadia 2001 cartridges are the same size as the cartridge I saw and they also all have this identical rainbow text as the title. And the label on the back with a list looked like it could've been a list of the games on the cart. Strange thing is I have never seen a brown Arcadia 2001 cartridge online...

Sooo what do you guys think? Has anyone ever seen something like this before or know what it was?

AS far as I know all Arcadia carts were brown, and most of the Arcadia compatible licenced copies were in brown too.

I have a dozen boxed games for the French "Advision Home Arcade" (which is an Arcadia 2001 with a sligthly different front panel and a notch on the cart slot) and aside from labels in French they are really just the US games.

Just looking on Google pics only turn back pictures with brown carts. If you have seen carts of another color, then you spotted the oddball carts :D

In the land between chocolate brown and charcoal black, I suppose the same hue can be considered to be either, in particular depending on how the light falls.

Well the cartridge I found was very clearly brown, not a hint of black.

So it was an Arcadia 2001 cartridge. However I wonder if its true mystery will ever be solved...