IGNORED

Ultimate SD Cart run, US source, Nov 30 ship date, 25 in run

MacRorie

All, there is a pretty cool video that shows the cart in action.

Wow, it looks really fantastic in action! I hope that my name will bubble up into the winner's list for this production run, but if it doesn't, then I'll definitely need to build one of these myself.

Folks,

Requests for deposits just went out. Still looking at a 10DEC ship date. If you did not get an email requesting the deposit and think you should have, check your AtariAge PM box for a message or PM me here.

Still look at 10DEC ship date. Perhaps earlier, but want to underpromise and over deliver

-M

• Like 2

Getting a NES classic made me think about my 8 bit Ataris back in the days. I got on this forum and read about this truly amazing cart.

I still have a 65XE and an 800 stored away. Please add me to the list.

I will send a PM and hope enough carts can be produced in the long run.

Folks,

Things are proceeding. If I can get the time I have set aside to do these, the 10DEC ship date still looks very likely. Thank you for everyone that sent their deposits in. Eleven people have not yet sent in their deposits. I have also had more PCBs created. If, by the time I am ready to ship, I still have people who have not sent in their deposits, I will start contacting people on the waitlist. Everyone who has sent in a deposit should have received a confirmation email. If you have sent in a deposit and did not get an email from "thebrewingacademy@gmail.com" with your AA nickname, you should contact me immediately.

Thanks

-M

A couple of things:

1. I thought I was going to get some free time over the US Thanksgiving holiday to assemble things, but that just has not happened. Either a) I discovered some parts I needed (and thought I had ordered more than enough of) were missing or b) life with jobs, 15 month old twins, or well something happened. I apologize for that. i thought I had put enough leeway into the mix. I did not and I apologize.

2. I am making them on a continuing basis. So, they will trickle out. Three of them took me 9 hours because of interruptions, etc. I know, not your problem/ I will keep in contact. I am hopeful that next week, I will be able to dedicate 8-10 hours a day.

3. I have to go out of the country for a few days (China) on the 10th (Thus the reason for the ship date, I wanted to have them done before I left.). However, after I return, all of my grading is done, the semester is over and I have a solid week of the nanny and the in-laws being here so I can focus on assembling and testing cartridges.

4. As I finish them, I will contact you for the balance of the payment. As I noted, I finished some today, I will be contacting three people in just a moment.

tl;dr
I am going to miss the ship date for most of you. I am making them as fast as I can. I am hopeful it will be soon, but I wanted to err on the side of transparency.

I will post a copy of this on the AA thread.

Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am very interested in this as well. I just recently acquired an Atari 800xl, my original with all my games and devices were destroyed in a fire over 25 years ago and found this 800xl sitting in it's box and a game store. Please let me know when/how I can get one of these. Please PM me any information you may need. Thank You!

Hey, folks,

I am trying to build these and just running into bad luck. I built six today and . . . well, all need to be troubleshot. So, that was 12 hours that will lead to even more work. Sorry, folks. As some can tell you, they have theirs and they work like champs, but this process is . . . difficult. More difficult then I imagined after I built a few. I have talked to Robin about it and he assures me that this is part of the process, but @#$%^&*() it sucks.

again, just trying to be transparent.

I will keep at it. If you feel you cannot wait, PM me and we can talk. I have to go out of the country (again) for two weeks after Christmas. I will be right at it when I get back.

Again, just trying to be transparent so you don't think I have absconded with your deposits.

Oh, and the power failed and took The Bates Motel BBS down. In the process, the startup datafile got corrupted and I was going to do a backup *right* after I got all of these carts done . . .

I will try and bring it back up before I leave so you have an alternative contact.

Thanks for your support.

P.S. I am also looking into assembly services so I can get them out the door and to you. I have contacted some nearby companies to see if it is feasible. If it is, I will take that route and get your your carts much faster.

• Like 1