IGNORED

Ultimate SD Cart run, US source, Nov 30 ship date, 25 in run

MacRorie

he's still out of country...

he's still out of country...

Same here, just waiting patiently. Are you able to let us know how many have you shipped so far on this run?

Indeed, I am out of the USA right now. I am in bright and sunny Brisbane, QLD, Australia! If there are any 8bitters here or in Cairns, or Auckland, NZ, I might have a few moments to break free and meet up with you. No, I do not have any carts with me. . .

There have been about 10 carts in total shipped out (including everything I have made, so that does not necessarily mean I got to #10 on the list). The good news, however, is that I have not been sitting on my hands whilst out of the the good ol' US of A. I have a local board assembler who has given me a price to do 50+ units! Good news: this will be the beginnings of a beautiful ON-GOING thing, so carts can be made on a continuing and TIMELY basis! Bad news: It ain't cheap, but it will get the job done.

Additional good news: I should get to EVERYONE on BOTH the current deposit list as well as the stand-by list! I am NOT, however, going to ask for any more deposits or balance payments until the carts are in my hot little hands ready to ship to you.

Let me be clear: I am NOT asking, nor implying, nor wishing, nor hinting that anyone send me any more more than they agreed to ($85+shipping/cartridge). Any money sent to me in excess of what they are asked for when carts are ready to ship will be returned with a stern look of disapproval.

DATE of SHIPMENT: Not sure, right now. I want to say no later than end of January, but I don't get back for 12 days and then have to get the assembler the boards and parts, then I have to assemble the back side (not negligible, but not onerous either, time-wise). However, the assembler is very local to me, so this is all good.

Bad news: Anyone NOT on the list as of right NOW, the price will increase. How much? Dunno. I have to make sure this works and the price stays at what he said it stays at.

Thanks. I am hopeful everyone had a great holiday and will have a happy new year, I will keep in touch as my wi-fi access continues.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

I am back in the good ol' US of A and just sent the assembler company the information he required for the build. I am hopeful he will get back to me saying all is good and we can proceed.
Once they assemble all of the difficult parts, I will finish putting the easier bits on, test them, put them in cart shells and start sending them out. At this time, I am hopeful that this will all conclude by the end of January.
Again, my most humble apologies for the delays. I know you want your cart, but I really REALLY want you to get your cart so we can all call it done! ;-)
Thanks for hanging in there and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
-M
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have updated those with deposits via email, so they are all up to speed. Those of you on the wait list should feel confident that there is a definite possibility. I don't want to get over confident, but things look good.

Those of you who are interested in some beyond the wait list, I will get in touch soon. *IF* things work out and *IF* they assembler doesn't change his prices, then, it should not be too much over what the cost is now. The assembler told me he will have his part done by Friday, January 27. Barring difficulties, I hope to meet the end of January for full details about everything.

Thanks for hanging in there!

• Like 2

Folks,

All people who were on the original list have been sent an email stating that their cart is ready to be shipped. Thank you to those who have already paid. I am currently finishing up the last cartridges for those on the second wait list (I have emailed the first 6 to see if they still want them). As I finish more, I will email people.

However, we are talking SINGLE DIGITS. I have 20+ that need to be troubleshot or scavenged. Just got to find the time. If I can fix any of them, I will email people.

This was . . . nightmarish at times. Even the assembler was not without problems (they installed a crystal upside down. Yeah. go figure). I am PRETTY sure I came close to breaking even. My numbers tell me I lost a little, but if I can fix a couple more, I should be at even. Which is good.

I learned a LOT. Man, did I learn a lot. However, it took so much time. So.... I was thinking about if I would do another run. I really am not sure. But, I am talking to people. Please keep in mind that the logistics are in the PLANNING STAGES ONLY. IT MAY NOT HAPPEN.

BUt, even if it does not, thank ALL OF YOU for your patience. I hope you enjoy your cartridges and everything.

-MacRorie

• Like 5

Funny how things are running along smoothly and then pop! You suddenly have more stuff to do and more things going on than you can handle!

I extend a special thanks to MacRorie for working through it all even at a cost to himself... A class act to be sure! Hang in there because life is just starting to get busy! Include the kids!