IGNORED

Got an XBL Suspension

VectorGamer

Enforcement Detail :- This account engaged in inappropriate communications. This activity may include harassment, abusive language, hate speech, profanity, disruptive or offensive language, spamming, or other inappropriate uses of Xbox Live communications features. Temporary suspension impact: For the duration of the suspension this account cannot use Xbox Live communication features, including in-game and party chat, messaging, video communications, gameplay broadcasting, sharing content, and Skype on Xbox One. Permanent suspension impact: This account can no longer sign in to Xbox Live from any device. This enforcement affects the account's Xbox Live privileges until 09/13/2016 01:22:43 PM (UTC).

How does this happen? Does Microsoft monitor communications themselves or is it based solely on complaints from other players?

Not sure if they have guys sitting around watching stuff constantly, using bots or a combination of all that and people reporting.

All kinds of stuff can ban an account from doing some advertising to hosting a hacked game or lobby etc.

http://enforcement.xbox.com/home/codeofconduct

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I cannot get further information from Microsoft if it is just a 24 hour suspension. So the only information I have is based on a conversation with my son.

My son thinks he was suspended for spamming. He said he was in contact with another player about joining a game and the player said he was not getting the invites so my son kept resending them. So perhaps the player was trolling my son into doing this so he could report him to Microsoft.

Ahhh....24 hours isn't too bad. It's probably more than just one complaint though. It's usually multiple complaints that brings the ban hammer. I'm pretty good at Destiny PVP and sometimes I'll get a random complaint filed against me that I'm cheating or modding (which I don't), after I have a good game in PVP against another team. Nothing ever comes of it though.