IGNORED

Internet over serial via pc internet connection sharing

Sinphaltimus

Anyone have experience setting this up?

Looking to get my a500 connected to the internet via a serial null modem that is communicating with my pc.

I can transfer files back and forth with Amiga explorer, just haven't figured out the internet slip stuff on both ends (Amiga and PC).

Edited by Sinphaltimus

• 2 months later...

Dan Wood - Kookytech.net has a Youtube video on this very subject. He has an Amiga connected to a PC via serial port. He then has some software installed on the PC that handles the Internet connectivity aspects.

Anyone have experience setting this up?

Looking to get my a500 connected to the internet via a serial null modem that is communicating with my pc.

I can transfer files back and forth with Amiga explorer, just haven't figured out the internet slip stuff on both ends (Amiga and PC).

• Like 1

Dan Wood - Kookytech.net has a Youtube video on this very subject. He has an Amiga connected to a PC via serial port. He then has some software installed on the PC that handles the Internet connectivity aspects.

Thanks for that. Here is the link for anyone else interested. I will certainly need to refer back to this in the near future.

I have a 68000 with 1MB chip and that's it. So I'm waiting to order a Vampire II before worrying about internet connectivity at the moment. And I don't have a RPi.