IGNORED

IGS PolyGame Master

Reaperman

Today I finally pulled the trigger on IGS's PGM system and a game called Photo Y2K, which is a competitive spot-the-differences game. I really like those kinds of games, and there's nothing like it in my collection. I also really like that PGM games, for the most part, don't seem to have home ports, and the exclusivity helps me justify the costs involved.

Anyway, I know a fair number of members here have PolyGame Master systems, because I'm watching your vids on the tubes, but we have no topic on the system that I could find. So, what games does everybody love? Are there any good sources of games? Do I have to watch out for bootlegs (because I haven't been)?

For those who are stumbling in and are new to the system, International Games System (IGS) is a Taiwanese arcade game manufacturer and their PolyGame Master line (of which there are 3 generations) are cartridge-based arcade systems pretty similar to the Neo Geo MVS but with boosted specs. The first gen seems to have by far the most games, which is where I'm starting. (Specs and game list from system16.) Edit: Oh, and since it's the first thing I had to look up, the system seems to feature 4 buttons per player, which is rather convenient.

uCOPkHl.jpg

Photo Y2K gameplay:

Demon Front Gameplay (which seems to be widely considered to be pgm's best game):

Edited by Reaperman