IGNORED

Hi-Score Today

Trinity

With my Wii emulation rig out of commission for the time being I decided to play some Pitfall II on the Activision Anthology collection for the Game Boy Advance this morning. Not my best score ever, but still pretty decent I think.

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (Atari 2600): 181,435

MPwjWgW.jpg

What happened to your Wii? I just got one a few weeks ago.

What happened to your Wii? I just got one a few weeks ago.

It actually wasn't the Wii that broke down on me, but the Mad Catz Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii arcade stick that I play emulated Atari games with. The cord that connects the arcade stick to the Wii remote to allow it to function as a Classic Controller had something go wrong with it and now the signal between the arcade stick and the Wii remote cuts out every 5 seconds or so. I was just going to replace the cord with another one from a Classic Controller or Nunchuck, but I quickly found out that the cord that Mad Catz decided to use for the TvC stick is proprietary and has an extra wire that other Wii controller cords don't have, making it non-replaceable and rendering the arcade stick a big heavy paperweight.

I suppose I could still emulate games on the Wii using the Wii remote or Classic Controller, but it just doesn't feel right to me playing Atari without a joystick unless I'm playing them on a handheld.

I had half an hour or so to kill on the bus this afternoon so I decided to give Pitfall II on the Activision Anthology collection for the GBA another go. Trying to run precisely under the bats and condors wasn't easy on a shakey bouncing bus ride, but I think I still did pretty well and topped my score from last week. :)

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (Atari 2600): 194,378

h1Fbn4c.jpg

• Like 1

It actually wasn't the Wii that broke down on me, but the Mad Catz Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii arcade stick that I play emulated Atari games with. The cord that connects the arcade stick to the Wii remote to allow it to function as a Classic Controller had something go wrong with it and now the signal between the arcade stick and the Wii remote cuts out every 5 seconds or so. I was just going to replace the cord with another one from a Classic Controller or Nunchuck, but I quickly found out that the cord that Mad Catz decided to use for the TvC stick is proprietary and has an extra wire that other Wii controller cords don't have, making it non-replaceable and rendering the arcade stick a big heavy paperweight.

I suppose I could still emulate games on the Wii using the Wii remote or Classic Controller, but it just doesn't feel right to me playing Atari without a joystick unless I'm playing them on a handheld.

Sorry to hear about the bad cord on your controller. I googled a bit and could not find help.:/

More Firepower tonight, only 353,210. Bad luck... :)

Sorry to hear about the bad cord on your controller. I googled a bit and could not find help.:/

More Firepower tonight, only 353,210. Bad luck... :)

Thanks for trying to help, but it's alright. I'm just looking at it as a good lesson in not investing large amounts of money into things with non-replaceable parts. And hey, it also gives me more incentive to start playing Atari on real hardware again. :)

Speaking of which, I set a new personal best high score of 772 in Breakout with my newly acquired Light Sixer system and Best Electronics upgraded paddle controllers today! Wow do these upgraded paddles ever make a difference!

Breakout (Atari 2600): 772

pnmdQNn.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the recent release of Corpse Party for 3DS got me wanting to play the rest of my 3DS library, so I messed with the Sega 3D Classics port of After Burner II. I don't do the best at the game, haven't played it all too much and I almost feel I rely more on luck than knowing what to do, but it is pretty fun.

After Burner II - 59,644,440

post-39575-0-84970000-1477699989_thumb.jpg

• Like 2