IGNORED

F7 Destiny

576XE

Hi there,

I am a newbie on this board, and this is my first entry. So hello to everyone :)

Well, F7 project is on hold and most probably it will be cancelled. I doubt if F7 would offer the same features like Rapidus, because F7 uses quite old technology devices. It will be hard to redesign this extension now.

Seems like the project was abandoned by its developers.

I would have loved the F7, because being able to just plug in equipment without having to install it, is huge.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun dealing with hardware guru's but, the convenience of plug and play would help popularize any accessory.

And in the end, the accessories are more fun when everyone owns one and software is developed for it.

But, so be it, I am very grateful that at least the Rapidus made it to market.

Anyway, for anyone new, if you are put off by installing hardware yourself (and I've destroyed many an atari making the attempt)....then all you have to do is pick one of the many guru's around here and PM them, and you can find someone to do it fairly quick. Don't delay!

You want it, and you really need it, if you think about it ;)

• Like 1

I would probably buy Turbo F7 Card, just to use it as a game cart - if it had Let's Emu onboard, like Rapidus does. I could play hundreds of Spectrum games on my Atari, I mean, I could enjoy this vintage games on my vintage HW, it's part of the fun to me.

And if I get bored with this, I can simply remove the cart and have my Atari back - sounds good to me.

I'm not going to buy Rapidus at the moment. I've got only one Atari computer so far, and I'm not into modding it.

Probably part of the fun of modding is DIY....but I'm taking my time....like years.

I bought all the soldering stuff, and practiced enough that I removed an IC and put in a socket. That took some practice.

The other day I removed an MMU and OS chip and put it in a machine that was already socketed - and that felt to me, like winning the olympics, lol.

I went through a period of collecting, so I probably have like 6 machines....all picked up super cheap though. I tend to buy junk. Atari's that were used in businesses and already modded, so not worth much to collectors anyway.

that's definitely another advantage to plug in hardware the ability to keep the atari stock. Plus troubleshooting is easier. The F7 would've been great, that's for sure.

But without modding the machine,..one has to live with stock video out..I think even just having an svideo mod is a great improvement, although I've been going with vbxe. now that's a lot of work, because they don't even put the 'header' on the card, for some reason, its a lot of soldering.

I use standard (Sorry Usual but not Standard At all!) 130XE S-video output with SONY PVM and I'm not in trouble almost at all.

There are only 50Hz penetration into sound output channel. Not so annoying yet...

I must say that video output on SONY TV is MUCH MORE downscaled.

EZ