IGNORED

Batman

MegaManFan

I still think Adam West's Batman costume is cheesy in comparison with the comic book interpretations from the 1970s onward. And even with the coloring scheme which is inconsistent with the color scheme of a bat (though I personally don't know of any bats that are blue and gray), John Byrne at the very least made it clear in his interpretation of the classic Batman costume that he does NOT have a black face portion on the mask itself; it's merely a simple shadow drawn in to offset Batman's face from the rest of the mask.

Anyway, Warner Communications held the rights to DC Comics properties, so if anyone was going to make a Batman game back then (as if anyone could make a Batman game), it would have to be the pre-Tramiel Atari.

:idea:

Since Adam West is on the cover of the mock-up and he and Burt Ward recently did another Batman reunion movie, I got an idea. Suppose someone was to actually program a Batman game and they need the approval of someone? Suppose Fox didn't want to release it? Why not get Adam West's approval of the game? Suppose someone ACTUALLY programmed it you know.

I dunno.

It would be great for Adam West as I'm sure he would frame a copy of the game if one ever was programmed.

It's a neat mock-up though.

:idea:  

Since Adam West is on the cover of the mock-up and he and Burt Ward recently did another Batman reunion movie, I got an idea. Suppose someone was to actually program a Batman game and they need the approval of someone? Suppose Fox didn't want to release it? Why not get Adam West's approval of the game? Suppose someone ACTUALLY programmed it you know.

I dunno.

It would be great for Adam West as I'm sure he would frame a copy of the game if one ever was programmed.

It's a neat mock-up though.

I think you will still need DC comics approval since they own the rights to Batman. (if Bob Kane was still alive,he died around the time Batman beyond cartoon went on, I'm sure he would have given the ok on the game, after all he did produce the Batman and Rubin record with steve rossi and marty allen)

Dan Iacovelli

All you have to do is talk to Marvel regarding the game if it was ever to be released.

I know that I'm veering off topic, but I like the idea of a 2600 Batman game.

I own Superman and Spider-Man and it would just look cooler to have a Batman game.

Spiderman is an awesome game though...better than Superman for me.

There are too many license obstacles that prevent a 1966 Batman game from ever coming out.

You have DC Comics which owns the Batman license, then you have 20th Centry Fox which owns the television rights, then you have George Barris who owns the rights to the 1966 TV Batmobile, and then you have to get each actor's approval before they can be used in a game.

This is the same reason why we don't have the TV series on DVD, or any TV toys or collectables.

Companies like Marvel and DC don't fool around with penny-ante deals like 2600 homebrew cartriges. These people are in it for the millions. The profits from the game wouldn't even cover their attorney fees.

If anyone wants to actually make a comic game, perhaps one of the independent publishers would allow a tie-in. They'll take any publicity they can get.

I swear most people never read the posts. We established long ago in this thread that Warner ultimately controls the Batman character. No one else. 20th Century Fox owns any images and stories from their Desilu-produced TV series. Adam West owns the rights to Adam West. Actors typically sign away the use of their image to the studios, so Fox would likey own any pictures of West in character.

Come to think of it, an Adam West game would be appealingly weird. Maybe a hack of Tax Avoiders in which he seeks out residual checks and appearance fees for auto shows.

NovaXpress is totally singing my tune here. :D Even before I read your post I was thinking the same thing. I really admire everything the homebrewers are doing, but I'd also love to see some strange thinking plugged into games.

I was just going to say that a game called "Adam West" could potentially be really funny, and a guy like that would certainly give permission to a hobbyist project like this. You'd show West in all sort of batman-like situtations (without directly referencing any Batman imagery) on his way to the studio to be on TV. If done right this sort of thing could be nigh satirical and have plenty of delivious details to make fans go "oooh".

I've thought up several game concepts (haven't we all?) that would be weird and funny, but totally do-able based on what I've seen today's brilliant homebrewers create. I do not have any skills in this area, so sadly they just sit in my sketchbook, I guess.

It's the Taco Bell approach... just find a different way to combine the same six ingredients. :)

This is the same reason why we don't have the TV series on DVD, or any TV toys or collectables.

The 1966 movie is on DVD. I would think if they can clear the video rights for that, the series would show up eventually. They're putting pretty much everything else out on DVD.

I still think Adam West's Batman costume is cheesy in comparison with the comic book interpretations from the 1970s onward.  And even with the coloring scheme which is inconsistent with the color scheme of a bat (though I personally don't know of any bats that are blue and gray), John Byrne at the very least made it clear in his interpretation of the classic Batman costume that he does NOT have a black face portion on the mask itself; it's merely a simple shadow drawn in to offset Batman's face from the rest of the mask.

Why do you have to be so literal? Spiderman's costume isn't exactly a literal interpretation of a typical spider either, which is why they tried to change his costume also, and then wound up going back to the original.

I for one do not like the overall trend in comic book adaptations to film to turn every costume into a black leather/armour suit. X-men is the most recent offender.

It's just starting to get cliche, and it takes away from the whole comic book aesthetic.

I for one do not like the overall trend in comic book adaptations to film to turn every costume into a black leather/armour suit.  X-men is the most recent offender.

It's just starting to get cliche, and it takes away from the whole comic book aesthetic.

Actually, in 90% of the X-Men 2 movie, they aren't wearing any "suits" at all. When they do come up, they're either the butt of jokes (i.e. Magneto's "dorky" helmet) or whining from the junior members ("When do I get one?"). In fact they've been something of a running joke the whole time (the references to Wolverine wearing something yellow in the first one for example). I think they got away from the "molded rubber" look of Batman very successfully.

I for one do not like the overall trend in comic book adaptations to film to turn every costume into a black leather/armour suit.  X-men is the most recent offender.

Anyone else remember Daredevil in "The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk"?

post-1863-1052341720_thumb.jpg

Anyone else remember Daredevil in "The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk"?

I remember that movie, yeah the dare devil in that movie wore black(as you pointed out in your picture) but in the comics his suit was red.

here's another thing: Remember when Hulk met up with Thor on the TV(I think it was a tv movie don't remember) well in the comics Thor and blake

are the same person on the TV episode they are two different people.

go figure

Dan Iacovelli

• 12 years later...

Hey guys, sorry for the weird bump, but I was browsing ebay and saw this

$T2eC16VHJGwFFZRJ5mpfBRlObdmKcw~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Atari-2600-Cartridge-Coasters-wooden-coaster-set-brand-new-atari-woody-/390963730723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b07411923

I actually came to check here because I thought it might be a rip off of one of the fakes someone mocked up, but decided to post it anyway because it is sort of funny that 1) he is trying to sell a coaster of a game that doesn't exist, and 2) you could get 4 ACTUAL 2600 games and use them as coasters for that price. As far as I'm aware, the 2600 product numbers did not even go as high as "CX6669"

I did however find this site which claims the game exists http://comicbookfanlover.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/actores-batman-en-el-cine-tv-y-otros.html

The image is apparently by Neil Adams, from an 1970s LP, so you have to hand it to them for making a relatively believable fake

Hey guys, sorry for the weird bump, but I was browsing ebay and saw this

$T2eC16VHJGwFFZRJ5mpfBRlObdmKcw~~60_57.J

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Atari-2600-Cartridge-Coasters-wooden-coaster-set-brand-new-atari-woody-/390963730723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b07411923

I actually came to check here because I thought it might be a rip off of one of the fakes someone mocked up, but decided to post it anyway because it is sort of funny that 1) he is trying to sell a coaster of a game that doesn't exist, and 2) you could get 4 ACTUAL 2600 games and use them as coasters for that price. As far as I'm aware, the 2600 product numbers did not even go as high as "CX6669"

I did however find this site which claims the game exists http://comicbookfanlover.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/actores-batman-en-el-cine-tv-y-otros.html

The image is apparently by Neil Adams, from an 1970s LP, so you have to hand it to them for making a relatively believable fake

Thats actually a damn good choice for a label pic, looks close to something they might have used back then :)