IGNORED

Homebrew Research

ChuckTeed

A couple of those look like ones I built about 10 or 12 years ago. I assume the signed pacman cart came from pacmanplus and the CC2 from Chad Shell. Who did you buy the lot from if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: $25 each on the repros, $50 for the pacman homebrew, $200+ (??) on the CC2 if you where looking for price tags.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2

He was from Toronto, Ontario and his name was Phil. We corresponded via Kijiji, so I didn't pick up much more than that. The lot came with 50-60 games and two systems - the home brews were a nice bonus to an almost complete 7800 collection.

Sadly, the Rescue To Fractalus cart is basically a glitchy screen that I can sort of control. Wish I could actually get it to work.

A couple of those look like ones I built about 10 or 12 years ago. I assume the signed pacman cart came from pacmanplus and the CC2 from Chad Shell. Who did you buy the lot from if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: $25 each on the repros, $50 for the pacman homebrew, $200+ (??) on the CC2 if you where looking for price tags.

Prices are great - I didn't factor the home brew carts into the purchase price, so the fact they are worth anything is a nice bonus. I just really wanted the original games - I remember reading about them in magazines, but my local stores (I'm located in New Brunswick, Canada) only carried 10-15 titles. Almost every 7800 enthusiast in my area has the exact same collection - if it was an arcade port, it was available locally.

• Like 1

Klax and Rescue on Fractalus are at various stages of development and considered prototypes. As you discovered, Rescue on Fractalus you cannot do much of anything, while Klax is far more along.

Space War info here.

Tubes info here.

Pac-Man is a (early) conversion of the original retail Ms. Pac-Man release that ultimately evolved into and became part of Pac-Man Collection. There are several variant individual releases that precede Pac-Man Collection.

Cuttle Cart 2 is a flash multi-cart discontinued many years ago. You can find files and documents for it attached to this post.

If curious about other homebrews and hacks for the 7800, see here. For other 7800 prototypes, see this site.

• Like 4

Nice pickup there! :)

If you fancy selling the Space War, let me know :)

I haven't decided what to do with these yet, but I'll keep it in mind. They might help offset the cost of picking up the lot, or they might become trade bait - still need a few more 7800 titles to complete the collection. I think Klax and Pac-Man are keepers, although I think I'd prefer a copy of Pac-Man Collection.

...I think Klax and Pac-Man are keepers, although I think I'd prefer a copy of Pac-Man Collection.

If you want to pick up boxes, you can get them here:

http://www.retrogamesshop.com/index.php?language=en&cat=c5_Reproduction-Boxes-Atari-7800-Reproduction-Boxes.html&cPath=23_5&listing_sort=&listing_count=96

Marc O is well known in the community and does a great job.

• Like 2

Klax is very common for a reproduction. The game was first sold as a reproduction back in March of 2002. I actually saw and played the game at what is now known as the Midwest Gaming Classic back in June of 2002.

Klax has been sold at multiple websites since 2002. The game matter of fact was sold multiple times by the same seller on Ebay.

Same two (shell?) bidders after the price went to $266.

Even if it is 'legit' bidding, a final sell price of $910 is absolutely outrageous and ridiculous, IMHO.

• Like 1

If you want to pick up boxes, you can get them here:

http://www.retrogamesshop.com/index.php?language=en&cat=c5_Reproduction-Boxes-Atari-7800-Reproduction-Boxes.html&cPath=23_5&listing_sort=&listing_count=96

Marc O is well known in the community and does a great job.

I've purchased several boxes from Marc. Quality products and customer service. :thumbsup:

Same two (shell?) bidders after the price went to $266.

Even if it is 'legit' bidding, a final sell price of $910 is absolutely outrageous and ridiculous, IMHO.

I'm pretty sure there weren't shell bidders, if there were I appreciate that they did this without my knowledge. It was my cart that sold last year, and I didn't do anything to up the price. Okay, I did one thing, I did not pull the auction (it already had bids on it, I think up to $100) when someone sent me the following:

"I will pay top dollar for this if you have a buy it now price in mind, I

have been looking for this for years.

If not I will be happy to bid as

normal.

How does $500.00 sound?"

The person who sent me the email was the winner of the cart.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there weren't shell bidders, if there were I appreciate that they did this without my knowledge. It was my cart that sold last year, and I didn't do anything to up the price. Okay, I did one thing, I did not pull the auction (it already had bids on it, I think up to $100) when someone sent me the following:

normal.

How does $500.00 sound?"

Congrats on that auction listing. It's still absolutely outrageous and ridiculous (IMHO) for someone to bid that high; but it's certainly their prerogative.

That same winner of the $910 auction, put a bid in for $300 on the July auction as well...Different strokes for different folks, I guess. $1200+ is a lot of money to spend for a couple of multicarts for the 7800. Good for that person if that's what makes them happy.

I would have a hard time refusing $500 - I'm pretty shocked by how much they sell for!

normal.

How does $500.00 sound?"

That's a great pick up! It must feel really good to be able to almost complete a collection like that. Back when I was buying consoles and games to try them out cause emulation hadn't taken off on them yet (early 2000's) I did that with a Sega CD/32X bundle.

Do you mind if I ask how much all of that was?

I'm sure you can sell some of the stuff you don't want like any of the homebrews to get the money to fill the gaps and complete the collection. It's very nice that the 7800 (for the most part) has a still possible to complete collection.